Stage 32 · 1 Jan 2018
Acting schools article.
Link. https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/01/nyregion/acting-studios-are-struggling-does-it-matter.html
19,644 posts from Reddit, Stage 32, the Backstage community and Delphi, newest first. Every title links out to the original thread.
Stage 32 · 1 Jan 2018
Link. https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/01/nyregion/acting-studios-are-struggling-does-it-matter.html
Stage 32 · 1 Jan 2018
A link. https://www.buzzfeed.com/candacelowry/secrets-aspiring-actors-wont-tell-you?utm_term=.ahKN4AjNKm#.buGwN9YwRE
Backstage · 30 Dec 2017
Has anyone ever used any actor focused apps they can reccomend? I just found out about the app, "Rehearsal PRO" and "Sides," any recommendations or experience with them?
Backstage · 30 Dec 2017
Is it it worth it anymore to move to La for acting from Nyc. I just wanted to know from people that have taken the journey lately since their is so many productions being filmed now in the city
Backstage · 30 Dec 2017
ello,, i am an actor (by default) somehow it sucked me in and i've decided to get serious this year. I am in SAG and I am looking for the hook up to independent film auditions (via manager/agent). I also write my own shorts, a series, a feature, and a...
Stage 32 · 28 Dec 2017
This is a new group, if you live locally to Thousand Oaks CA you might want to come and join us. We meet monthly and we also have an improv night about every other month. The idea is to create our own short digital films. You can find us on Meetup or contact me for more information. I'm an actor and thought actors woul…
Backstage · 21 Dec 2017
Hey this is something new to me and my partner as signed me up, im desperately wanting go back to work, and im interested on hearing peoples stories about this programme, how it works and how their getting on with this site x any fed back will be appreciated ..kelli...
Backstage · 20 Dec 2017
Hey, everyone. Let me know if you have any subjects you'd like covered in my column during 2018. I'd love to hear from all of you. Thanks and have a great holiday! SAM
Stage 32 · 19 Dec 2017
Helen Mirren: "Never act in front of a mirror. You are doing the exact opposite of what acting is about. Acting is all about what is happening within you. It doesn't matter what is happening on your face."Interesting!
Backstage · 16 Dec 2017
So, to make it short and sweet, I wanted to know the BEST way to email your headshots and resume to a Casting Director. I read somewhere that it's not a good idea to send them as an attachment. Is this at all true. Thank you.
Delphi · 11 Dec 2017
We've had two breakdowns submitted by our new agent, both from Casting Networks, that never appeared in my lists for auditions. Do agents see things that we, the general subscribers do not see? I monitor daily. And, does it work the same way for Actors Access? Thanks
Backstage · 8 Dec 2017
..take the fundamental step of seeing how far the person giving you the advice has gotten in the side of the business that interests you. Certainly, if it's on-camera work that interests you, you should look the person up in imdb and see how substantial their own careers have been....
Backstage · 7 Dec 2017
Hello every one my name is Ashton kirkland. I am 22 years old and interested in getting started acting, modeling, and doing stunt work. I have no representation and really need some advice on how to get started such as, format of resume, how to get into contact with agents,...
Backstage · 7 Dec 2017
Hoping to get this clarified once and for all. I was taft-hartlied into a web series a few years ago and have been SAG-E ever since. I want to join SAG eventually but when it's the right time. I have a commercial agent who sends me primarily on non-union auditions,...
Backstage · 5 Dec 2017
Hey Erin id like to audition for a movie or show I even thought about auditionlong for stranger things 3 but I don’t have any experience. I was wondering if you have any tips you could give me to help me in my auditio. Thank you
Backstage · 5 Dec 2017
How I can't be the good actor to do my job properly is any trick an this industry thnks
Backstage · 5 Dec 2017
Hello everyone, my name is Jesus Chavez. I'm new to the entertainment business and haven't really met anyone in Chicago to network with.
Stage 32 · 3 Dec 2017
This is more of a curiosity than anything else. One of my dreams as a filmmaker is to be cast in a background 2nd- or 3rd-tier bad guy role in an action movie or a western. Like a “Gunman #2” kind of role, of one those who shows up in the shootout and immediately gets killed. That’d be amazing. Has anyone here ever don…
Backstage · 2 Dec 2017
I am a young adult actor. I sing, I dance, I tell funny stories. I've been auditioning in NYC for 3 years. I've auditioned for all the big casting companies. I'm very saddened about what's going on, but it's not surprising. Any time there is power, there is going to...
Backstage · 2 Dec 2017
I am very new to acting and I've have been asked what are my pay requirements for a supporting role in a film? I live locally and will not have to travel to far. I am new to the industry, non-union and not represented by an agent. I would like...
Backstage · 30 Nov 2017
1) Our multi award-winning (festival) short was screened by hundered of fesivals - many of whom who've asked me why they are unable to rate/vote (1-10) on my film -- which I have no answer for. How may/can I enable this IMDb feature? 2) Regarding this 2017 title I am...
Backstage · 30 Nov 2017
I have a demo reel now and want to update it. Anybody have a recommendation they can give me in LA. Somebody that knows how long to make each scene and all the dos and don'ts of a demo reel. Not somebody that does it on the side as a...
Delphi · 30 Nov 2017
If the only screentime you have to list, is as background work, do you just omit that Film/Television) section, but still list the background work under training? I read the info on BizParent and from Bonnie Gillespie, just making double sure. TIA
Backstage · 29 Nov 2017
Hello everyone! I've been debating with the idea of leaving my hometown for a bigger city to increase my chances of being cast in a film or television. I've been challenged with the idea between moving to LA right away and sink or swim or head to ATL for a...
Backstage · 29 Nov 2017
Hello everyone! So I’m completely new to this site and to acting FOR REAL. I’m 19 and have always been fascinated by actors and the roles they play. Any tips on how to go from nothing to into films? My main issue is i really don’t know what is required...
Backstage · 29 Nov 2017
Hello! I am a 13 year old girl with a strong interest in acting. The only problem is; I've only ever done a play in 4th grade, but I was the lead. I'm in my school's drama club, but my school/ town is so small, we can't afford to put...
Backstage · 28 Nov 2017
Hi: Quick question? PLEASE how many people here HAVE been banned from L.A. Casting? Love to hear your story. Sincerely, Tigressinjungle
Backstage · 28 Nov 2017
I am currently a senior at high school, living in the EU. After finishing high school, I plan to study acting at a drama school in London (e.g. Drama Centre London) or at a conservatory in NY (e.g. William Esper; I couldn't afford a university training in NY since I'd...
Delphi · 28 Nov 2017
Wish two websites is ideal for a child at 6, I very few opportunities for kids at IMDbPRO.
Delphi · 28 Nov 2017
I'm looking for some advice in regards to using Instagram for professional purposes. We just opened an Insta account for our DS (13yrs) and it is strictly for posting professional photos from movie sets, screenshots of episodes he's been in, etc. We told him not to follow his friends but only people he's worked with, i…
Delphi · 28 Nov 2017
I am doing my daughter's headshot -they were taken by a local photographer who doesn't specifically do headshots. He sent me the images and my favorite is horizontal -but I'm thinking that most headshot are vertical? Does it matter?
Backstage · 24 Nov 2017
Hi, I'm not exactly new to acting but I've refocused on it in a way I could not in the past. I have a lot of questions but I'll start w a few. I live in Long Island near Kennedy airport. 1. How could I find out local actors to...
Backstage · 23 Nov 2017
I met with an agent from a huge bicoastal agency and sang for her at a pay-for-play. She liked what I did we had a great conversation and she asked me to send her hard mail of my headshot and a letter since she does not use email. I wrote...
Delphi · 17 Nov 2017
DD recently had headshots done. Photographer offered free digital files of their favorites, in exchange for use. DD was ok with use on website but due to large Instagram following, asked if they could refrain from use on Instagram, as she doesn’t want “fans” seeing them before she even uses them. What would you do? Wh…
Backstage · 15 Nov 2017
I am currently an 18 year old actor in college, and I am starting to become incredibly bitter, as I am a baritone. It seems as the years move on, more and more teenage roles, (which is what I can play, looks wise) are the high tenors, and the baritones...
Delphi · 15 Nov 2017
Hi NYC based PARF's. Will leave for NYC tomorrow for college auditions. My DD just got her new headshots and we need to have printed there for her auditions. Not enough time here before we leave. Does anyone know of a printer who can do same day headshot printing? We need to have them print her resume as well. Th…
Stage 32 · 13 Nov 2017
Hello fam, I have a question that may seem odd or maybe I’m just feeling so brand-new. I’m a writer/author and I have not done any acting jobs. I do public speaking quite a bit and have a pretty solid side career from those gigs. Today marks the seventh or eighth time a producer has been interested in is if my scri…
Stage 32 · 10 Nov 2017
If you're an actor in LA, this would be a good move for you. You might even get in a movie with me. Jus sayin!
Reddit · 10 Nov 2017
To be clear I am referring to the people primarily known for acting in commercials, like Flo in the Progressive ads.
Backstage · 9 Nov 2017
My agent recommended looking into taking improv at the Nerdist studio; apparently they're one of the newer but also well regarded improv schools? Has anyone taken any classes from them, improv or otherwise? I have already taken classes at Second City and Groundlings in the past.
Backstage · 7 Nov 2017
Who out there creates their own content (whether it be between jobs or just for fun/something to do on your own)? Do your personal projects help fulfill you creatively? Do they take up a lot of time? What kind of steps do you take, and what kind of hurdles do...
Stage 32 · 1 Nov 2017
I guess the reason I'm asking this question is because in Barbados, it's not easy to get theater gigs and I truly love acting. The thrill of getting to be a totally different person from your rather boring life excites me a bit. It's like bring a one dimensional character to life.
Backstage · 31 Oct 2017
Just played my credited role in a feature film. Here are some of the things I learned/noticed on set: Be on time! You don't want to be the reason everyone is behind schedule! Listen! Listen to instructions from crew and the director to better your performance (and your safety) on...
Backstage · 31 Oct 2017
Has anyone ever taken a master class with a celebrity? Did you found it helpful? Did you make any connections? Get good feedback? Make any connections? Lots of questions.
Delphi · 31 Oct 2017
Anyone use Movie Pass? It's a subscription service where you pay $9.95 and are eligible for 1 movie ticket per day, each day of the month. This article explains some of the ups / downs. https://www.forbes.com/sites/robcain/2017/10/25/raising-my-guidance-on-moviepass-to-4-stars-out-of-5-up-from-3-stars/#23ee932f1fe1…
Backstage · 28 Oct 2017
Hello guys !! I am a beginner in this field and very much in need of a good instructor in acting!! Advise a good teacher or courses please! and I'm very interested, did all of you have acting lessons or did someone do without it? Los angeles
Backstage · 27 Oct 2017
Hi, I'm Yentl and I'm in need of some headshots. I know a headshot is really important and I want it to look high-quality but still be affordable for someone who is entering the business. Any recommendations in New York? My price range would be $100 - $400. Thank you...
Backstage · 25 Oct 2017
Does anyone have any 'go to' places for monologues? I'm familiar with Backstage's Monaloguer and Stage Agent - http://stageagent.com/monologues, but i'm always looking for new places and options, thanks!!