Acting forums, all in one place

19,658 posts from Reddit, Stage 32, the Backstage community and Delphi, newest first. Every title links out to the original thread.

Reddit

Reddit · 10 Feb 2020

Anyone using ocenaudio?

Hey peeps! I'm writing an article for my blog on all the free software downloads available for voice actors. During my research, I stumbled across something called "[ocenaudio](http://www.ocenaudio.com/whatis)". And it looks pretty sweet. There's no support for multiple tracks which means it's a bit easier to use than…

Reddit

Reddit · 10 Feb 2020

Shia LaBeouf for best actor

On the red carpet last night I repped Honeyboy and Shia for best actor and best picture in every interview. Not a single person from press corrected me and several even said thats who they are hoping for too. Amazing.

Reddit

Reddit · 10 Feb 2020

NY Vs. LA.

Being an actor, I take the craft and the business VERY seriously. I have schooling, experience, talent (At least I think I do). I have outgrown my current city (Pittsburgh) and am saving up to move. I have studied method acting, and take the craft very seriously. Some of my biggest inspirations like De Niro, Pacino, Dr…

Reddit

Reddit · 10 Feb 2020

What's the practicality of acting with a criminal record?

Straight to the point, I have a misdemeanor for battery from an idiotic drunken fight I got into years ago. It's a bit complicated but I wasn't convicted (I'm not sure that really matters, though). EDIT: Just clarifying that I wasn't acquitted. I was discharged after admitting guilt. I was wondering, how much can somet…

Reddit

Reddit · 10 Feb 2020

I killed my audition (literally. It's dead)

I'm an actor that just recently moved to New York. I had an audition today, and my first song went beautifully. I got head nods and everything. I did my second cut, and I basically threw it in the gutter. My high belt just wasn't there and I choked on what is usually a money note for me. I actually choked on it and mad…

Reddit

Reddit · 10 Feb 2020

Actors Access without an agent, is it worth it?

I recently got an Actors Access account. I’ve had it for a few weeks now and so far I’ve submitted myself to every single role match that popped up on there but I’ve received zero responses. I’m not surprised I haven’t heard back about roles for major productions because I’m relatively new to the industry and I don’t h…

Reddit

Reddit · 10 Feb 2020

I’m willing to do any voice over job for free.

I’m a first time voice actor and I rather just stretch my legs and see what jobs I can do for free. I’m able to do a younger voice 17-19 or early 20s but can experiment with other tones. If anyone here needs a job, I can do it for free. Once again thanks for the assistance and if you guys know any place where I can get…

Reddit

Reddit · 9 Feb 2020

Looking for actress/model in orange country for fashion film

I am a professional Cinematographer, I shoot commercials (and now features) for a living. I am looking to produce a little fashion film (for no brand in particular) just looking for an actress/model who is looking for an amazing looking piece for her reel. The idea is simple, hike with an old school backpacking pack, a…

Reddit

Reddit · 9 Feb 2020

How do i network?

So i want to start networking. I want to start making music and be an entertainer/actor. But i dont know who to turn to or which path i want to venture off to first. I like singing, dancing, and acting. (And maybe alittle bit of modeling). How do i find people to hire me for my passions and aspirations?

Reddit

Reddit · 9 Feb 2020

Do I have to look like a model?

I want to be a successful actress but am worried about my plan. My plan was to move to LA. For more than just acting I want to have a hand in any aspect of art for a job and I like the culture. I am wondering how much of someone’s looks and age plays into getting parts. I have been to acting school and a few conference…

Reddit

Reddit · 9 Feb 2020

What do the bigshots know that we don’t?

Stars on SNL, on Netflix, in the movies- what do the hotshots know about acting? What do you see from them in their work that you don’t commonly see in regular actors? Curious what you think!!

Reddit

Reddit · 9 Feb 2020

How to get a scholarship/is it possible?

Hello, I really want to study acting (preferably musical theatre) abroad, my family isn't very rich but my mom agreed as long as I get a scholarship. My situation: I'm a trans guy from Poland, currently 16 years old (so I still have at least 2 years to prepare myself). My grades are very good, I have no problem with le…

Reddit

Reddit · 9 Feb 2020

VA Csting Call for my webseries "Sleepover"

**Ok first off,** *"Sleepover" is a series that I've been posting on my Instagram in order to have an ongoing story for my followers to read.* Originally, they were a string of still comics which sort of made the story move a bit slow. So, then I transferred over to video with a comic like feel to it. But, now I want t…

Reddit

Reddit · 8 Feb 2020

An agreement form of some sort for actors to give to directors/producer?

Is there such thing as a form to give the director or production that basically says as the actor I have the right to not perform in said thing if it makes me uncomfortable (types of kissing / nudity ) & that I will need to receive the completed film or my scenes no more than a year for the film date. I’m tired of not…

Reddit

Reddit · 8 Feb 2020

How to practice raising your voice?

Hey folks, so I'm not a voice actor per-se, I mostly just do voices for running roleplaying games, but I was curious if anyone had tips for practising roaring, shouting, and screaming? (mostly for voicing dramatic moments / monsters, not to yell at my players haha) I'm a very quiet person and instinctively whisper-shou…

Reddit

Reddit · 8 Feb 2020

From lawyer to actress...possible?

Hi everyone! I recently moved to NYC, and I realized during my unemployment phase that I HATE being a lawyer. I room with someone in film who also does improv on the side, and I see how the arts relieves her worries away. I have always been interested in the arts. Luckily, I was blessed with Asian parents who put me th…

Reddit

Reddit · 8 Feb 2020

Gossip Girl Auditions

Hiya, This is super cheeky but I figured it was the best place to ask cos y'all are actors. I was wondering if anyone has read for the HBO Gossip Girl reboot yet? And if so, please could you divulge anything you know about the show/story.

Reddit

Reddit · 8 Feb 2020

Actors who moved to L.A. for work, how did you get settled there?

Meaning, did you find roomates ahead of time, did you stay with family, what areas did you look into (The Valley, Silver Lake, Burbank)? Basically, I can never really find any good advice on the actual logistics behind moving to L.A. from somewhere else (New York, Chicago, Houston, etc.). I just want to know what the s…

Reddit

Reddit · 8 Feb 2020

My CV - 'David Attenborough' and other demos

[https://soundcloud.com/user-819325786/sets/voice-demos](https://soundcloud.com/user-819325786/sets/voice-demos) Hi there. My name's Daniel. I'm a trained actor from Cape Town, South Africa. I've been acting since 1999, voice acting since 2007. Here are a few demos for your consideration. Feedback, comments, all welcom…

Reddit

Reddit · 8 Feb 2020

need people to interview

Is there any actors that I could ask a couple questions about stage fright please dm :)

Reddit

Reddit · 7 Feb 2020

Ben Nye help

Hi guys! So I’m a perfect match for MAC NC35, a neutral cool light medium with golden undertones. I need to buy a Ben Nye creme foundation and I vaguely remember the last time I used it I was an almost perfect match for a “medium” shade but I can’t seem to remember, and I’m on the website now and there are so many damn…

Reddit

Reddit · 7 Feb 2020

Actors For Feature Film

Award winning Producer/Director looking for both Actor/Actress ages 25-35 for a feature film shot in North Jersey. 2 day shoot. Minimum locations. Will pay, let's discuss. NON\_UNION

Reddit

Reddit · 7 Feb 2020

What made you decide to be a voice actor & what was your first job as one?

Just curious what made you decide to become Voice actor/actress? What did you find most difficult about jumping in? (Equipment/Mic/acoustic sound proof walls?) What was your first big opportunity and how long did it take you to get there? Is the future of VA expanding with all the audio book stuff, I think I saw one la…

Reddit

Reddit · 7 Feb 2020

Female roles and nudity rant

I'm a young (early 20s) actress getting started in acting with indie film. Don't get me wrong, I'm finding good projects and booking things, I'm just really frustrated because it feels like > 50% of the roles I qualify for involve some kind of nudity, full or at least topless. I'll so often read a project plot summary…

Reddit

Reddit · 7 Feb 2020

How much am I hurting myself pursuing TV/Film in NYC instead of LA?

Hi, I had plans to move to LA, but I’m thinking that I’d rather be in NYC. Part of it is to be closer to my parents who are getting older and having more health problems. Also, I just think NYC is more my vibe and driving in big cities (like I’ll have to do in LA) gives me INSANE anxiety. I like theater and will do the…

Reddit

Reddit · 7 Feb 2020

Nonunion Commercial Daily Rates

I'm a non union actress primarily working in theatre. I have recently branched out to commercials and recently booked a union job through a casting agency. For most of my film jobs thus far I've booked through agencies or with well known companies, so the rates were good/standard and I didn't question them. Today, I wa…

Reddit

Reddit · 6 Feb 2020

Headshot-Age Range-Character Type Post - Feb 6

Use this thread to post your headshots for feedback, get info on your age range/type, find good headshot photographers, ask any questions you may have about headshots. If you are posting a DIY headshot for feedback, and not just a snapshot in order to get feedback on your age range/type/etc, it is advised that you do a…

Reddit

Reddit · 6 Feb 2020

Trying to Find Fellow Doctors turned Actors

Hi. I'm a very young dentist, who recently decided to completely change professions. I moved out to Hollywood and I am trying to pursue my dreams of acting. I always wanted to try acting, but never had the opportunity to take any drama or theater classes since I had to spend all my time focusing on medical-related cour…

Reddit

Reddit · 6 Feb 2020

Actor comfortable with ‘on demand’ live stream [Paid]

Hey Actors looking for an actor or just a person aged 18-25(not hard requirement), male/female You are: Fun, outgoing, entertaining and talkative and can ‘perform’ in unpredictable environment. Open certain degree of risk. Very likeable. Have any experience with live streaming, vlogging or at least have general knowled…

Reddit

Reddit · 6 Feb 2020

Having to give up your personal life/identity when working for Disney Channel

I don't mean to exaggerate but I feel that even B movie actors have more freedom and integrity. You see, the biggest tradeoff is your identity. If you're going to work for Disney, **you better be all about Disney.** Like you need to be your character and fit into Disney Culture. Im particularly talking about Disney Cha…

Reddit

Reddit · 6 Feb 2020

Character shots

Actors and Actresses , Can you send over some character shot examples . That'd help so much. Thank you.

Reddit

Reddit · 6 Feb 2020

Actors that are also Youtubers.

Hi everyone, I love watching youtube, and I thought I'd give a good suggestion to you guys if anyone is looking for actors that post content on youtube, about acting. I recommend Katherine Steele, Audrey Hope, Asia Jackson, Daniella Perkins, Lizzie Greene, and Sadie Stanley. If you guys know of anyone else, please comm…

Reddit

Reddit · 6 Feb 2020

DON’T DO NOTHING!

No, I’m not mistakenly using a double negative in the title above. It’s just that I recently happened upon a video on YouTube made by an ex-casting director who now teaches actors. She said something that made me shudder. She was telling actors to go in there and be brave enough to “Do Nothing”. These must be the words…

Reddit

Reddit · 6 Feb 2020

Acting techniques - help needed please!

Hi all, I'm very, very new to the discipline of acting and I thought a good place to start would be to Google the techniques that some of my favourite actors use - however, as I'm sure everyone else here appreciates much more than me, outside of strictly method actors no one really seems to mention the school of practi…

Reddit

Reddit · 6 Feb 2020

Should I go to college or focus completely on acting?

Hello everyone. I would just like a discussion over college and acting. I'm sixteen years old and I want to be an actress. I want to be able to support myself with my work and pursue other projects (short films, stand up, etc.) I have always loved performing and I've been doing plays and musicals since I was ten, and m…

Reddit

Reddit · 5 Feb 2020

New and Vibrant Co-Living Community Designed for Film Professionals

​ A vibrant and cozy co-living community for young professionals in film industry, the best place for you to connect! Located in the heart of East Hollywood. Knock neighbor's door to meet director, producer, actor, screenwriter, sound designer or anyone in the industry. Brand new built with minimalism style, des…

Reddit

Reddit · 5 Feb 2020

Looking for an Acting Mentor

I am a 20-year-old actress who resides in Massachusetts. From as early as the age of 6 I knew acting was what I wanted to do as a profession. I am currently in college and I am getting as much experience as I can but college can really be a boundary when it comes to acting, especially if it has nothing to do with your…

Reddit

Reddit · 5 Feb 2020

Recommendations for where to go to hone my craft and get a degree

I’m currently 19, attending a university in the Midwest on theater scholarship, but I’m looking for more. I am going to do everything in my power to be a screen actor once I get my degree, but I want to be challenged in every way possible in my training and education, and I just don’t feel like I’m getting it where I c…

Reddit

Reddit · 5 Feb 2020

What do you wish you'd known when you started?

Hey everyone, I'm a voice actor just getting started, and I'm hoping to make this my career. I'm curious to ask anyone who's working regularly what you wish you'd known before you started? Maybe places to find work, how to practise effectively, bad habits you could've avoided, anything really. Thanks!

Reddit

Reddit · 5 Feb 2020

My big break isn’t happening

Hi y’all. I’m an actor living in Los Angeles, been here for 4 years. I’ve been to acting school, all the classes, all the improv. Last year I FINALLY booked my first SAG feature, and I was so excited to get my Taft Hartley and start going out for bigger projects. Well, today I’ve been told that my character was written…