Acting forums, all in one place

19,651 posts from Reddit, Stage 32, the Backstage community and Delphi, newest first. Every title links out to the original thread.

Reddit

Reddit · 6 Mar 2019

Setting up a website (actor/photographer/videographer)

Hi all, I'm an actor and photographer/videographer who has currently reached the point in my career where I feel it would be appropriate with a professional website. My only question is I'm unsure if I should just make one website with my name, and include all my professions, or if I should separate it into two website…

Reddit

Reddit · 6 Mar 2019

Netflix jobs

Hi everyone. I’m 21 and considering dropping out of college to pursue acting in LA. I was wondering from You all how hard it truly is with little experience, high hopes, and acting classes already found and paid for to become a netflix actor? Is it as impossible as everyone says?

Reddit

Reddit · 6 Mar 2019

Is an agent a good judge of your acting?

So I have really good reps who I've been with for YEARS and believe in me who get me out constantly. I recently received a self-tape request for a sci-fi role, the dialogue is muted with personality (think Star Trek-style), and I really love this genre so I made sure to get a good tape together. I LOVED my self tape, t…

Reddit

Reddit · 6 Mar 2019

Directors reaction to my scene?

I tend to have a hard time reading people... So my class practiced a play. My character has a small role in the 3 character play, but I show the most range of emotions. My character goes from crying one second, to laughing the next. It's challenging, but rewarding... Today, we practiced our play in front of the directo…

Reddit

Reddit · 6 Mar 2019

[Hiring] Talented actor wanted to host a YouTube show

I'm looking for a talented actor/actress who can host a YouTube show. You must have the ability to film and upload videos to us. We provide scripts for each episode however improvisation is a plus. Budget: Negotiable > 50 USD or profit share. Please send us links to **your previous acting skills or create a video demon…

Reddit

Reddit · 6 Mar 2019

Branding Survey about my Type

Hello /r/acting! I was asked to conduct a survey about my type as an actor and was hoping you could help me out! ​ This is the link: [https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfhMGDW\_xEfTmJ8wULDJ0I7WM6drpZA-E2LaX1hsW-rLZGOsg/viewform](https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfhMGDW_xEfTmJ8wULDJ0I7WM6drpZA-E2La…

Stage 32

Stage 32 · 5 Mar 2019

Actress seeking representation

Hello everyone, I am an actress looking for a manager/agent. In advance thank you so much for reading my post and providing feedback. Can anyone give me advice on how to find a good agent? What should I look for in an agent? Other than photos, what do agents want to see such as reels, etc...? Once again, thank you for…

Reddit

Reddit · 5 Mar 2019

Voices123 - is it worth it?

Hi All - Voice actor here just starting out in this space. I've been taking some VO classes and recording copy in my own home studio - but i really want to start actually auditioning! SO far I'm hearing a lot of people are suggesting Voices123 is the better platform to use. Cost considered, Is it worth it? I've yet to…

Reddit

Reddit · 5 Mar 2019

The Fixers Casting Call

***The Fixers (Series)*** A proof of concept trailer for the fixers (link below for reference) has been made and we now move onto creating an episodic series. Most of episode one has been recorded and I am looking to expand the cast / variety of voice actors we have. All are welcome. In total, there are probably about…

Reddit

Reddit · 5 Mar 2019

Help meee

Okay so I have a dilemma- I'm currently doing a BA in Theatre and I'm *kind of* enjoying it but also part of me wants to switch to history as I feel like I'm more interested in that as an academic subject... but I also want to at least try out being an actor at some point and I'm worried a lack of degree will prevent m…

Reddit

Reddit · 5 Mar 2019

Father with established reputation looking for work.

My father, 67, who I will not name here for sake of privacy, has been working as a narrator for the past twenty or so years, and has been a stage and television actor for longer. He is now interested in motion capture work for video games and animation. Does anybody have any advice for union workers on where to get sta…

Reddit

Reddit · 5 Mar 2019

Help!

Do I have to go to go to college to become a successful actor or can I move to LA and start acting courses at a good acting school?

Reddit

Reddit · 4 Mar 2019

Acting is stupid

Does anyone else feel like those close to them think that their dream of being an actor is stupid? I (F 23) dont have any actor friends as I'm just starting out but whenever I talk to my family/friends about my plans as an an actor, I get the sense that they think it's all stupid, but they of course wont say it. A bit…

Reddit

Reddit · 4 Mar 2019

Does an interview have a huge bearing on getting into an acting program?

I auditioned for my first choice SUNY purchase about a week ago and they asked me "why acting" in my interview and whenever I'm asked that question by my friends I completely go off on how important acting is to me. However. when they asked me that I could only say how I got this feeling everytime i performed and the f…

Reddit

Reddit · 4 Mar 2019

Small role, looking for actor

Hello all, I'm not sure if this is allowed or not, apologies for any infractions. I'm looking for someone to play a small role. Asian male, athletic build is all that is required. DM me if interested. edit: In the Winston Salem, NC area

Reddit

Reddit · 4 Mar 2019

Going to acting school?

Hi everyone. Ever since I was six years old and saw Jurassic Park for the first time I have dreamt of becoming an actor. However I sort of convinced myself over the years that I should have a normal job and live a normal life, but now I am 18 years and have studied Economics in "gymnasiet" (Swedish high school) and rea…

Reddit

Reddit · 4 Mar 2019

Daily (full time) Acting Classes in LA (or maybe Europe?)

Hi, I’m currently living in LA and I’m just starting out. I took 2 month beginner intensive class in NYC, also took UCB improv 101 here in LA and signed up for 201. I did my homework and researched/audit acting classes in LA. From what I see most of the classes are “ ongoing “ and meet only 1-2times a week. Correct me…

Reddit

Reddit · 4 Mar 2019

I had the chance to ask a famous actor of what he thought about Atlanta vs LA

At a local con, there were plenty of actors and voice actors. I got to ask one who was well known, had acted in many mainstream films, what he thought of Atlanta vs LA as far as film opportunity. His response was that LA has a more serious scene and if I wanted to continue pursuing acting seriously , I should relocate…

Reddit

Reddit · 3 Mar 2019

Just moved into a class with working actors and I've been so nervous every week

I started the Beginner's course in September and have moved into the 3rd level with people who are, yes, in the beginning of their careers, but have years of experience and work. I'm just so nervous to mess up or be bad in front of them. I'm about to go do a scene and a monologue in a few hours and my mind is racing.

Reddit

Reddit · 3 Mar 2019

Anybody know actors with Type 1?

Was wondering if there is a little community of type 1 diabetics in or around LA, and if they’d be interested in meetups, rehearsals, whatever. Even if not in LA, maybe creating a group online or just exchanging stories/ideas on here. I’ve always had a goal of writing a feature or episodic with all Diabetic characters,…

Reddit

Reddit · 3 Mar 2019

Social media

Every so often, people post on here about social media as it relates to our careers. Wanted to post this to start an open discussion on do’s and dont’s, what’s appropriate and what’s not, etc...if anybody is interested in discussing. Edit to add: another thing I see new actors do a lot is not understand what they can a…

Reddit

Reddit · 3 Mar 2019

Outboard pre-amp portable for digital recorder or swap for high-end audio interface?

Hi all, I'd say I'm an intermediate home voice actor trying to get more professional work. My current setup is very simple; an AKG c414 with a short XLR to a Tascam DR-100 mkIII recorder. I record onto an SD card then transfer to mac for editing in Audacity. The mic has an option to leave headroom; I've switched it off…

Reddit

Reddit · 3 Mar 2019

Anyone have any tips on combating extreme and sudden self-doubt, and also connection?

Hello! My first post in this sub. I love seeing all of you lovely, talented people in here. I’ve been having an extremely hard time separating my work from my already kind-of-rough mental stability. I could be having a great day in all aspects. Feeling like I’m rocking the craft and all of a sudden I’ll get the thought…

Reddit

Reddit · 2 Mar 2019

Advice Needed

I (M25) will working in a short film later this year. The genre is action/thriller. I am supposed to do some fight sequences with my co-actor. Since this is my first time performing action scenes, I would like to take some tips from here. Also, where can I find people or acting partners who would be interested to pract…

Reddit

Reddit · 2 Mar 2019

General advice about background acting. Also I apologize if this is asked often

I have a meeting scheduled at Central Casting in NY in 12 days. Aside from my ID and birth certificate is there anything else I should bring? Is there a fee for registering as a non union member or do I just show up at the meeting and listen carefully? I’ve noticed they want people to come in dressed in a sort of forma…

Reddit

Reddit · 2 Mar 2019

How do you deal with erection during sex scene?

Hi all, As I have explained in my [previous reddit](https://www.reddit.com/r/acting/comments/arnvvp/im_an_actor_and_shooting_a_sex_scene_in_a_month/) I have 3 sex scenes with my co-star. She's also my friend's wife. I'm feeling very embarrassed and uncomfortable. We have done 2 tests. Director decided to put the final…

Reddit

Reddit · 2 Mar 2019

Change - Canada (Vancouver) or America (NYC)?

Hi everyone. Long time lurker here, just created a side account to ask this because I feel silly for even entertaining the idea of pursuing acting as a real job. I'm from Australia and I've always dreamed of living in New York - mainly because of the many times I watched Spider-Man as a kid and that it's dubbed, well,…

Reddit

Reddit · 2 Mar 2019

Advice pls!

I (M25) will working in a short film later this year. The genre is action/thriller. I am supposed to do some fight sequences with my co-actor. Since this is my first time performing action scenes, I would like to take some tips from here. Also, where can I find people or acting partners who would be interested to pract…

Reddit

Reddit · 1 Mar 2019

How does an MFA student get selected?

I’ve noticed that most MFA students I have seen or encountered are generally considered “attractive” by society’s standards. Also, I did a little research on some actors and it suggests that you don’t need that much professional credits to get in. Say you were part of the admission staff that auditions the prospective…

Reddit

Reddit · 1 Mar 2019

How to prepare for your actor headshots

Hi guys, I'm new to this sub, I'm Roberto Vivancos, actor and photographer specialised in headshots. I am starting a blog on my website and wanted to share one of the first articles that I have posted that my clients receive when they are coming for a headshots session and wanted to hear your feedback, thank you ! [htt…

Reddit

Reddit · 1 Mar 2019

A little worried..

So I auditioned for my very first film project ( a thesis film) and it went well in my opinion. After the audition, they talked about my interest and what is my major and etc. Then they talked about if I had any acting experience, I said yes, and that I am also rehearsing for a production right now. Will that affect my…

Reddit

Reddit · 1 Mar 2019

Anyone have good tips for getting frequent work as a Sag Aftra Actor in LA?

I use La Casting all the time I gets stuff there, I just joined a month ago which is awesome the pickings are slow. I don't know any other good sites or resources to pull from. Im going to register with Bill Dance next Tuesday but that's it. Unfortunately I was recently suspended from Central because I was late to a gi…

Reddit

Reddit · 1 Mar 2019

Does anyone here work as a Bonobos Customer Service Ninja?

I was looking for a new job to keep living the hustle and I saw that the position and I sort of matched up. Not too different from my previous jobs but then i found out there was an actor on backstge who worked for them and did an interview saying it was flexible and then I saw some other people list that as a job whil…

Reddit

Reddit · 1 Mar 2019

Post not going through

If any moderators see this post, I am new to reddit and am an actor seeking other like minded people and a support group. I recently posted a headshots asking for feedback, and the post can’t be found under the new page. Is this normal? Thank you!

Reddit

Reddit · 28 Feb 2019

Headshot-Age Range-Character Type Post - Feb 28

Use this thread to post your headshots for feedback, get info on your age range/type, find good headshot photographers, ask any questions you may have about headshots. If you are posting a DIY headshot for feedback, and not just a snapshot in order to get feedback on your age range/type/etc, it is advised that you do a…

Reddit

Reddit · 28 Feb 2019

We need casting sites for the UK for our sidebar

Hey folks! We've got some US-centric casting sites (Actor's Access, Backstage, etc) in our sidebar but we need things for the UK since plenty of people over there frequent the sub. Help us out and list the best ones here!

Reddit

Reddit · 28 Feb 2019

Wanted: Female voice for indie game narrator/radio companion. [PAID]

Hey! I'm reaching out to try and find a female voice actor to play the role of the narrator/radio companion in our game. The character in question can talk to the player's character but the player character can't talk back, meaning that the role involves a lot of monologues and essentially takes on the form of a one si…

Reddit

Reddit · 28 Feb 2019

Business Cards

Have any of you had any luck with business cards? I’ve met a few actors who have had them and am curious if that seems like a worthwhile idea. I was about to give it a go, but wasn’t really sure how to go about it. I just had two headshots (one front, very different look on the back), and my name and email. Not sure wh…

Reddit

Reddit · 28 Feb 2019

If you were to estimate as a new actor (<1 year actively auditioning) how many times do you audition per month, and how often do you book?

I’m coming up on my 10th month of actively auditioning with my talent agency, and although my agent gets me a lot of auditions, (a lot being maybe 2 a week if it’s a good week/month, as I’m in the Seattle market) I feel like I’m just not booking. I’ve never booked through an in-person audition, and the only things I’ve…

Reddit

Reddit · 28 Feb 2019

Self-Submission and an Agency

I submitted myself for a role on actors access which was received and accepted. They asked for my agents info and email to confirm. I do have an agency on there however since it was a self submission, do I still have to give them my agents information? Thank you Edit: I’ll loop them in, I appreciate it guys.

Reddit

Reddit · 28 Feb 2019

I want to start.

I've been acting since elementary up until I graduated high school about 8 months ago. Although I never gave it a legitimate thought I have a deep passion for acting and would love to make a career out of it. Any advice for someone like me who has the experience but just doesn't know where to start? I am located in Hou…

Reddit

Reddit · 28 Feb 2019

Uk/Irish Actors- Need your help- Agency question

Hey all, This question is more specifically aimed at Actors in this market. I'm a hardworking and skilled Actor. I've done alot of training ( although not a 3 yr drama school) and I have really good footage, showreel and have been professionally cast and have pro credits. I was previously with a top agency in London af…

Reddit

Reddit · 28 Feb 2019

Breaking Talent Agent Contract/Pay Question

Hello! I’m consistently booking paid student and short films, and even getting auditions for larger projects on known networks by submitting myself via Backstage & ActorsAccess. My talent agency (P) is a new agency that I signed with earlier this month after they parted ways with my previous agency (G) and I chose to g…