Acting forums, all in one place

19,644 posts from Reddit, Stage 32, the Backstage community and Delphi, newest first. Every title links out to the original thread.

Reddit

Reddit · 25 May 2015

[FanDub] Digimon Adventure: Our War Game!

Digimon Adventure: Our War Game! Please audition at Casting Call Club http://castingcall.club/projects/digimon-adventure-our-war-game?ref=93EE13F OR at Behind The Voice Actor: http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/members/FET-Kun/casting-call/Digimon-Adventure-Our-War-Game/ *Deadline:* May 31 11:59 PM *Category:* Fandub…

Reddit

Reddit · 30 Apr 2015

Looking for talents for a animation teaser for a game.

Hi all! I am creating an introduction cartoon for a [game I'm currently developing](http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=50444.0) and was looking for both actors and actresses. You can find all the important info at the [Voice Acting Alliance](http://voiceactingalliance.com/board/showthread.php?9…

Reddit

Reddit · 22 Mar 2015

Looking for Female Voice Actor for WoW Machinima Series (Unpaid)

I am currently looking for a female voice actress for the role of a e-sportscaster for one episode (four lines). This character should be excited to see the fight in the episode unravel. Please send me a downloadable soundcloud link/dropbox link of the recorded lines. Thank you! MARIN: That’s right, Keith! It won’t be…

Reddit

Reddit · 7 Mar 2015

Need Female Voice Actors!

Bubbline Yuri Audio Drama: That Night Please audition at Casting Call Club http://castingcall.club/projects/bubbline-yuri-audio-drama-that-night?ref= *Deadline:* Apr 14 12:00 AM *Category:* Presentation THIS PROJECT HAS HARDCORE YURI AND LGBT STUFF! IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM, THEN LEAVE!Hey everyone! Otaku Princess here. I…

Reddit

Reddit · 4 Mar 2015

Actor's Websites

Hello fellow actors! I am a recent grad looking to get some insight on actor's websites. I have been reading articles about how important it is for an actor to have a personal website to showcase all of their work. After reading this I wanted to find out whether there was a demand at all for actors to get custom made,…

Reddit

Reddit · 1 Mar 2015

Looking for a Voice Actor/Actress for a short school project.

I have a script written thats just about 250 words. The video highlights Heritage Square in Phoenix, Arizona which is a 4 acre park cut out of downtown that is composed of several residential buildings from the late 1800's and early 1900's. Please let me know if you're interested!

Reddit

Reddit · 16 Dec 2014

New Acting Website Filled With Resources

So I've launched a new website for actors, directors, and producers. It's mainly a collection of interviews and articles. However, since I'm the writer I can easily become blind-sighted to what people actually want to read about. So check it out and leave me some feedback. http://www.actingaustralia.com.au

Reddit

Reddit · 23 Oct 2014

Some are actors, but they're not acting.

There's been a lot of debate concerning the authenticity of the people on this show. Much jnformtion has come forward about how many of the Utopians have acting experience, and therefore the show must be scripted. I auditioned for this show. I was flown to LA in June for callbacks and spent a week being interviewed and…

Reddit

Reddit · 23 Oct 2014

Trying to get into voice acting.

I just started auditioning for voice acting work on Behind the Voice Actor's website last June. I have had limited success and thought I'd create a short demo reel (with possibly more to come in the future after some more practice) to showcase some of my personal favorite auditions so far. I wanted to post it here to g…

Reddit

Reddit · 17 Oct 2014

Looking for a voice actor for DJ project I am doing... [European/Female]

I am looking for a female voice actress for a DJ podcast and possibly radio mixing for live friday and saturday night sets. I have a script for lines to read and willing to compensate if its what I am looking for. Voice should sound energetic and attractive. Podcast/DJ Intro Script: ----Generic Tag lines 1. You are tun…

Reddit

Reddit · 29 Aug 2014

Anybody on ACX looking for a job?

Greetings every one, I'm currently looking for a voice actor/actress for the audiobook version of my post apocalyptic series. There are a variety of character voices required with different accents, as well as a wide range of emotions necessary for the narration. I've been perusing Acx.com for auditions but I feel like…

Reddit

Reddit · 19 Aug 2014

Why do we hate GoDaddy?

Most of the projects I've been working on as a web developer have been low-traffic things like actor websites, or stuff that will be uploaded to different servers that I just need to test. But what's wrong with GoDaddy? They've fulfilled my needs pretty much perfectly and their customer support I think is top-tier, but…

Reddit

Reddit · 15 Aug 2014

[Table] I ama deep-voiced voice actor. Ask me to say anything.

**Verified?** *(This bot cannot verify AMAs just yet)* **Date:** 2014-08-15 **[Link to submission](http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/2dn0ko/)** (*Has self-text*) Questions|Answers :--|:-- [If you're a guy with a higher voice, what are things you could do to get that deep, raspy kind of voice?](http://www.reddit.com…

Reddit

Reddit · 7 Jul 2014

Actor Websites

Hey everyone. I've been doing a great deal of freelance web design on the side and recently started a new company that designs websites for actors. Due to the fact that I need to build my portfolio for the entertainment community, I'm looking for three people who would like their actor website re-designed for free. No…

Reddit

Reddit · 26 Jun 2014

CASTING - The Doctor Who radio dramas - co-lead

DeadDillo note: this is a partial post. For the sides (scripts) to audition, please visit the link below. -------------------------------------------- For a web view of this casting notice, visit http://www.dwad.net/casting.html Co-Lead (Continuing role) Camille Aine SegalChord Productions is a group of professional, s…

Reddit

Reddit · 24 Jun 2014

Looking for FEMALE voice actress for World of Warcraft Machinima Series [Unpaid]

Hi, everyone! A few weeks ago, I wrote a post here recruiting a few voice actors for the new season of my World of Warcraft Machinima series, [Aligning Azeroth](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ot9b4AIuOfA). Again, thank you so much for your interest; we have found the needed voice actors for the suitable parts. However…

Reddit

Reddit · 4 Jun 2014

Looking for male and female voice actors for a World of Warcraft Machinima [Unpaid]

Hello, everyone. My friend and I have been working on a World of Warcraft machinima series since March of 2013. A few days ago, we just released the last episode of our [first season](https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaaErCGkJAJJfSemw_jkHS9QU2rONenMf). In season one, the series had up to four voice actors, and tw…

Reddit

Reddit · 27 May 2014

Advice needed on what platforms to consider with current/upcoming design projects

Hey all, First off, I’d like to give some background. I’m an actor in NYC and do freelance web design for other actors. Now, actor websites are SIMPLE — typically a home page with some text, a bio page, a photo/video page, a resume page, and a contact page. These sites really just need to be quick and clean. Here are t…

Reddit

Reddit · 14 May 2014

Calling all voice Actors/Actresses, Editors and Script writers!

Let's do an amateur audio series! The idea is a comedy series about the lives of the members of an agency of stock characters/Archetypes/Stereotypes [e.g. The Hero, The Damsel in Distress, The Dark Sorcerer, etc.]. If your voice can depict a certain stereotype, link me to a sample! If you can make a fun and simple plot…

Reddit

Reddit · 19 Feb 2014

[USA] [H] A Butt-ton of Game Guides (Most Systems) Pokemon X, (3DS) Pokemon Blue (GB), Skyward Sword, Sealed Pikmin 2 (Wii), Large List Spanning Most Consoles (Especially Nintendo) | [W] DK: Tropical Freeze (Wii U), PS4, PS Vita, NES Consoles, Lists, Offe

Got my game guides in! I'll list em' below, as well as in my [google doc](https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AiAXZIipkpgYdGh3TDJhOU82UmMzZ0VTOEdmM095MUE&usp=drive_web#gid=15), which shows how attached to certain games I am, as well as their condition and such. Also, I'm pretty low on cash, so if we do negotia…

Reddit

Reddit · 13 Feb 2014

Looking for a volunteer voice actor for a Short Film

Hello Reddit! Right now, I am looking for a voice actress to play the narrator in a short film I am producing. In the film, the part you would play is a sad/ depressed girl just looking to find adventure and new beginnings (cheesy, I know :P). If you are interested in this, please comment below with a demo reel, PM me,…

Reddit

Reddit · 4 Feb 2014

[USA] [H] Pokemon X, Link Between Worlds (3DS), Pokemon White 2 (DS), Pokemon Blue (GB), Super Mario All-Stars (SNES), Sealed Pikmin 2 (Wii), Large List Spanning Most Consoles, Tons of Strategy Guides | [W] PS4, PS Vita, Lists, Offers!

So, I've moved. In between my last post and this one, I moved to New York, so if I've been kinda slow to respond, that's why. That being said, any trades we work out might have to wait at least a week or two, so that's something to bear in mind whilst setting things up. Also! If you live in NYC, and wanna just catch a…

Reddit

Reddit · 14 Jan 2014

The Huntress and the Apprentice: Audio Drama (Actors and Actresses Wanted!)

The Huntress and the Apprentice is about a young street thug who is saved by a vampire huntress. She learns the value of human life and WHY it's worth saving. Her mission is to destroy the one that is spreading the vampire disease known as "The Host" UPDATE PLEASE READ!!: Some people are confused about the audition pro…

Reddit

Reddit · 9 Jan 2014

[USA] [H] Typhoid (Tasteless Joke), Pokemon X, Link Between Worlds (3DS), Pokemon White 2 (DS), Pokemon Blue (GB), Super Mario All-Stars (SNES), Skyward Sword (Wii), Large List Spanning Most Consoles | [W] PS Vita, Sega Genesis, and NES Consoles, Offers!

Long time, no post! I *finally* retyped/formatted my list. That being said, it doesn't show my personal values/whether or not a game is first run, cib, part of my personal collection, etc., because I'm bad at reddit-formatting. But fret not, you fretting fretter! Here's my [google doc](https://docs.google.com/spreadshe…

Reddit

Reddit · 6 Jan 2014

New spots for Halo Machinima Series: A Female Spot and Two Male Spots

Hey there guys, I'm BrahmastraHD and I'm a machinima director for the comedy-action series called "F.T.W. Police". Its a Halo Machinima with comedy and action and so far, these roles haven't been given. However, I need 1 female voice actress and two male voice actors to fill in these roles. The most important roles are…

Reddit

Reddit · 12 Dec 2013

Thoughts on websites for actors

I'm an NYC-based actor who is trying to escape the day job vortex by building websites for actors, and I'm looking for some pointers. I was wondering: what do you look for in a website? Is there anybody out there who has a website and has been cast from it? Thanks! My prototypes can be found [here](http://www.actorupgr…

Reddit

Reddit · 1 Dec 2013

Actor websites. Anybody used Square Space for theirs?

I currently have a site I built on Wix but it loads quite slowly. http://www.davidury.com I'm considering re-doing it with squarespace. Has anybody used SS to make their acting site? Any recs on good templates? I have zero coding or web building ability so can only use template based drag and drop companies.

Reddit

Reddit · 22 Nov 2013

Inspirational websites for Actors?

Hey! Anybody can recommend any websites that have plenty of inspirational quotes and pictures and stuff? I've found some Pinterest pages for Meisner quotes, that ones awesome. If anybody has anything they follow, please share!

Reddit

Reddit · 22 Oct 2013

Calling all Voice Actors!

My Friend and I, a writing and animating duo respectively, have nearly scripted a long series for online entertainment. We both are decent voice actors, but would like to know if any more qualified voice actors or actresses are interested in doing a project ( submitting recording by audio file is fine, we do not expect…

Reddit

Reddit · 18 Sep 2013

Need female voice actor for indie Oculus Rift/PC game.

CALLING ANY INTERESTED FEMALE VOICE TALENT! NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY! We are officially looking for a female voice actress to read a few lines now and a few more towards the end of our game's production. All you need is a microphone and the confidence to speak in to it! Compensation to be negotiated, but you will be gua…

Reddit

Reddit · 17 Jul 2013

Need Voice Actor and Voice Actress for Upcoming Machinima Episode

Hi, I'm Brahmastrahd and I'm a small independent machinima director. I'm looking for a voice actor or actress to voice in my halo 4 action comedy machinima series. It's called "F.T.W. Police" and its on youtube. I've got the script done and edited for the actors but a few jumped off last second so I need one voice acto…

Stage 32

Stage 32 · 12 Jun 2013

Need help please

Hello everyone I am interested in acting please give me advice I have done plays and have been on a DVD. I want to take it to the next level now. Please give me the protocol

Reddit

Reddit · 29 May 2013

How to scout a scam?

I have signed up on a lot of websites for actors with no experience and I have gotten a couple e-mails that just said they are looking. But I have gotten called twice now, one from John Casablancas which I have heard time and time again it is a scam. The second call was from JC modeling and acting agency which I'm assu…

Reddit

Reddit · 8 May 2013

Justin Lee AKA Annyong Bluth from Arrested Development - Ask Me Anything :)

Hey Everyone, Justin Lee here from Arrested Development. Want to take a moment to answer any questions for the fans. Did this earlier, but I want to give another opportunity for those that missed out. Thank you to those that have supported my new show, "One Warm Night." Episodes 1-7 are out and can be viewed at http://…

Reddit

Reddit · 3 Feb 2013

Why don't actors have websites?

Now, some actors do have websites. Sometimes they are about their acting, their charity, a side project, other things or a combination. But I usually find it weird that actors don't seem to have the same/expected we presence as musical artists. I assume younger actors may have more of a personal web presence because th…

Reddit

Reddit · 31 Oct 2012

Hey who are some of your favorite voice actors/actresses?

Some of mine are Tara Strong, John DiMaggio, Rob Paulsen, Steve Blum, Fred Tatasciore, Nolan North, Billy West, Tom Kenny, Charlie Adler, Diedrich Bader, Dee Bradley Baker, Jim Cummings, Tress MacNeille, Cree Summers, Nancy Cartwright, Maurice LaMarche, Kevin Michael Richardson, and many more. There's so damn many of t…