Reddit · 5 Oct 2018
Actors Access
So I just set up my account, put some info about myself and one of my headshots, I’m not really sure where do I go from here? Also has people had any success with it? Is it worth it? Thanks!
19,648 posts from Reddit, Stage 32, the Backstage community and Delphi, newest first. Every title links out to the original thread.
Reddit · 5 Oct 2018
So I just set up my account, put some info about myself and one of my headshots, I’m not really sure where do I go from here? Also has people had any success with it? Is it worth it? Thanks!
Reddit · 5 Oct 2018
I'm still in school so I don't have to worry about this quite yet but I want to be ready when the time comes. How are you guys able to work a day job and make it to auditions at the same time? Do you leave work whenever you have an audition or work a job with weird hours or what?
Backstage · 4 Oct 2018
Hi all, I am wondering what casting directors opinion of an actor auditioning with sides in hand versus without. I have received sides last minute with no way of memorizing my lines for the audition. Unfortunately I use readers (glasses for reading only) so I feel it makes me look...
Reddit · 4 Oct 2018
Hey there. I'm pretty experienced with legit theatre and tv/film, but I don't know much about getting commercial work. I'm non union and ive heard there's a lot of NU commercial work to be had. Do I need a commercial agent to get these jobs? I've seen a few posted on Actors Access, is that the best submissions site to…
Reddit · 4 Oct 2018
Should I give it a try? I find acting fun in front of close friends, and I think I understand part of it. To me, the art is truly believing that you are what you act as. Not just acting, feeling, and in a way becoming the act. Again, should I give it a try? Any tips on acting? Edit: I’m not good with accents, by the wa…
Reddit · 4 Oct 2018
Is everything done via self tape? Or do they only use self tapes first then eventually call you for in person audition? I would imagine you woukd be auditining a lot from self tapes but get called in only if you getv picked from the hundreds of tapes
Reddit · 4 Oct 2018
Idk. I had aa response from an agent who I submitted to. They are not a high end agent but they do rep working actors. They said "hi xxx sure we can meet up". No date was scheduled so I responded with a date to meet. They said they "couldnt that date but will schedule s o something soon." The responses first of all wer…
Reddit · 4 Oct 2018
Use this thread to post your headshots for feedback, get info on your age range/type, find good headshot photographers, ask any questions you may have about headshots. If you are posting a DIY headshot for feedback, and not just a snapshot in order to get feedback on your age range/type/etc, it is advised that you do a…
Reddit · 4 Oct 2018
I'm a screenwriter by trade who has done freelance digital media design on-and-off for years but now I'm trying to develop a real portfolio for it. Most of my work has been for friends/peers in the film industry. I'm turning to r/filmmakers to offer my assistance in helping you design/develop your website or polish/red…
Reddit · 4 Oct 2018
I feel that accessing some emotions that I have no business feeling right now makes me a little bit crazy. I feel that it's hard for me to act neutral when I feel emotional (down or just happy) it just pours over the edge. Are there any exercises that help you to train your emotional intelligence?
Reddit · 4 Oct 2018
I'm at the point in my acting career where I feel confident to start getting work beyond self submitting on actors access. (just finished my conservatory training, improv training, have good headshots). I'm as qualified as any to at start getting commercial work and I'm currently looking for commercial representation,…
Reddit · 4 Oct 2018
What are some exercises you could do alone to improve as an actor. The same way a pianist practices his scales or dancers practice their movement. What’s something actors could do to practice everyday. (Imagination, sensory, body?)
Reddit · 4 Oct 2018
I worked on my first show yesterday- it was just a supporting and a few of my lines were cut due to the awkward blocking it caused. The whole time I was there I felt like I wasn’t supposed to be there. I felt like I was somehow there by mistake and once they called action, they’d figure me out and send me home. I never…
Reddit · 4 Oct 2018
When did you decide that you could support yourself by acting and quit your survival job to focus on auditions?
Backstage · 3 Oct 2018
This week on the first place in the ranking of actors Sonoya Mizuno . Over the past week, it has skyrocketed in the rating by 75 steps. Suddenly.. And she got up due to her filmography in particular her last film “Ex Machina ” (2014) This week on the first...
Reddit · 3 Oct 2018
I fell in love with acting in highschool, but didn't want to fall into the starving actor stereotype. 6 years later I started acting again in college and went on to be in a community theatre production. I graduated from college and I'm working full time using my degree, but acting is what I love. I want to do it all: s…
Reddit · 3 Oct 2018
Hey guys, I'm in a bit of a dilemma here, I'm predominantly a film/tv actor but recently I've been working with Audible on a couple of radio dramas but I'm not sure what to do with the credits. Do I put them in a section of their own on my CV? So, I have "Film", "TV", "Theatre", and "Radio"? Because it isn't voiceover…
Reddit · 3 Oct 2018
I have an audition tomorrow! It was last minute so I had to talk to my manager about leaving two hours early. She said that they'll get me out of there at the time I need to be, but also said 'see if your coworker can come in early', kind of like an afterthought. I have every intention of leaving at the time I need to…
Reddit · 2 Oct 2018
I'm in my final year of high school. Used to do Stagecraft, but my friends joined me to do theatre. I found a character I really liked (not a lead) and practiced for hours to get it just right, to the point where I was ome of the only actors that didn't use a script during the audition. Then I don't get called back. I…
Reddit · 2 Oct 2018
I currently do work in the industry...just not as an actor. It's occurred to me lately that I have chosen safety/security in my well-paying job but am left feeling empty inside every day standing in the shadows of what it is I first moved to LA for over a decade ago. I am in SAG still but have zero credits in the last…
Reddit · 2 Oct 2018
An actor friend of mine has been doing web and video work for his day job for years and he's looking for new clients. Good dude, check out his stuff and reach out to him if you're interested. http://ammvisuals.com/
Reddit · 2 Oct 2018
So I took a 3 year break from acting, and in these last 8 months, I lost about 40 pounds. I just recently started to pursue acting again about 4 weeks ago. I'm submitting for roles on Actors Access. I know they say to have a reel on there, because it bumps you towards the top of submissions. So I have a reel, but I'm 4…
Reddit · 2 Oct 2018
I'm considering Minc Talent for across the board representation. Has anyone heard of them or have any experience with them, good or bad? They seem to have a lot of raving Yelp reviews, but I see that a lot of their actors on IMDB don't have any "WOW" credits. Thanks
Reddit · 2 Oct 2018
My actor friend posted stories/posts like "thank you Universe for this role I'm about to book" and thinks bc one of the producers "liked" it and "saw" the Instagram story after the audition that it helped them get booked. This friend is insisting I get on social media for the reason that I am limiting my opportunities…
Reddit · 2 Oct 2018
I am to do a video audition tape for admission into TFS. I was a child actor in India and recently getting back to my roots. Any suggestions help. For the audition I am planning to do the hospital monologue of The Joker played by Heath Ledger, talking to Harvey Dent aka Two face after his face gets burnt.
Reddit · 2 Oct 2018
Hi there, I'm about to drop my manager. After speaking with a lot of my friends who are doing well in the industry, they agree that this manager is just not good or doing anything for me. How did you all get your talent agents? I have a great commercial agent, but feel like I don't know how to break in theatrically wit…
Stage 32 · 1 Oct 2018
Hey guys, I am currently focusing on building my reel and perfecting my craft. For all the no-budget and film students out there please keep me in mind for all your projects, experiments and films. You're shooting a no budget film, I want to be on set and immerse myself into your story, Lets get together and help each…
Reddit · 1 Oct 2018
I'm trying to cut down my reel to under 2 minutes and all of my best scenes (in my opinion) are in only 2 projects that i've done. Will this be ok? Does it not matter so long as the reel showcases my best work and my marketability as an actor? Thanks in advance !!
Reddit · 1 Oct 2018
Hello, So I just got a break with a great role in a Hulu show that aired a few weeks ago. My IMBD is getting some good traction, which is great (!) but IMBD is listing my old production crew credits as well, which I’ve heard doesn’t look great if I am trying to get represention. The page actually prioritizes my product…
Reddit · 1 Oct 2018
Hello!!! I just landed my first role ever in a student film for a university close by!!! I have auditioning so much and have finally landed a role. I feel so overwhelmed and excited! I landed the lead role and I never would have pictured myself getting this part!!! Can anyone give me any tips? And where to go from here…
Reddit · 1 Oct 2018
I guess this is sort of a rambly post but I really wanted to reach out and talk to other people about this. I want to get into acting and I have ptosis (drooping of the eyelid) on my left eye. The actress Melissa Joan Hart (Sabrina the Teenage Witch) also has this condition and my eye looks pretty similar to hers (I wa…
Reddit · 1 Oct 2018
I go to school for theatre and we all were assigned a person in the industry to interview. I'm interviewing a talent agent in Florida (because I want to be a television actor and I'm moving to Florida for a couple years). I want to ask the right questions. I have a bunch, but I don't want to miss out on really good que…
Reddit · 1 Oct 2018
I just want to post this here as a reminder. When working on a project, make sure what you post on social media is appropriate and approved. What do I mean? I work at a major studio. We tell people, listen, don't post spoilers or anything that is not authorized by production. That means your props, your script, your ma…
Reddit · 1 Oct 2018
What is the minimum an actor who is not union yet expect to be paid for a 2 day (12 hour / day) shoot? I'm currently be offered a $1000 flat fee / buyout (no residuals) for a 13wk nation/regional broadcast usage for social media/internet + 1 year exclusivity through 2/20. I'll be in group of 3-4 people for the commerci…
Reddit · 30 Sep 2018
Hi i'm doing a discursive essay on if there are too many actors. And I was wanting some help! what are your experiences with this topic e.g have you had roles turned down because of numbers, had to turn someone down because of numbers or the opposite! Your help would be greatly appreciated.
Reddit · 30 Sep 2018
Im currently enrolled in the film program at Broward college, Central campus and my first assignment is a short 2 minute film involving an addict who is stalked by a figure that enables and feeds off his addiction. if youre interested please let me know and I cans end you the script to look over. I can also negotiate p…
Reddit · 30 Sep 2018
Hi everyone, I’m fairly new here but I have been happily casted as Macduff/Duncan in my schools performance of Macbeth and I was curious if anyone could give me any tips for a convincing performance. Also- this is my very burst performance so I have little to no experience
Reddit · 30 Sep 2018
Has it been known to affect getting roles?
Reddit · 29 Sep 2018
Which activities/exercises (according to you) are a 'must do' for any Actor on regular basis as part of their preparation to hone their skill?
Reddit · 29 Sep 2018
Just a thought that I had
Reddit · 29 Sep 2018
I really need 2 actors for a short shoot from 8 am - 12pm it is a silent 2 minute film about a drug addict who is stalked by a figure who tempts and feeds off his addiction. please lmk if you're interested Im willing to negotiate payment and once its done Im more than happy to send it to you for your own portfolio
Reddit · 29 Sep 2018
I'm a freshman with a dream in becoming an actress. I take a drama class at the local theatre, and I watch movies and read some Shakespeare to try and improve my acting skills. But does anyone else have anymore advice? I would really appreciate it, thanks :)
Reddit · 29 Sep 2018
Luckily there are still a few places to meet tv CD's. My purpose for these are to start building relationships so I can use that as leverage when I meet with prospective agents and managers.... and show them that I am actively networking/hustling on my own making it easier for them to pitch me. ​ However, how li…
Reddit · 29 Sep 2018
So I’m a junior in high school and I’ve always done tech for our school shows (never anything but). For our fall play, we’re doing Lost in Yonkers, and the boy playing the lead (Jay) just transferred schools. His understudy was a freshman who had never acted before, does not have a good memory for lines, and with openi…
Backstage · 28 Sep 2018
I recently started doing background work and have been extremely fortunate so far: during two of the three TV productions I've been involved with, the directors pulled me aside and asked if I was comfortable with some on-camera speaking. Of course I jumped at both opportunities! One was for a...
Reddit · 28 Sep 2018
Any positive review of this place is fake. They are notorious for stealing your money once they get access to your credit card. They advertise classes and then cancel them last minute without any notification and refuse to give your money back. I filed a complaint with the BBB and contested the charge on my credit card…
Reddit · 28 Sep 2018
I believe that talent is of huge importance but knowing how to market yourself as an actor is as important and sometimes, possibly even more. So many talented people in the world that no one will ever know about. Getting the skills is one thing but how are you planning on letting the world know what you can do? Video l…
Reddit · 28 Sep 2018
As the aforementioned title suggests... When inbetween roles, what should someone be doing on a daily basis? What routine would you recommend? How long should someone dedicate themselves to these tasks (in hours - minimum)?
Reddit · 28 Sep 2018
I just started this yesterday, got it from my library. It's been recommended a million times and I'm finally getting around to it. It's written for people interested in directing film and TV, but as I understand it it's a valuable perspective for actors as well. So, if you're interested, grab a copy and read along with…
Reddit · 28 Sep 2018
Short little video I uploaded on my YouTube channel talking about strategies actors and models may use to promote themselves in the industry! Hopefully one of these tips help someone! If you enjoyed please subscribe✌