Acting forums, all in one place

19,657 posts from Reddit, Stage 32, the Backstage community and Delphi, newest first. Every title links out to the original thread.

Reddit

Reddit · 4 Nov 2019

Why doesn't SAG keep track of commercial residuals?

I feel like the union should really be keeping tabs on this. As an actor, commercial residuals make up a large part of my income. Also, if SAG is going to charge members extra dues for the commercial income they make, I feel like SAG should be keeping track of these things. I've heard of so many instances where commerc…

Reddit

Reddit · 4 Nov 2019

Actors Access with no reel

Do you guys still submit for roles with no reel? If so, do you guys get an audition or mostly hear nothing back?

Backstage

Backstage · 3 Nov 2019

Helpful Advice

Thought this would be some helpful advice for new or veteran actors. https://youtu.be/W24qVupDaH0

Reddit

Reddit · 3 Nov 2019

[PAID JOB] Amature Voice Actors Needed

First! This job is for a 10 minute pilot episode pitch. Offering $200 per actor for roughly 2-3 pages of dialog per character. 5 characters need voicing. 2 Male Characters. 3 Female Characters. More details are available if you are interested. Just message me with your demo reel or voice sample.

Reddit

Reddit · 3 Nov 2019

Need a male actor (30-40s) who can do a voice over conversation on a phone with wife. Needs to be light, fun, bantering and affectionate. Will get IMDB credit

Hi! Just directed a horror short film and looking for a male actor in his 30-40s who can do a voice over for a phone call with some lines that helps the audience connect to the character and is affectionate, fun, and light hearted with his wife. I've been trying for voice over actors and it's been a struggle, so I deci…

Reddit

Reddit · 3 Nov 2019

First interview with an agency. What should I expect?

I have my first agency interview in a couple weeks, and I want to be prepared. The only things they told me were to dress to impress, and that I do *not* have to perform a monologue. What kind of questions will they ask? Should I bring a headshot? Should I even sign with an agency if I’m just starting out, or get more…

Reddit

Reddit · 3 Nov 2019

Transformers Armadabridged Casting Call

Hey fellow voice actors, I am part of an abridged series called Transformers Armadabridged. Two of our voice actors have had to step down from the project and need to be replaced ASAP. Here is the casting call if anyone is interested: [https://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/members/sbghaseo/casting-call/Transformers-Arma…

Reddit

Reddit · 3 Nov 2019

Don’t Give Up

15 years ago, I dreamed of being an actor on a major TV show. I sat in a hospital after surgery and watched soap operas to pass the time. I studied the actors on screen and mouthed their lines after they said them. I Imitated their facial expressions. When I got back in school, I was inspired by a thespian girl to join…

Reddit

Reddit · 2 Nov 2019

I have a "good" problem but not sure what to do.

So I just received some reel footage, and I was stoked because I could finally follow up with some of the managers I've met at seminars and others who allow online submissions. There's one manager that I had been emailing back and forth with sporadically but she hadn't gotten back to me in a long while. But I sent her…

Reddit

Reddit · 2 Nov 2019

Getting into acting

So I've been thinking about getting into acting for a long time now, but I just don't know how. I've had no experience acting and I'm only 15 but I want to make it to the big screen. I don't know how auditions work, or much about anything to do with becoming an actor so help is very much appreciated.

Reddit

Reddit · 2 Nov 2019

TAPNYC is not a SCAM. The Actor's Project NYC is a successful showcase company.

TAPNYC showcases are a lot of fun and feature a lot of talented actors 15+ times a year. Agents and Managers in film, tv, theatre, etc. are at every showcase and there are many success stories (check out The Actor's Project NYC website). Yes, there is a one-time membership fee to join and be in the company, but once yo…

Reddit

Reddit · 2 Nov 2019

17 years old teen

I'm teen 17 years old from algeria it's situated in africa I looove acting i want to start an actor career but i can't make auditions and casting in usa because i can travel there (i don't have money) , do you guys know a way to make online auditions or casting like with a video call (skype) or sending a video playing…

Reddit

Reddit · 2 Nov 2019

How do I get an agent or manager?

At some point in your acting career you will need representation. There are many companies in NYC that offer you exposure to agents and managers. Check them out. They might seem the same, but often they have very unique approaches to how they get you in front of industry. See which company you best fit with, because yo…

Backstage

Backstage · 1 Nov 2019

HELP!!

I am in need of desperate help to create my resume. Do you know of any wesbites that will create a profressional resume builder.

Reddit

Reddit · 1 Nov 2019

Mandy. Com

I’ve been seeing this ad lately on Instagram for Mandy dot com which is apparently for actors to find new jobs (similar to Backstage, Actors Access I suppose). Is it a scam? It’s a free site so I’m not terribly worried about it but I also want to be safe and ya know, not waste my time lol. Does anyone know? Edit: Appar…

Reddit

Reddit · 1 Nov 2019

Feeling Inadequate / Hate Watching Myself / Impostor Syndrome

I'm up and coming in my local community theater scene, I have a lot of people who tell me what a great job I do, and my recent audition results definitely reflect that. However, I still can't get over feelings that I'm amateurish, or that there are gaping holes in my technique, or that I'm really doing a just okay job…

Reddit

Reddit · 1 Nov 2019

LA actors - your thoughts on AB5?

Apparently it’s going to make it practically illegal to be an independent contractor. It’s meant to stop people from being abused as full time contractors, but it effects many other industries. For example, I write marketing emails for companies. Under this law, I may not be able to work as an IC in California. As I wr…

Reddit

Reddit · 1 Nov 2019

Joining SAG

Does joining SAG make acting for a living easier? For example would I have access to more roles beyond what posted on backstage and Actors Access?

Reddit

Reddit · 1 Nov 2019

Tips on finding auditions?

So I'm an amateur actor (student theatre) who would very much like to have a try at some auditions but I live in Finland which isn't really a big movie making country. So my question is do you guys know how to find auditions in Finland (or the other nordic countries) or is there a way to somehow audition for internatio…

Reddit

Reddit · 1 Nov 2019

Acting approach - Suggestions

Hello everyone! I'm an aspiring filmmaker and have a few projects in my portfolio. A friend and I buddied up to produce super short films weekly to get better and better in different genres as opposed to committing to bigger projects. This means we are doing most of the acting ourselves as well. Now, I have experience…

Reddit

Reddit · 1 Nov 2019

Can I still become an actor with scars?

I know there is a section here about tattoos but do I still have a chance to become an actor with scars? I've been suffering from depression for many years (I don't want to get into details as I don't think it would be allowed here) and as a result I have some scars in visible places. I'm just really worried that now I…

Reddit

Reddit · 1 Nov 2019

Looking for Actors for a Video Testimonial

Hi all! I am looking for a couple of actors for video testimonials I am filming. These are real customer testimonials that we want to portray on screen. It's only about 1.5 min of dialouge needed, please message me for details. Thanks!

Reddit

Reddit · 1 Nov 2019

looking to create a filmmaking group in NYC

i'm primarily an actor who is slowly weaseling my way into producing. I write shorts, have agents, in sag, etc. I'm looking to find some writing partners, directors with cameras, sound techs, editors, and get a crew going to start making cool projects. i have some pretty decent industry knowledge, a few good contacts,…

Reddit

Reddit · 31 Oct 2019

Voice Actor for Mark Zuckerberg

I am looking for someone to impersonate Mark Zuckerberg. I will provide you with a script and video to match the voice and tone. The video will be about 30-45 seconds long. Please DM me with a quote if you can provide these services. Thank you.

Reddit

Reddit · 31 Oct 2019

Lost my “spark” and confidence

I’ve always wanted to be an actor since I was young and am still in the process of manifesting my career and building my brand. However, I notice that as I get older I’m starting to lose that confidence and “spark”. I’m getting more in my head and a lot more nervous and my acting is suffering tremendously. I recently d…

Reddit

Reddit · 31 Oct 2019

Audio Fiction Network - Voice Actor, Writer and Producer Community

Hello fellow Producers, Actors and Writers! Audio Fiction Network is a creator driven discord community of audio drama actors, writers, and producers getting together to chill, share our love of the medium, and have a reliable place to share work and get feedback. We have creative server events for our members such as…

Reddit

Reddit · 31 Oct 2019

Headshot-Age Range-Character Type Post - Oct 31

Use this thread to post your headshots for feedback, get info on your age range/type, find good headshot photographers, ask any questions you may have about headshots. If you are posting a DIY headshot for feedback, and not just a snapshot in order to get feedback on your age range/type/etc, it is advised that you do a…

Reddit

Reddit · 31 Oct 2019

As performers, what questions would you ask a major star?

Hi. I'm moderating a Q & A with an Oscar/BAFTA/Golden Globe/SAG nominated actor on Monday in front of a room full of actors. I've tried to come up with questions about the craft (starting out, auditioning, creating a character, doing accents, etc.) but I am not an actor so I was wondering... as actors, *what would you…

Reddit

Reddit · 31 Oct 2019

Looking for squidward voice actors

Hey I'm looking for a squidward voice actor to do a meme voiceover. I've searched fiverr and asked my viewers and so far i haven't had any success. Thanks. You can also contact me on ig: @memes\_b0i

Reddit

Reddit · 31 Oct 2019

Finding a writer to script an idea I want to shoot.

So I’m an actor and I built my own studio at home. I’ve been self shooting several short scenes from existing scripts and screenplays. However, now I have a few ideas for short scripts of my own. I am not a writer. I don’t want to be a writer. I want to act. So... any idea how I might meet a writer who would take my id…

Reddit

Reddit · 30 Oct 2019

Feeling defeated.

We’re doing a Handke play which requires a lot of monologues. No dialogue whatsoever. So when it was my turn during rehearsals tonight, my director called me out and said: “I need you to believe in yourself primarily as an actor but as a person.” And that really stung. Here’s why: I think his point was valid but at the…

Reddit

Reddit · 30 Oct 2019

Does HS paper quality matter?

Do I need to go to a legit photo printing place, or will Staples, Kodak kiosk, or any drig store printing place will do? I’ve always printed on the Kodak kiosks at Costco. It’s super rare nowadays for CDs to ask for a hardcopy, then when I saw the other actors’ headshots, they were legit... mine was meh.

Reddit

Reddit · 30 Oct 2019

MFA after going SAG?

I studied theater undergrad, but for the past year or so, I have been booking mostly film and TV work. I have some decent credits and my SAG card. I still love theater. I always thought I would move to New York/pursue theater/ get my MFA eventually, but now my life is pointing more towards LA. At 25, would it be worth…

Reddit

Reddit · 30 Oct 2019

How to make my way out of a casting office's shitlist

So about 2 years ago, my agent booked me an audition appointment for a co-star role at an illustrious casting director's office - one of the big names in the industry. I initially had apprehensions about going to this audition because I had a travel conflict with the shoot dates that I couldn't back out of. I had alrea…

Backstage

Backstage · 29 Oct 2019

Actors Looking to Join Other Actors In Cold Read Session-LA/Studio City

Hi everyone! Myself and a few other actors have been meeting up to practice our own scene study/cold read sessions every Saturday in Studio City. We would love to add more people to the group, if you would like to join please feel free to email me at hshinger@gmail.com to...

Reddit

Reddit · 29 Oct 2019

Signing up for backstage worth it?

I’m wondering if it’s legit and if it is worth it. Like are the open calls legitimate? What are some actors that got discovered on backstage?

Reddit

Reddit · 29 Oct 2019

How to Best Edit a Professional Reel and Submit to Agencies

Hello! I am an actor who’s mostly done a lot of small/medium theatre and freelance voice/audiobook work, but just recently landed a string of pretty meaty short films. In these last few months, I’ve fallen head over heels in love with film in a way I never expected to, and I’m extremely proud of my performances in thes…

Reddit

Reddit · 29 Oct 2019

Good websites to use to cast actors

Hi I was wondering if anyone had suggestions on good sites to cast actors through for a paid short film. So far people have just told me to use facebook groups, that has worked ok, but would like to know if there are more options.

Reddit

Reddit · 29 Oct 2019

Good website for casting as a voice actor?

Hello all! I was wondering what a good website would be for mainly voice over work would be. I know I can look at actors access or backstage but is there one specific to voice acting?

Reddit

Reddit · 29 Oct 2019

Having a different accent in every scene of showreel - good/bad idea? (UK)

My natural accent is Scouse and I very rarely use it on screen. I have footage from various recent projects that I want to put together as a showreel and it would go like this: Scene 1 - Scouse Scene 2 - Estuary English/general London Scene 3 - Russian Scene 4 - Scottish Is this a good idea? I'm putting one of the rare…

Reddit

Reddit · 29 Oct 2019

MFA: massive freaking aneurism

Heyo fellow actors and artist of reddit, so I'm a senior in college and it's that time of year where everyone is asking what I want to do when I'm out of the classroom clink. I see a couple options coming up, and one is applying for MFA programs, and the other is just free lancing into the gig. Both have a draw to me b…

Reddit

Reddit · 29 Oct 2019

Gift for Actress Girlfriend

Hey guys, my girlfriend is an actress and she mentioned that she was looking for a book of contemporary plays to use for monologues, preferably written by women. If any of you have something along those lines or any other gift ideas lmk! Thanks!

Reddit

Reddit · 29 Oct 2019

How often do actors living LA get auditions for big shows?

I found out that a lot of now-famous actors had done auditions for other big series (like CW, Netflix stuff) before they got their big break. Is that 'normal' for actors living in LA (like getting the opportunity to audition for many shows)?

Reddit

Reddit · 29 Oct 2019

HEATHERS THE MUSICAL ROBLOX CASTING FINAL (or maybe not final) CAST CALL FOR ADULTS AND THE BELEAGUERED GEEK (ENSEMBLE ROLE) Please audition if you have time via the survey if you want to participate and don’t think you’ll have time to do a role swings ar

The survey is here [https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc9b\_SzbDr2R1ZV7ngBNEbXcRdNJTxGzOct7Hz\_TGXSntocug/viewform?usp=sf\_link](https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc9b_SzbDr2R1ZV7ngBNEbXcRdNJTxGzOct7Hz_TGXSntocug/viewform?usp=sf_link) The channel for updates on shows [https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCV\_rl…

Reddit

Reddit · 29 Oct 2019

Monologues for black male actors

Hey guys, as you can tell from the title I’m a black actor who is struggling to find good material which has meaning, purpose and a journey - something powerful and gripping that takes you on a ride. I know I’ve literally vomited out words there but I figure you understand what I’m saying ( I hope