Acting forums, all in one place

19,654 posts from Reddit, Stage 32, the Backstage community and Delphi, newest first. Every title links out to the original thread.

Reddit

Reddit · 28 Sep 2019

Voice Actors Wanted

Im a writer and want to make a Youtube channel that makes animation series. I can't offer any pay or compensation. So if anyone wants to join message me personally and we can discuss details. I want to get as many creators involved as possible. We'll have a slow start but can use for a portfolio. Thanks in advance.

Reddit

Reddit · 28 Sep 2019

Rape scene as the assaulter, how do I approach this?

Hi fellow actors, I am going to play a person who rapes his girlfriend because he wants a child but she wants to wait. In the script it says we end up on the floor behind the couch, and I rape her. My scene partner says she wants to go all in, but I don't know how comfortable I am and how far she's actually willing to…

Reddit

Reddit · 28 Sep 2019

Looking for serious actors in Toronto to build with

Hey everyone, acting can be a tremendously lonely pursuit. I'm an ACTRA unionized actor in Toronto looking for some fellow actors who are serious about their craft and careers to build with. I'm thinking something alone the lines of a weekly meet up where we would work together on acting exercises, scenes, and short fi…

Reddit

Reddit · 28 Sep 2019

How do you guys find the motivation to keep acting?

Moving across the country to LA, leaving your family behind, expensive rent, all to pursue a dream that most likely won’t result in much of anything at all? That sounds depressing, and that’s exactly why I’m scared. I’m an actor in the mid west. I know someday I’ll have to move if I want to take acting seriously. But d…

Reddit

Reddit · 27 Sep 2019

Can’t seem to land a role...

I’ve done workshops and have been advised that I’m completely ready for representation. Prior to that, I’ve had most of my experiences in dramatic arts during high school. I am now 20 years old and can’t seem to land a gig no matter how hard I try. I’ve gotten called for 13 auditions since my workshop(s) and haven’t go…

Reddit

Reddit · 27 Sep 2019

Voice Acting Hub

I've been daydreaming about a voiceover artist web service. You could say it is kind of like a showcase website for artists. I would have a webpage listing each voice artist, and each artist would get their own sub domain on the website to list their demos, services, bio, and what not. Interested clients could look thr…

Reddit

Reddit · 27 Sep 2019

Someone ground me

My entire life.... "you are the funniest dude I've ever met" / "you should do standup" / "youre a fucking character man" / "you deserve to be on TV" I am NOT an actor. I'm not. I'm witty, sarcastic af and curse a lot. Throw a little intuition and idgaf attitude and people tend to be entertained. What are the odds of ge…

Reddit

Reddit · 27 Sep 2019

Burnout

Hey fellow actors, I have been experiencing burnout for a majority of this year. I can't read a script without getting bored, I don't feel motivated to learn new monologues (or practice the ones I have now), and I feel dread when it comes to going to rehearsals. I haven't been the same since my grad school rejection ba…

Reddit

Reddit · 27 Sep 2019

Would acting in a haunted house go on your resume?

I have the opportunity to be an actress in a haunted house. Wondering if this would go on my resume. Also to people who have done this, is it a 'useful' job in terms of skills you learn?

Reddit

Reddit · 26 Sep 2019

Have any actors here that have booked decent creds decided to peace out of LA / NYC for smaller market for better lifestyle and found it (even outside of Atlanta? Like I’m talking Orlando...)

Bc you’re sick of cattle call auditioning and the crowds and found more success? If a Cd loves you and remembers you and you can just fly in or write your own stuff why not?? Have you found more success this way? Why not just put yourself on tape and fly yourself in if you get cb or do Skype session ?

Reddit

Reddit · 26 Sep 2019

Hey guys I need help!

Hey guys I'm an aspiring voice actor I just wanted to ask once you get everything like a mic computer a closet what's the next step? What should I be using to begin my journey into voice acting?

Reddit

Reddit · 26 Sep 2019

Headshot-Age Range-Character Type Post - Sep 26

Use this thread to post your headshots for feedback, get info on your age range/type, find good headshot photographers, ask any questions you may have about headshots. If you are posting a DIY headshot for feedback, and not just a snapshot in order to get feedback on your age range/type/etc, it is advised that you do a…

Reddit

Reddit · 26 Sep 2019

Emotional Memory/ Recall

Yesterday we were blocking a song from Into the Woods called "No More." For anyone unfamiliar with this song, it's very emotional and deals with regret, guilt, and abandonment. The director told me this, and without meaning to I instantly started thinking about all the things i've done that I regret and all the people…

Reddit

Reddit · 26 Sep 2019

Play monologues for the high school— early 20’s age range?

Hello! As the title states, I’m looking for a couple of monologues from plays in my age range. Specifically, I’m looking for two types: 1.) Young love/ flirting type of monologue, in the same vein of The Fault in Our Stars. Something light, charming, and perhaps even with a “darker” subtext. 2.) Angsty bad boy monologu…

Reddit

Reddit · 26 Sep 2019

Monologues and Duologues for black actors.

Hi there, I’m a young black actor from London who is currently in there final year of acting training at drama school. My casting is not your typical south London roadmap, but rather more the guy who escaped the hood for a better life. My native accent is Estuary English so it’s quite hard to find monologues or duologu…

Reddit

Reddit · 26 Sep 2019

Any tips on helping my little sister practice?

Hey all. I’m aware that this sub is usually used for professionals/enthusiasts in the fine art of acting. I’m no actor and have no experience with acting, but my 11 year old sister got a part in her school play and she’s super excited. It’d mean a lot to her if I helped her practice. As far as I’ve seen, most elementar…

Reddit

Reddit · 26 Sep 2019

Recent exchanges with some actors.

Haven’t been on here in awhile, but I was recently talking with some fellow actors and wanted to share some things on here: I don’t like speaking in absolutes very often, but if you’re aspiring, YOU HAVE to read books about this industry. Even if you hate reading. Read books written by actors(yes, most are just them ta…

Reddit

Reddit · 25 Sep 2019

Need a bit of advice

My local playhouse is doing a couple plays and I want to audition for one of them. No, I don't need help picking them, I need help with how the heck I'm gonna ask my parents. I'm currently 16, I've been into acting and theatre since I was 11, and figured out that I want to pursue acting at 14. Of course, I told my pare…

Reddit

Reddit · 25 Sep 2019

How does one learn to watch themselves objectively?

I'm currently in a class for screen acting and I can't count the amount of times I came away from a scene with the feeling that I nailed down all the emotional beats only to watch myself on playback to see that I look awkward as hell and that my eyeballs are all over the place and such. But then, when the students and…

Reddit

Reddit · 25 Sep 2019

Struggling with my (24f) VERY amatuer boyfriend (25m) filming a graphic sex scene

I want to be a good gf and I've never once been controlling or jealous when he hangs out with female friends. He has been in 1 play before. For his band's music video he must film a sex scene. They would make out, A LOT as well as get largely naked and touch each other and simulate sex, probably with a thrusting motion…

Reddit

Reddit · 25 Sep 2019

Student Research Survey for Voice Actors

We are a group of web development students working on our capstone project. Our project is to build a centralized marketplace for voice talent and clients to connect with each other. It is called Voicer. Voicer will equally cater to all users. It will create an easy and helpful option to up-and-coming talent to start o…

Reddit

Reddit · 25 Sep 2019

Social media, how necessary is it?

Hey everyone. I'm in my 3rd year of university so we're focusing on the traits that make us more employable within the film industry. Now, my lecturer doesn't have anything to do with any drama courses so I'm waiting to see a different lecture of mine tomorrow to ask. He's clueless when it comes to acting since he's ne…

Reddit

Reddit · 25 Sep 2019

Should I pursue to get an BFA, or wait and apply for an MFA?

So I´m currently 22 and a college student (studying business/entrepreneurship). I still have like 2 years left of college but I'm honestly just studying to get a degree. This is not my passion, nor do I wish to have my own business or get an MBA, etc. I've always wanted to be an actor, and I was wondering if I should j…

Reddit

Reddit · 25 Sep 2019

Casting services - Worthwhile?

Hey, VA's. While doing some self-marketing the other day with a local agency, they informed me that (for larger projects - regional/national), usually they would gather talent from casting web-services. A couple they used were *actorsaccess* & *castingnetworks*. As a voice actor, would it be wise to invest in one or bo…

Reddit

Reddit · 25 Sep 2019

Is this the right resource?

So a little backstory first. I met a producer who owns his own production company through a family friend. Initially it was to get help entering the industry to become a writer. We’ve got a pretty solid relationship so far in the last couple of months. I’ve been interning for him by doing coverages on scripts. He has r…

Reddit

Reddit · 25 Sep 2019

A naive idea, but I want help anyway.

Hi! So an amazing author I love is finally producing a TV-show based on her books. A role I know I would be perfect for is up for grabs, and coincidentally she’s my favourite character in the whole book series. I want to throw my hat in the ring and try to get myself an audition for the role. But how would I go about i…

Reddit

Reddit · 25 Sep 2019

How do you do demonstrations for unofficial work?

I'm thinking about joining a Skyrim modding project as a voice actor, but I don't know how to do a demonstration, because I've never done this before. What do I say? Is there some kind of format I follow? Thanks for reading this. I appreciate any response.

Reddit

Reddit · 24 Sep 2019

Young actress

I am a young actress who is in early teenage-hood. I am in plays at my middle school and with do plays at my high-school, but I want to move into acting as a career in my adult life. What can I do to prepare myself or even get some experience while still attending school? I also live in a small town so there are very f…

Reddit

Reddit · 24 Sep 2019

Hungry For A Performance

I’m at my wits end. Hoping some of my fellow actors can help with this: I want to continue my training, I took an ongoing scene study class for 4 months but switched to a conservatory due to needing more performing experience versus just watching a scene of someone else’s every class. I know both approaches can be bene…

Reddit

Reddit · 24 Sep 2019

Looking to go professional, any advice?

I'm an actor that has only really done localised shows so the professional aspect of acting is unknown to me, I'm looking for an agent but I have no idea how to even go about doing that, I feel like I'm way in over my head but I'm still holding out hope.

Reddit

Reddit · 24 Sep 2019

Asian actors, how are you doing in the business?

Fellow Asian actor here. I feel like it’s nearly impossible for the average Asian actor in the West to live purely off of acting unless they’re also outsourcing themselves to China/Japan/Korea which entails becoming fluent in that language. And if you’re any type of Asian besides East Asian, the chances are even worse.…

Reddit

Reddit · 24 Sep 2019

Is project casting legit?

I saw on project casting that there were background actor casting calls. I was wondering if the website gives real opportunities.

Reddit

Reddit · 24 Sep 2019

need voice actors

Are you a voice actor?We want some voice overs ,if you'r interested just send me your samples,plus:recently we want an old male's voice to record story ,high quality ,skillful is needed .ps: all based one line Email me : toxiht@gmail.com

Reddit

Reddit · 24 Sep 2019

I know nothing about TV and I'm starting to get involved with it.

So I wasn't sure the most appropriate place to post this. I am actually not an actor but a "expert" in my field of study and I've had a few roles on network TV shows where I provided my expert opinion. A production company has asked me if I'd be interested in exploring an idea for my own show and there's some buzz for…

Reddit

Reddit · 24 Sep 2019

Any advice for someone getting into acting with low confidence and anxiety?

I have spent over a year (actually I think maybe even 2 years) obsessing over acting and doing all my research and finally soon I'm gonna start taking classes. I've struggled with social anxiety and low confidence for years now, and although I'm trying to overcome it, sometimes I wonder if I can really do this. In fact…

Reddit

Reddit · 23 Sep 2019

Anyone have experience using LA Casting or Casting Frontier?

Hi! Aspiring actor based in LA here. I’m already signed up for Backstage and Actors Access, which has been decent in terms of finding roles. Someone recommended I use LA Casting and Casting Frontier as well. However, it’s pretty pricey to have subscriptions to all four. Anyone have any good/bad experiences with these s…

Reddit

Reddit · 23 Sep 2019

10 Things Beginning Actors Maybe Don't Think About

Ever fantasized about becoming an actor or celebrity? It’s attainable, but the many challenges of reality are not usually known until pursuing such a dream. Time spent practicing or rehearsing for a production is not glamorous, the market is highly competitive, relationships can become tense, day job’s are what you mak…