Reddit · 13 Mar 2020
Does university/ Bfa help?
Does a bachelor degree in fine arts help or would pravite coaching be better which will help you get the connections you need to go far in this industry. And becoming a successful actor
19,659 posts from Reddit, Stage 32, the Backstage community and Delphi, newest first. Every title links out to the original thread.
Reddit · 13 Mar 2020
Does a bachelor degree in fine arts help or would pravite coaching be better which will help you get the connections you need to go far in this industry. And becoming a successful actor
Reddit · 12 Mar 2020
Hi, everyone! I am a director that is going to be staging Stephen Sondheim and George Furth's COMPANY in my theatre's 2020-2021 season. (I would give more information, but I have not made my season announcement yet.) This will be the traditional COMPANY with a male lead. I have seen almost every major new production of…
Reddit · 12 Mar 2020
Real, first person experiences please! Who here has "flipped" a nonunion production to union (actors), or flipped their own production (filmmakers) to accommodate a union actor? If you don't know what I'm talking about, then you haven't done it. What I mean, for actors is, as SAG members, submitted to a NU role and the…
Reddit · 12 Mar 2020
Use this thread to post your headshots for feedback, get info on your age range/type, find good headshot photographers, ask any questions you may have about headshots. If you are posting a DIY headshot for feedback, and not just a snapshot in order to get feedback on your age range/type/etc, it is advised that you do a…
Reddit · 12 Mar 2020
People who have full time job how do u find time for auditions? Specially when its located on the other part of town (LA) . Does anyone have any full time job suggestion that can be good for actors that are looking for auditions?
Reddit · 12 Mar 2020
Hey r/VoiceActing, I'm trying to find a small handful of people to do some short lines and I'm not sure what the best resource/site would be. Just a quick background: Some people and I started an RPG a few years ago right after I moved back from college. We all went from practically strangers to pretty much best friend…
Reddit · 11 Mar 2020
Wondering if anyone has a class/teacher/acting studio they really like in Los Angeles. I moved here recently and have tried one place but didn't love it - it can be a little tough weeding out the bad studios that are just trying to take your $$$. I'm hoping to find somewhere that gives students performance time, has co…
Reddit · 11 Mar 2020
Hello actors, writers, and voice talent! We are currently looking for boys and girls ages 8-12 to join our team of elite voice actors! You can hear samples of our voice artist team here: soundcloud.com/TalentSpeaks If you are interested or know someone who may be interested in joining our team, please email us at Talen…
Reddit · 11 Mar 2020
Folks, I'm just trying to gauge where I'm at. I was submitting for Voices all day today, and I didn't know when to allow myself to take a break to like...eat? I worked for probably about eight hours, and was absolutely not messing around. I was pretty much nonstop, I took a very short lunch break and felt bad about it…
Reddit · 11 Mar 2020
Hey everyone! I'm an actor who's just started breaking into film and has done stage work ever since I started acting. But I've noticed a disconnection with my acting lately. It has been really hard for me in the past to let go and become the character I'm playing. Recently I've managed to let go some and it has elevate…
Reddit · 11 Mar 2020
in shows such as NCIS, Hawaii F0, Blue Bloods, etc. do background actors get credits in the beginning/end screen, or just paid? Thanks.
Reddit · 11 Mar 2020
I have a ton of fans I’ve built up in the nyc market that request me personally for improv etc. to my agents there and I’ve booked a lot of commercials in Nyc - my callback and booking ratios which I’ve measured on excel spreadsheets have only gone up through the years - made the move out of nyc to la and have not gott…
Reddit · 10 Mar 2020
I’m an actor who’s recently made the move to Los Angeles, and will be relocating to North Hollywood soon. With Hollywood studios right there I thought it could be a fun job to work in addition to being convenient location wise. I was wondering if anyone on here has worked as a performer at USH and if they could shed so…
Reddit · 10 Mar 2020
I'm sure most will respond with some version of "Only *you* can answer this question," and while I know that is technically true, I still would like input from those with perspectives that may be different from my own. ​ \*\* Jump to "fast forward to now" if you don't care about why/how I got into acting. Ȁ…
Reddit · 10 Mar 2020
I apologize if this is inappropriate, but I just need some advice. I'm an aspiring actor, just starting to dabble in indie projects. I'm looking for anything to build my portfolio. I currently live in the deep south, and I'm lucky to live by a city where indie projects are regularly in development. I was approached for…
Reddit · 10 Mar 2020
Hi Everyone, Long time stalker, first-time poster in this sub. A little background so you know I'm serious: I've been doing consistent voice-over work for eLearning for corporations for a little over two years now and have decided to make the jump to pursue this full-time. I'm a professionally trained actor (received m…
Reddit · 10 Mar 2020
Hi, My grandfather lives in New York and is performing in a small show -- his first in about a decade. He is struggling to remember his lines and asked me to look up ways in which someone could discreetly feed him his lines. I'm wondering if anyone has any tips? Hoping that there is maybe a microphone he could wear tha…
Reddit · 10 Mar 2020
Riddle #1: How does an actor pursue a career that does not come with a universal career path? Riddle #2: How does an actor live a stable life in a profession that is defined by its instability? Riddle #3: How does an actor maintain superhuman toughness while remaining extraordinarily vulnerable? Riddle #4: How does an…
Reddit · 10 Mar 2020
i'm fairly new to the city, come from an acting background, improv, meisner, etc. also bartend to pay the bills. I'm trying to get into filmmaking more and meet people to work on stuff with. i'm based in bushwick / ridgewood right off the myrtle wyckoff L. anybody wanna grab a coffee or know of any cool filmmaker meetu…
Reddit · 10 Mar 2020
I'm getting another headshot later this month to add to my portfolio just was wondering if you guys had any advice on what to wear. Type i'm going for is like a non-chalant, cool, likeable, genuine young adult. my agent refers to me as a "latinx timoathee chalamet". Some other similar actors would be Ramy Youseff, Jord…
Reddit · 10 Mar 2020
Hi there, This is a question mostly for LA-based actors, but I'm happy to hear from anyone! Obviously the breakdowns are flooded with non-union jobs; it's just the reality we're living in at the moment. Have you ever applied to those non-union jobs as a union actor? I suppose there's no rule against it, but my fear wou…
Reddit · 10 Mar 2020
Hi, I am an actor with a little bit of college and highschool theater experience from school, I didn’t do a lot of plays in college because I was focused more on film department work at my school. I did take a lot of acting classes including Shakespearean acting classes. I live in New York now and want to audition for…
Reddit · 10 Mar 2020
Interested in getting into voiceovers but never knew where to start? My name is Terry Daniel. I'm an experienced full time voice actor going on my 30th year in the business! I created a YouTube channel playlist for beginners who are serious about learning the craft and doing what it takes to become a professional voice…
Reddit · 9 Mar 2020
I'm part of a young actors community theatre group. How it's arranged is that the director picks a show and roles and the actors go in blind. Basically, you audition to get in the group, not for a particular role. I am the male with seniority in the group, I've acted there for four years. However, while I've had challe…
Reddit · 9 Mar 2020
How do I know when I’m ready to move on. To record a demo reel and attempt to get an agent. I always hear “if you have to ask then you’re not.” But, I’m an overthinker and that sort of stuff doesn’t make sense to me. I have been going to voice acting classes but I don’t plan on going this year because I’m saving up mon…
Reddit · 8 Mar 2020
​ The more projects I work on the more I notice this. It's the first big meeting of a group of actors, many of whom haven't met before, and the first time the script is being read aloud by the people playing the characters, presumably. Among the frantic energy and confusion about what should and shouldn't be rea…
Reddit · 8 Mar 2020
What has inspired you to pursue the path of acting and what motivates you to keep going? I've been thinking of visiting an acting class, just to see if it's something I'd like. I feel like I'm attracted to this path because good actors, movies and tv shows make me feel emotionally at home (it's a wonderful feeling I ca…
Reddit · 8 Mar 2020
When I watch a movie with sex/nudity I often wonder about what that actor's parents would think. Now that I'll be in a sex scene I'm wondering if anyone has experiences acting in them. What have reactions friends/family been like? Do you try to tell people to stay away from watching? Do you not care about what they say…
Reddit · 7 Mar 2020
I am in a local theater production that’s not very fancy but it’s still theater. And the character I’m playing needs a French accent. I am having trouble really letting go and giving it my all, I’m not a very experienced actor and I get slightly embarrassed when I’m on stage trying to fumble out a French accent. I have…
Reddit · 7 Mar 2020
I’m an actor living in New York City. If I want to work on my singing I can listen to a voice lesson I have taken previously and sing along with it. But how can I work on my acting alone? Is there a way to refine your craft without getting in an acting class?
Reddit · 7 Mar 2020
Hi everyone! I need some personalised advice and came straight to reddit to ask y'all!! I'm a holder of both an American and Hungarian passport, who graduated from a city college in the US with an Associate of Arts in Theatre along with an IGETC certificate. I moved to Japan to pursue musical theatre in Tokyo, but as m…
Reddit · 7 Mar 2020
Hello, i am 13 years old (which is old enough for reddit , dont worry) and I want to be an actor (actress) I've read the FAQ of this subreddit and stuff, but they all seem like it's for adults, is there any advice for a child? I have experience from school but I've never been to an acting class because I live in a smal…
Reddit · 7 Mar 2020
Hi fellow actors, I recently booked a leading role in a short film! I'm excited and thrilled however i find myself almost lost in preparing for the role. How I prepared for the audition was by breaking the scene down into beats and objectives. That's my technique for auditions but i'm not sure how to approach the role…
Reddit · 7 Mar 2020
Actor Myles Grier wrote, directed, produced and starred in this short film ' Remember To Breathe In The Dark'. He dedicated it to those who have lost a parent or a loved one and those who have a speech impediment. Powerful and inspiring 15 minute video - check it out! WATCH: [https://youtu.be/cFI-kmNQxnk](https://youtu…
Reddit · 7 Mar 2020
Hi. I’m looking for a good Acting School in Vancouver. Anyone here knows of any? I’ve been looking thoroughly and it seems these are the best (according to several online reviews): - VADA Studios. - Capilano University. - Langara (Studio 58). However, I would love to know more from fellow actors. Thanks in advance!
Reddit · 6 Mar 2020
I’ve been anxious about it lately, as I’m not used to being as aggressive with marketing myself. To help get over that, I decided at the beginning of the year to figure out what all I want my page to be. I finally figured it out and I’m proud to say I launched it and started getting likes and follows on there. On the p…
Reddit · 6 Mar 2020
So my current method is looking up a tv show I know on IMDB, finding an actor I like, opening a new tab, pasting their name in there, and manually pulling up websites. Seems there's gotta be a more compiled list of links somewhere? I'm building my own website and figured before I get too "creative" I need to at least k…
Reddit · 6 Mar 2020
I've done a little research on the area and read about the Actors Theatre and The Humana Festival of New American Plays which look pretty cool. I also looked at the University of Kentucky's College of Fine Arts but I'm not in a position to afford that right now or in the near future, at least. Is there anything else? I…
Reddit · 6 Mar 2020
I just got my first gig doing an English dub. I was sent a copy of the original film, so I can sync my voice to the actor I’m voicing. Doing this all from my home studio. It’s a short one, so hoping I can get the hang of it! I’m excited and a little nervous. Anyone who’s done dubbing before have any tips on how to prod…
Reddit · 6 Mar 2020
I’m looking into what I want to major in college. I’m definitely going to major in theatre since being an actress is my dream job, but I’m thinking it’d be a good idea to double major in something that I’d have a better chance of making a living off of. I’m really interested in history, but it seems like the only job I…
Reddit · 6 Mar 2020
I have been trying to get into acting for the last year. I signed up to an agency that represent dwarf actors and so far I’ve been an extra in a major feature film. The thing is I’m relying on my agent to get me auditions and stuff, in wondering if there is anything that I can do to help my chances on getting casted an…
Reddit · 6 Mar 2020
Hi there, I am an Actor (M26) in England with some professional credits to my name (mainly stage). However, as it goes in this industry, I've been having a dry spell recently. I am however in one or two local productions that, whilst fun and enjoyable to be a part of, I would unfortunately not label them as 'profession…
Reddit · 5 Mar 2020
I'm in the process of applying to commercial agents. In the submission they want me drop them my actor profiles. Should I send them my la casting or actors access?
Reddit · 5 Mar 2020
I saw online something about American productions filming in Canada because it’s cheaper (knew about that one) but I also saw someone say they cast Australians because it’s cheaper. Is that true? If it is, why?
Reddit · 5 Mar 2020
What is the best way to go about joining Actra. I know how to get in, as you need 3 professional credits. Is their any easier way or can you just do one principal role and get it? Seems like it is easier for U.S. actors to join SAG than it is for us Canadian actors to join Actra.
Reddit · 5 Mar 2020
I have a flexible job that allows me to pay my bills (if ONLY to make enough to pay my bills), and I've even had a bit of success with a supporting part in a film, voice acting in a commercial that showed on Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network, and having small parts on a couple tv shows. I've got professional head shots a…
Reddit · 5 Mar 2020
So I realized that I really want to be an actor. The problem is that I'm really ugly, have multiple mental disorders and fucking hate myself. Also, I don't know how find auditions and stuff. But I WANT IT SOOO BADLY it makes me really sad and angry and keeps me up at night. I'm really ready to do anything. Can someone…
Reddit · 5 Mar 2020
Use this thread to post your headshots for feedback, get info on your age range/type, find good headshot photographers, ask any questions you may have about headshots. If you are posting a DIY headshot for feedback, and not just a snapshot in order to get feedback on your age range/type/etc, it is advised that you do a…
Reddit · 5 Mar 2020
The only film that I thought she was good in was *The Hours* where she played **Virginia Woolf** (for what she deserved her Oscar for IMO). Other than that I haven't been too or all that impressed with anything she's done or acted in. This critic for *The Times* also seems to think Kidman is not that good an actor: >Ki…