Acting forums, all in one place

19,654 posts from Reddit, Stage 32, the Backstage community and Delphi, newest first. Every title links out to the original thread.

Reddit

Reddit · 11 Oct 2019

Identifying Audiobook Narrators - Six of Crows

Hello, I just finished the audiobook for Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo. I really enjoyed certain voice actors, but I'm having trouble identifying who is who. Can anyone clarify? Inej - Lauren Fortgang Jesper - Brandon Rubin Joost - Tristan Morris Kaz - Jay Snyder Matthias - Fred Berman? David Ledoux? He has a very deep…

Stage 32

Stage 32 · 10 Oct 2019

Actors Pro Expo New York - October 26th

This free admission event for Actors is coming up this month. A bunch of great talks, open castings and 121 career mentoring. Who's going? https://www.actorsproexpo.com/new-york

Reddit

Reddit · 10 Oct 2019

LA commercial acting agent help

hey all, i am just starting out. i just met with an boutique agent that does theatrical and commercial but i submitted for commercial only. (i plan to move onto film/tv later when i get some more experience.) he said that in his agency, they represent about 300 commercial actors split between 2 agents. he said agents d…

Reddit

Reddit · 10 Oct 2019

Headshot-Age Range-Character Type Post - Oct 10

Use this thread to post your headshots for feedback, get info on your age range/type, find good headshot photographers, ask any questions you may have about headshots. If you are posting a DIY headshot for feedback, and not just a snapshot in order to get feedback on your age range/type/etc, it is advised that you do a…

Reddit

Reddit · 10 Oct 2019

Searching For Actors in NYC for Short Film Production ASAP!

I have two popular YouTube channels. [youtube.com/c/carlii](https://youtube.com/c/carlii) [youtube.com/c/carliii](https://youtube.com/c/carliii) Need actors ASAP! Male preferred, two black males, two white males

Reddit

Reddit · 10 Oct 2019

Any actors who have to keep in shape for work wanna share gym tips?

I recently signed up for Planet Fitness so I could tone up a little and look better on camera (I mean, even the nerds on TV are fit as shit now! #swolechidi). I worked with one of the trainers there and talked about my goals with her, and have been working off a a pretty good five-day regimen that's definitely been wor…

Reddit

Reddit · 10 Oct 2019

Just saw that there have been some changes to Inside the Actors Studio

Honestly wasn't even sure if this was still on, but I got an email from the Actors Studio about a new taping with a different host so I googled. The show and its back catalog has moved to Ovation and will premiere in three days (10/13). There's going to be a revolving series of hosts. The email I got was for LaTanya Ri…

Reddit

Reddit · 9 Oct 2019

Power Rangers Audition and Casting Tips

So, with Beast Morphers season 2 out, it probably won't be long before they go on to start casting for the next Power Rangers series (Whatever that might be.) Having said that, one of my biggest dreams as a kid, and even now, is to become a part of the Power Rangers cast, and I really want to make the most of any chanc…

Reddit

Reddit · 9 Oct 2019

Is acting worth it?

I'm 14 (f) and have just started acting, i haven't even taken an acting class yet but i know it's something i want to do. i have a long way to go already because i have an anxiety disorder so even the thougt of signing up for a class makes me really nervous but anyway, was acting worth it for you? i read that over half…

Reddit

Reddit · 9 Oct 2019

Any American, female actors with a green screen able to help?

Hi! I work at a tech start-up based in the UK and we're creating a free demo to showcase interactive VR training modules. The training module teaches financial advisors how to deal with a political crisis and how to handle clients, what to say and how to follow compliance. We're looking for a female to record a short c…

Reddit

Reddit · 9 Oct 2019

Do you ever notice mistakes in your performances after watching them?

I mean how perfect can anyone be? Surely there are some high level actors who recognize mistakes in their performances right? Or maybe something they could’ve done differently? Maybe even cringe at their performances? I’ve never been comfortable seeing myself perform. I am my worst critic. How common is this and how mu…

Reddit

Reddit · 9 Oct 2019

How to Find a Lawyer to Review Management Contract

Hey there, I just got offered a GSA management contract, and I'm looking for an affordable talent/ entertainment lawyer in New York to review it. I'm a part of SAG, and I called multiples times but they don't have any helpful referrals or resources for management contract review. Anyways, does anybody have recommendati…

Reddit

Reddit · 9 Oct 2019

The craft?

Who are your favourite trained actors from 2019's movies/series?

Reddit

Reddit · 8 Oct 2019

Ethics of working at LaGuardia "Fame" High School for the connections?

Hi everyone! ​ I have a friend who works in education as his day job and is also an actor. He is thinking of moving to NYC and applying to teach in performing arts schools such as LaGuardia and the PPAS to teach young people who are passionate about the arts but also potentially make connections himself. We were…

Reddit

Reddit · 8 Oct 2019

Casting Call for Audio Drama

Casting Call-Audio Drama The Show: Russian for Cats (Season 2) available on all platforms, including Apple Podcasts and Spotify Synopsis: A bilingual cat escapes from a secret lab and finds refuge with Brian, a hoarder with a heart of gold. Brian hides the cat from the spies chasing her and she helps him clean up his h…

Reddit

Reddit · 8 Oct 2019

watching riverdale and want a discussion bout the actors

So I’m on season 3 of riverdale and at first I was kinda confused about why they’re not making bold choices. Like the words they say are fucking wild and it looks like the actors aren’t making the most of their words- why aren’t they? Has anyone identified it? Even if the writing is all over the place, wouldn’t the act…

Reddit

Reddit · 8 Oct 2019

Questions from a new BG actor in LA

I just started working background with Central Casting a few months ago, and I have a few questions that I was wondering if other background actors could help me with. Please forgive the fact that these questions are going to show what a completely green BG actor I am. I literally know nothing about this and don't have…

Reddit

Reddit · 8 Oct 2019

Commercial Talent Agency Meeting

Hi everyone! I have an upcoming meeting with a commercial talent agency, which is very exciting! However, I'm also a full-time student at a University. If this information is revealed to the talent agent is there less of a chance of them taking me on as a client? Should I not let them know I'm a full-time student? Are…

Reddit

Reddit · 8 Oct 2019

What’s a developmental actor?

What is a developmental actor? An agency offered me a spot on their roster, but it’s with a junior agent. Is signing with a junior agent good?

Reddit

Reddit · 8 Oct 2019

Chicago Acting

Hello beautiful people! I am doing all of my Acting/improv training in Chicago. Ive been studying for the past year at the Secondcity. I did the acting levels 1,2,3&4 Acting on camera 1 Improv for actors 1,2 &3. I have learned so much. I haven't taken a break from classes. Trying to get into the conservatory. My goal i…

Reddit

Reddit · 8 Oct 2019

Need help “playing” a character

I’m not an actor nor am I planning to pursue a career in acting. I’m just going to New York this winter for networking and fun. While I’m there I want to play a “character”. Be someone other than myself just for fun. How would I get started learning about this. Is there a name for this kind of acting? Also character su…

Reddit

Reddit · 8 Oct 2019

Help with Source Connect

Hello voice actors, I’ve just booked my first directed session that requires source connect. I’ve downloaded the free trial, and believe I have everything set up correctly but I’m unsure how to test the incoming volume and connection. Most of the guides online are for ProTools, but I use Adobe Audition. I am also havin…

Reddit

Reddit · 8 Oct 2019

Pay to play in NYC?

Does anyone have any experience with places like one on one or actors connection? I hate the concept of pay to play but I’d be willing to do it if people have actually found success this way. But it seems to me unless you already have some decent credits it’s kinda a waist of money/time. Would love to hear any thoughts

Reddit

Reddit · 7 Oct 2019

Scare acting health and safety concern help

Hey hey! I don't really know how Reddit works so apologies in advance if I'm doing anything wrong by asking here... I'm more of a lurker than a poster >.< &#x200B; I was hoping someone might be able to give me some advice/insight regarding a health and safety concern at the scare attraction I've just started working at…

Reddit

Reddit · 7 Oct 2019

First major breakthrough!

So I've been doing acting for the past three years - took my first on-camera class in 2016 and since that class was more focused on camera technique, I told myself I wanted to learn how to act before I start to audition seriously and therefore enrolled in my local university's theatre studies track. So I've finally got…

Reddit

Reddit · 7 Oct 2019

Additional Demo Practice (Follow-Up to My Last One)

Hey y'all, I just wanted some tips on this latest demo. I've posted here before and the responses were incredibly helpful. I took the feedback to heart and changed up a couple things on how I did this one. This process has helped me learn things about myself as an actor that I had inklings about before, but now are bec…

Reddit

Reddit · 7 Oct 2019

Do I Need A Natural Talent?

I have no experience or training in voice acting, I don't get comments on how great my voice is, and I'm literally just a teenager. That said, I think that voice acting is a career that I would love every aspect of. I can practice and all that, but something I've heard is that you need a natural talent. Is this true? O…

Reddit

Reddit · 7 Oct 2019

Victorian College of the Arts (VCA) Acting Studio Company?

Hi, I'm based in Melbourne and looking into whether I should join the 2020 Acting Studio Company. I was wondering if anybody has had any personal experience with this, or heard about it? Otherwise, I'd welcome any advice on whether this 'short course' would be worth it, compared to 16th Street and other options in Melb…

Reddit

Reddit · 7 Oct 2019

Is taking BA acting for university important?

I'm a 19 yr old guy who's only been in one play in my entire senior year but who has ambitions of being an actor for film and TV. I've been looking into taking an acting course in Norway as it seems it's one of the few available Bachelor programs. My family tells me to pick some other course other than acting so I've b…

Reddit

Reddit · 7 Oct 2019

Are most actors wage slaves ?

I've heard that more than half of all the actors have another job than acting to pay the bills, and that most actors act for a very low salary, sometimes even for nothing. So basically most actors pay the bills thanks to their side job. I'm considering to try an acting career, but I want to be prepared, that's why I'm…

Reddit

Reddit · 7 Oct 2019

UK actors wanted for Skulduggery Pleasant short film - the button

Hi people or r/acting I have recently begun casting for a short film on Starnow and wanted to get the word out. Here is the listing: [https://www.starnow.co.uk/listings/ListingDetail.aspx?l\_id=1035642](https://www.starnow.co.uk/listings/ListingDetail.aspx?l_id=1035642) The production is Birmingham based and as it is a…

Reddit

Reddit · 7 Oct 2019

Wanted to share some info on proper acoustic treatment and recording setups

Hi everyone! My name is Erik Peabody, and I'm a voice actor and audio engineer based in Pittsburgh, PA. I see a lot of posts here about setting up recording areas and how to get a better sound from your recordings, and wanted to chime in to offer some advice. I spend a LOT of my time mixing audio for clients that have…

Reddit

Reddit · 6 Oct 2019

Help me out here!

I wanna be an actor, I’m studying acting and practicing, and I honestly think I have a chance. I dunno if I’m pretty enough though. I’m 5’3 122 pounds, flat (ish) stomach and big thighs. I have black wavy hair and tan skin. I have some tiny scars on my face but they aren’t that noticeable with makeup on. I have big lip…

Reddit

Reddit · 6 Oct 2019

Acting

As a growing actor, how do I memorise my lines effectively in order for me not to forget any of them?

Reddit

Reddit · 6 Oct 2019

Advanced question for the experts out there, regarding being verbatim with lines.

I understand in well established plays in theater and Shakespeare you want to be 100% verbatim, but at what point in a film and tv can you just chuck out the idea of being word for word and just naturally let the character shine by making the lines your own and not placing them so neatly in order as it was written? I’v…

Reddit

Reddit · 6 Oct 2019

When to follow up with representation?

This past Wednesday I had a stellar “audition” aka pay to play meet with a manager. Performance went smooth, which they enjoyed but the conversation following is really what me feel we’re a perfect match. We spoke about everything under the sun acting related, they even called me a “star” (no I’m not letting it get to…

Reddit

Reddit · 6 Oct 2019

What happens if I don't submit a requested self-tape on actors access??

I really really really dislike the project and the script, and trust me I know that I should take any given opportunity but I just know I'm not the right person for this part, and wouldn't be serving the story. It's from a fairly small casting director and director that haven't really seen me, so I don't think there's…

Reddit

Reddit · 6 Oct 2019

Technique to get you cast in more roles

I have created a custom technique to help you raise your IMDB score which, regardless of what anyone else tells you, is extremely important in landing roles. Many people in the industry (actors, directors, producers) will confirm this. If you are an aspiring actor, reach out to me and we can set up a completely free co…

Backstage

Backstage · 5 Oct 2019

Actor's Fast Track

Has anyone used the Actor's Fast Track service? Curious about their various plans, what I'd be getting for my money, what anyone's thoughts are on Valerie, etc. Thanks!

Reddit

Reddit · 5 Oct 2019

Reading people

Hey guys, so I’m very very new to acting, like I’ve never taking a class or been in any plays but I’m at the stage where I like to analyse acting in film and identify what good actors are doing and what bad actors are doing. Anyways I work in a kiosk where I serve like 5 people an hour so I have a lot of time to analys…

Reddit

Reddit · 5 Oct 2019

Ghetto Recording Booth

Hi all, Not a voice actor here, just a dad looking to do something nice for his daughter. Story time is our thing but I’ve started working away from home more than I would like to so haven’t been able to hold up my end of the bargain. Sooo I’ve decided to record some stories. I have a mic that isn’t designed for this p…

Reddit

Reddit · 5 Oct 2019

"Too crazy" for acting hair colors?

Do you think that a very cool toned, wine-ish red hair color like [this](https://www.styleinterest.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/49150218-red-hair-with-highlights-.jpg) one or [this](https://cdn.westkiss.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/9/9/99j-stw-3pcs_5_.jpg) one is "too much"…

Reddit

Reddit · 4 Oct 2019

Acting-life balance

I recently started studying acting full time at Vancouver Film School and somewhat have struggled with striking a good balance between personal life and actor training. I am very happy being 100% immersed in the craft but I can see how it may be unhealthy in the long run. Any advice?

Reddit

Reddit · 4 Oct 2019

Audition with no sides given, but needed to improv?

I’m pretty decent with improv. I had classes and everything, and do improv shows. I was like, “ I can do this” I auditioned for a TV show, but they brought in 4 actors at a time, and they wanted us to improv some scenes. This girl did scenes with the others, while I observed. Then it was my turn to improv with her. I c…

Reddit

Reddit · 4 Oct 2019

Had my first play last week, need a bit of help.

Title pretty much. Had my first stage play last week and I loved it! Bit of background: I’m a 20 year old male from Belgium. I’m a Communication student and don’t have an immense amount of time. I got into acting one year ago, when I joined an amateur theatre group. I never acted before and was supposed to play a small…