Reddit · 25 Jan 2020
Beginner Actor
Hi, I’m a senior in high school looking to start auditioning for film/TV and I have no idea how to get started. Any suggestions?
19,658 posts from Reddit, Stage 32, the Backstage community and Delphi, newest first. Every title links out to the original thread.
Reddit · 25 Jan 2020
Hi, I’m a senior in high school looking to start auditioning for film/TV and I have no idea how to get started. Any suggestions?
Reddit · 25 Jan 2020
Hi. I’m a pretty new voice actor and I’m trying to find some scripts that I can use for a demo, but all the ones on voices.com don’t really fit my style. I’m a young adult male with a pretty deep voice, and if anyone who sees this knows of any scripts that they could send me, that would be awesome.
Reddit · 24 Jan 2020
Can a great actor be someone who studied a totally unrelated field, maybe took a couple of drama classes, but can naturally portray emotions very well (high EQ for example) and knows when to use which kind of tonality?
Reddit · 24 Jan 2020
Hi all, I recently got my headshots taken and it's been a week and I've heard nothing back from my photographer. Since this is my first time doing headshots, I'm unfamiliar with how long the typical wait time is to get your headshots back. I've tried emailing him a few days after my shoot for an updated ETA and he did…
Reddit · 24 Jan 2020
Sorry if this is the wrong sub, I wasn’t sure where else to ask. I know that voice training is sometimes discussed in trans online communities but I don’t want to intrude. I’m female and I have a pretty feminine and stable voice with no vocal fry, but I have an issue with sounding nasally when I’m talking for a long pe…
Reddit · 24 Jan 2020
I've wanted to be an actor since I was like was 2 years old, but I've always been too shy to do anything about it. Do you think 33 is too old to start?
Reddit · 24 Jan 2020
Just curious, how much do you figure a principal SAG actor (not Star) would make on a Super Bowl commercial if their part doesn’t end up on the cutting room floor?
Reddit · 23 Jan 2020
Hi everyone! I’m feeling a little lost right now. I’d love to talk and hear and get advice from other actors.
Reddit · 23 Jan 2020
Hey guys, Anyone has any experience with the BA course at Drama Studio London? What's the quality of teaching? Are the connections valuable? In terms of final showcases and an exposure to CDs and agents. Does it have good reputation with the industry people? Thanks for your help, fellow actors!
Reddit · 23 Jan 2020
Use this thread to post your headshots for feedback, get info on your age range/type, find good headshot photographers, ask any questions you may have about headshots. If you are posting a DIY headshot for feedback, and not just a snapshot in order to get feedback on your age range/type/etc, it is advised that you do a…
Reddit · 23 Jan 2020
If you are interested please call me at 0422 347 025 and give me your best wookie sound I'll message you if you get in than you
Reddit · 23 Jan 2020
Hello all I've been acting for several years now, graduated from a decent university just outside london with a degree in performing arts, but no where in the course did we learn about spotlight, equity, agents, SAG, or day rates. It became apparent my degree, while nice, didn't make me any of the connections i needed,…
Reddit · 23 Jan 2020
i've done a bunch of iphone shorts for reel footage previously, last one we shot we did with better equipment, my friend and I just finished a 12 page short that we're going to execute as professionally as possible (for not having a budget). I'm looking for more trained actor / writers to partner up with to write scene…
Reddit · 23 Jan 2020
Hello! Our company is currently looking for voice actors and actresses who can sing to record talked and sung phrases for a children's animation show that showcases on YouTube. If you are interested, please, write me to this mail [jeanpierre@theaudiohive.com](mailto:jeanpierre@theaudiohive.com)
Reddit · 23 Jan 2020
Someone recently asked me, “Isn’t it strange that actors need to work so hard to just BE. It’s almost ironic.” It is, I agree. The problem is that we create a whole lot of issues for ourselves because we are not aware of our own natural behaviors. We do what we do, automatically. So when we need to use someone else’s w…
Reddit · 22 Jan 2020
Voice Actors of Reddit, what was / is it like to be the English voice of a character from another country (especially when it came to portraying him/her for the first time)? Also, have you ever cosplayed as that character?
Reddit · 22 Jan 2020
Uh, this is my first time posting something on reddit. Since i was 15 i wanted to become an actor and be on top of Hollywood and all that (too much drugs, i know). I was looking on internet and i saw a few schools and conservatories, the typical, NYFA, AMDA, Yale, AADA, Juilliard, Stella Adler, Lee Strasberg, and all o…
Reddit · 22 Jan 2020
Hey, Just wondering if anyone in here has done Pilot Season in LA or know someone who has? Can you explain how it works? Especially for someone who doesn't actually live in LA (I'm English and live in London). I can't seem to find that much about it online, and most of my actor friends (the ones im close with anyway) h…
Reddit · 22 Jan 2020
I'm passionate about becoming an actor. However, I'm a 2 hours drive from London (the only major city near me). I feel like being British in another country would make me stand out more with potential applications. I was wondering if others had experience with this?
Reddit · 22 Jan 2020
I am in the Toronto area and looking to sign up with a background actor casting agency. I have an agent for commercial/film/TV productions but I would also like to get back to working as an extra and his focus is not on BG. Any suggestions from background actors in the Toronto area? Or do you recommend applying myself…
Reddit · 22 Jan 2020
I'm only interested in classes that are set up like a set and constantly have you on camera, providing you with your footage at the end of the class. I'm an experienced actor and most interested in finding a teacher that will help me to market myself, make my reel as best as it can be, find my ideal branding includ…
Reddit · 22 Jan 2020
This is a quote from a recent NY Times article on intimacy directors, which is a valuable read by itself: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/14/magazine/sex-scene-intimacy-coordinator.html I have not heard the idea in the title put so clearly before but it really got my wheels turning and I thought it would be an interest…
Reddit · 22 Jan 2020
Hi. Just wondering if anyone has recently been in to meet or have signed with MZA. Very mixed reviews on the agency and not a lot of updated info. A friend who is a working actor says she has regularly seen his clients on the casting sheet so im curious. Wondering id after the bad press he has changed his tactics
Reddit · 21 Jan 2020
What are your thoughts with signing with a big agency vs boutique agency? Big roster vs small roster? Established agent vs new agent? I’ve heard all sides of the argument (big agency has big name, boutique has more drive, big roster means agent connections, small roster means more focus on you and your career, establis…
Reddit · 21 Jan 2020
Like if they moved to a big city, would they be snapped up. Isnt that how they made it
Reddit · 21 Jan 2020
I’m a singer, primarily opera and musical theatre. I’ve done some plays, mostly Shakespeare comedies, but those were about 15 years ago. So I got a text this afternoon from an acquaintance with whom I recently did a read/sing through of Newsies (just for fun, with other like-minded fun-loving musicians, nothing serious…
Reddit · 21 Jan 2020
Hey everyone! So I've wanted to become a voice actor for some time, and wanting to hopefully make it to be professionally suited for it. A lot of voice acting advances seems like a giant circle where you already have to start out on the inside of it to make it around. That and I have like no resources I can reach out t…
Reddit · 21 Jan 2020
Red Martyr Entertainment is looking to hire male voice actors for the roles of two main characters in Saint Kotar: The Yellow Mask. **Category**: Voice actors in a video game **Roles**: Main characters - Benedek Dohnany and Nikolay Kalyakin **Type of work**: Paid - 50 to 100$ per hour (depending on the voice acting ski…
Reddit · 21 Jan 2020
I saw a breakdown for a film that will be happening "nearby" (about 6 hrs away). But it's passed the deadline. Is this something I should even bother submitting for?
Reddit · 21 Jan 2020
I’m currently working on a new movie script, which involves an up and coming actor getting a huge part in an upcoming big budget movie. I have no experience in that field, so I wanted to ask what is it like landing an important acting job? What was your reaction, who contacts you to tell you, and any other small detail…
Reddit · 21 Jan 2020
Ever since I was little I have known that acting is my true passion. I will do whatever it takes to make it in the world of cinematography as an actor. My question is: Where should I study acting? I could definitely use some help on that. I want to study somewhere in Europe (I am aware of the competition) What are some…
Reddit · 20 Jan 2020
Moving to the Seattle area on a few months and would like any and all pointers for getting in VO work for the various game companies there. Any particular resources y'all would recommend? Specific talent agencies I should shoot for? Or particular websites I should be looking at? I'm just assuming a lot of the VO stuff…
Reddit · 20 Jan 2020
Guys where can I find a good online acting agent so I can score some acting jobs I know that this sounds so unprofessional but what can I say everyone has a start you know. I am 19 years old and know almost 4 languages Italian, Albanian, English, Turkish and right now learning German as I live in Vienna Austria now. Wh…
Reddit · 20 Jan 2020
Today I had an audition that I was really excited about as the director is a director that directed one of my University shows and we had a great working relationship. After I got my audition confirmation email, they sent two sides. The first side they said was optional because it required juggling a soccer ball on you…
Reddit · 20 Jan 2020
Hey guys! Random story but I follow a tier 1 Hollywood agent on Instagram who just so happened to reply to my DM. I followed up with some info about myself, how I have an agent in my country and was wondering about any info they might have in submitting to them. The thing is they’re quite a big agent and have A listers…
Reddit · 20 Jan 2020
Anyone seen that actors academy guy on YouTube? He claims to be a really professional Instructor and some of his videos are useful. Was thinking of trying out his 10 hours masterclass but wanted to know if it's worth it.
Reddit · 20 Jan 2020
Yeah everyone,including my family says I’ll never be one lol.
Reddit · 20 Jan 2020
Little bit about myself: young guy from Europe, studying computer science in college, and had a couple months of acting classes in the past. I've did some acting for group projects besides the acting classes (making videos explaining our project, I'm always the one doing that), love to present for large crowds, and peo…
Reddit · 19 Jan 2020
I’ve seen this a lot and honestly it feels like a slap in the face. Especially because people always give the notion that all you have to do is work hard.
Reddit · 19 Jan 2020
TL;DR - I created a podcast about voice actors and their stories. It's paid. I think we all have our stories to share and learn a thing or two. I'd love to have you on the show. Link below. Hi everyone! One thing I've always enjoyed about this industry has been the people - the helpful, kind, and supportive ones that I…
Reddit · 19 Jan 2020
This is just for my pure curiosity. I stumbled upon the wiki page of Emma Mackey, the girl that plays Maeve in Sex Education. It says there that she studied English at Uni of Leeds, where she also appeared in a few stage productions, and that’s about it. Afterwards she just moved to London and signed with the Curtis Br…
Reddit · 19 Jan 2020
Being sick **sucks**, and I think we all know that. I’m definitely not a professional voice actor or anything, but a croaky voice, sore throat, and persistent cough have been essentially blocking me from doing what I love. I’m wondering what I can do to keep my voice healthy so that when I fully recover I’ll immediatel…
Reddit · 19 Jan 2020
The available characters are King Ignatius (The previous king) - minor, Queen Aqua (The previous queen) - minor, Scout (The Prince) - major, Harmony (The new princess) - major, Woodwind (The Evil King) - medium, Breeze (The new queen, doesn't know her husband is evil) - minor. Do not worry. This will all make sense lat…
Reddit · 18 Jan 2020
Hello, so this is my first post on Reddit. I want to become an actor, my passion has been to make people feel emotions and really push those feelings. Problem is, I'm a tall chubby 19 year old guy. I'm broke and barely holding on. I want to make my dreams a reality and I have no clue where to start, I am so lost. Can a…
Reddit · 18 Jan 2020
Greetings, aspiring voice actors! I see a lot of questions on subs like this asking about beginner mic setups, which typically involve something USB. While USB mics have come a long way, the reality is you will instantly lose a lot of credibility with one. XLR is what you want. Not only do they produce a more authentic…
Reddit · 17 Jan 2020
Hello chums and fiends. I am a stage actor. I have two auditions scheduled for two days apart in a couple weeks. One is for a professional theater (equity), and one is community. I've been acting for a couple years now and so even though I'm not new to auditioning, I wanted to make a post about what I'm feeling. I thin…
Reddit · 17 Jan 2020
Hey! I'm an actor from Vancouver and have a question... On your resume, is it better to list all your training or only some? If a CD sees say... 9 different actor training workshops and schools but say... 6 film credits, will they think the amount of training is good or that the actor must not be that good if they have…
Reddit · 17 Jan 2020
Hello, I normally use staples and cut by light. I think I'm going back to actor paper. I have heard to use permanent double tape instead? Any thoughts? Thanks
Reddit · 17 Jan 2020
I have been trying for months to find a voice over actor who can do a voice over role of some lines as a husband having a normal light hearted conversation with his wife. For some reason almost every voice over actor I have encountered seems to never been in a relationship or no idea how to talk to women. I am not tryi…
Reddit · 17 Jan 2020
Hello all. I have a big question. I have very poor voice to be a voice actor. However I am a game composer sound designer, and since I am packed with microphones and good gear to mess around with I grown myself a pioneer over modulation.Thanks for that I picked voice acting myself. The only problem is I modulate my voi…