Backstage · 10 Jun 2019
Where to Find New Rep
Hi All, I'm really over a lot of my songs in my book and I'm not the best at finding new rep for myself. Does anyone have any recommendations on where they go/who they contact to get new stuff? Thanks!
19,653 posts from Reddit, Stage 32, the Backstage community and Delphi, newest first. Every title links out to the original thread.
Backstage · 10 Jun 2019
Hi All, I'm really over a lot of my songs in my book and I'm not the best at finding new rep for myself. Does anyone have any recommendations on where they go/who they contact to get new stuff? Thanks!
Reddit · 10 Jun 2019
I live in Prince Edward Island (Canada) and to my knowledge there’s not a single acting agency in the province. I’m wondering if - in general - agents are willing to take on an actor if they live in different province than them? Or even just rather far from them? (Apologies if I did any of this wrong, I’ve never posted…
Reddit · 10 Jun 2019
I was thinking about how a good actor cant really become famous or popular if they star in a bad movie because everyone will hate it. But what if an actor isn't very good but stars in an extremely popular movie or show? I've seen little youtube skits and what not where the actors seem really passionate and good about t…
Reddit · 10 Jun 2019
Hello All, I'm looking for some genuine feedback on my very first project. I've watched a lot of videos on what it would take to be a voice actor / narrator. The one that got me started was Sean Pratt's "So... You want to be an audiobook narrator". This is not being done for any financial gain. I'm pursuing this as a p…
Reddit · 10 Jun 2019
I've seen this question before but it was quite a while ago so I thought I'd ask again: can anyone recommend some really great classes in Sydney Australia? There are plenty of crappy classes in Syd (ironically ones held at a world famous school) and I'd like to know if there are any that are actually recommended. I'd p…
Reddit · 10 Jun 2019
After a few decades of not acknowledging how people have commented on my voice in a very positive manner, I have decided to relinquish to the compliments and accept that I am blessed with a unique trait. Describing my current emotional range verbally and facially as ‘stoic’ would be a compliment. For example: After yea…
Reddit · 10 Jun 2019
Hi! I am new here, I wondered if i could get some advice? If this isn't allowed I apologize! I have just gotten into SCP's I didn't know they existed for a long time, somehow. I am loving them. I have read from the beginning up to about SCP 010 and I wondered what it would be like to encounter these things. I'm sure it…
Reddit · 10 Jun 2019
So I did a lot of acting growing up (School & Church) and now I want to go further as in being an actor on the screen (Feature films, tv shows, commercials etc ) but don’t know where can I locate an audition
Reddit · 10 Jun 2019
I Have a bit of free time in between projects. So i am willing to do so free voice acting based on size of project for the experience and overall love of the job. I am a male voice actor and can shift my voice to fit many rolls. So if you need any information or want to see if i can fit one of your characters just send…
Reddit · 10 Jun 2019
Hello, I just started trying to get background work. I registered with a company called Extras Access because it's affiliated with Actor's Access (their link is on Actor's Access site.) Today, they sent me a couple of links to look at for my consideration. However, after I click that I think I could fit the BG role and…
Reddit · 10 Jun 2019
How did you prepare? What was the guidance from the director? I'm afraid that I'm not going to do well in one take, and getting ready takes time. Not sure how many takes we'll have, but it will guarantee me a close up. Also, did you use that scene in your showreel? A friend told me that it's important to show different…
Backstage · 9 Jun 2019
If I am in a production, I want other casting directors to know I've been cast before. However, what should I do if that play is still in rehearsal? Should I add it to my acting resume before I've technically performed it? And if I do, should there be some...
Backstage · 9 Jun 2019
I would like to help my 6 year old get started with modeling. But I don't really know where to get started. It is a bit overwhelming looking at various agency websites and not really knowing anything about them. Can anyone recommend a reputable modeling agency for kids near Tucson,...
Reddit · 9 Jun 2019
Hi, I’ve recently been wondering a few things... 1. I see a lot of BTS for shows and bloopers, does the production team not get annoyed or tired? How long would an actor have to ace a scene without the production team getting annoyed? 2. How long do you get to learn a script? 3. What extra help or guidance do you get o…
Reddit · 9 Jun 2019
Alright, so I have been voice acting online for over two years now, and I was recently told by someone that I should never use vocal fry. Here's my question: what's so bad about using it once in a while? I hear professional voice actors with deep and gritty voices use it all the time and nobody seems to mind. It's comp…
Reddit · 9 Jun 2019
I've been e-mailing agents recently, and I haven't fared too well in terms of responses. Out of 8, I had two responses that said they are not interested. The other 6 haven't responded. Here's a copy, tell me what you think - cheers! Dear **(insert name)**, I’m an actor writing to **(agency name)** seeking representatio…
Reddit · 9 Jun 2019
The title says it all. I think this is a good discussion to have, as it sometimes feels like you have to give up having a family unless you’re already famous.
Reddit · 9 Jun 2019
Hello, What is an ideal place for actors to meet outside of work? Thank you.
Reddit · 9 Jun 2019
Hey guys. I had an auditin recently where I was sweating and blushing a lot. However, the performance was strong. The beats and reactions I gave were all strong since I filmed myself mutliple times before the audition and I felt the energy and everything was where I wanted it while performing it. I was a bit self consc…
Reddit · 8 Jun 2019
Been trying to find out who voices who in the old PS2 game "Dragon Rage" for a website, does anyone know anything? I'm pretty sure that Kath Soucie voiced Adara, but I'm not entirely sure?
Reddit · 8 Jun 2019
Got my first website going. It appears that I really need to work on my conversational reads for adverts/spots though. I will be making many new demos soon anyways, I guess these are better than having none while I go for small gigs right? My voice is so freaking stuck in between the radio/announcer style right now! I…
Reddit · 8 Jun 2019
Actors have a lot of other attributes that comes along with their training. What do you think those are? Time management, collaboration, etc?
Reddit · 8 Jun 2019
I’m not and professional actor but though you guys could really help. I feel like we’ve all had the time where we flubbed on an interview by portraying and lack of confidence despite the skill we may have. I also bet we’ve had social situation where we know how we’re supposed to act but fail at acting that way. To all…
Reddit · 8 Jun 2019
I never understood why no one talks about what happens if no one attends them.
Reddit · 8 Jun 2019
Hey, I was wondering if there are any online groups, forums, pages, etc. for UK actors, like this subreddit but specifically for UK based performers? Thanks!
Reddit · 8 Jun 2019
Henry Jaderlung or other casting director making you sign up for "Casting Hive?" Its bullsh\*t and don't get scammed. The website is trash. Once you sign up, there is no way to cancel or even ACCESS billing information OR contact information! There are no casting notices posted, or anything remotely useful to actor. It…
Reddit · 7 Jun 2019
Have you ever used some christian imagery to access emotions for your roles? What images did you use? What was the emotion they produced?
Reddit · 7 Jun 2019
So... I've been tolerating my co-actor’s antics for the past two months. Thing is, I really can't stand how she's so overly direct when expressing her opinions. She forces her ideas on me and when I try to rebut, she reacts aggressively all the time. I've grown to really dislike working with her, but the show must go o…
Reddit · 7 Jun 2019
I want to make a career investment and buy a nice video camera. I write and create my own content, and want my work to be higher quality than what I get with my IPhone 6S, as I will be moving to LA within the next couple years and need footage. I am looking for quality over cheap price - so I’m willing to save up and p…
Reddit · 7 Jun 2019
Moving here this summer! Was wondering how Van Nuys would be.
Reddit · 7 Jun 2019
I've been looking into voice-over acting (specifically audiobook recording). I work in media and a part of my job is hosting a animated show. I think VO work might be a great compliment. But then I see deepfake audio stuff like this: [https://www.theverge.com/2019/5/17/18629024/joe-rogan-ai-fake-voice-clone-deepfake-de…
Reddit · 7 Jun 2019
I recently became SAG eligible and I'm looking for an agent in my city. This one looks really good but their contact page says "Submission by industry referral only." I believe this means I need a referral from someone in the industry. I know a few actors with lots of credits, but they're not represented by the same ag…
Reddit · 7 Jun 2019
Hi all, I'm an actor in Northern California and was curious to see what your thoughts are on my situation as far as when to move to LA. As far as experience goes: - I've been in an ongoing scene study class for about a year and a half. - I've been with an agent for a little over half a year in this market and audition…
Reddit · 7 Jun 2019
Audrey Helps Actors episode 12: Momentum, most recent season. Posted May 27, 2019. One of the better episodes I’ve heard recently. Talks about feeling behind your peers and how important life experiences really are. That even starting later in life could actually have you ahead of your peers who have been acting for ye…
Reddit · 7 Jun 2019
Hey everyone, first time poster here so making a little bit of history for myself. Tomorrow I'm going to be on my first film set as an actor, and I've ended up being cast as the male lead in the film. It's a student short film, about 10 minutes long. I've learned my lines but no rehearsals were held for some reason and…
Reddit · 6 Jun 2019
I recently performed a scene in front of two groups of agents, some top tier, some boutique. I’ve done it before with mixed results, but I have gotten very encouraging feedback before, when I performed a monologue. This time I did a scene from a different movie, but one I’d worked on in class and gotten good feedback f…
Reddit · 6 Jun 2019
Use this thread to post your headshots for feedback, get info on your age range/type, find good headshot photographers, ask any questions you may have about headshots. If you are posting a DIY headshot for feedback, and not just a snapshot in order to get feedback on your age range/type/etc, it is advised that you do a…
Reddit · 6 Jun 2019
Hi guys, I'm an actress and filmmaker from the EU. Due to visa regulations, I can't legally stay in the US for longer than 3 months or work there. But, since L.A. is where the industry is, I would love to go for a while and take acting classes or workshops. I've found MANY. Not all of them seem legit. Maybe some of you…
Reddit · 6 Jun 2019
I was usually cast as bit parts in my drama days. While I would do my best in these parts, I realized that even if I was the best guard #2 in the world, (as oppose to a mediocre one), few would notice or care. As I gained a few lines here and there over the years, I have often wondered this question. How much of a chan…
Reddit · 6 Jun 2019
My husband is an actor and loves it, it’s definitely his passion. His birthday is next month and I’d love to get him something acting-wise. Is there a book or anything that you found helpful? Or really anything! Thanks!
Backstage · 5 Jun 2019
Hey there, I need mentor to guide me for my resume, headshot, reel. I appreciate if you can help me!!
Reddit · 5 Jun 2019
I am currently a San Francisco/Bay Area based actor (a little over a year of representation and some short film credits) and have an opportunity to live in NYC (rent-free!) for 3 months this coming late Summer-early Fall. Other than just getting to experience life in NYC, I've been trying explore options to study actin…
Reddit · 5 Jun 2019
Little back story, I graduated from a 6 month course at John Casablanca’s. It taught me lots and gave me a lot of confidence performing in front of people. I was recommended by JC at the end of the course to sign with this MTM agency. That fell through and I never signed any contract with them because they were poorly…
Reddit · 5 Jun 2019
Hello, Reddit! I'm 17 years old. I'm just beginning to learn acting and I want to be a great actor, not because of money and fame, but because I want to inspire people and make them feel what a movie should be all about. But there's a little bit of problem... I'm skinny. Will it be a problem to skinny people who passio…
Reddit · 5 Jun 2019
I know my goal should be trying to make it in my own country, but I want to try to make it in movies in other countries as well. Part of it is me wanting to see the world and part of it is me loving foreign culture and cinema. I love to watch movies from countries like Korea, Japan, Germany, China, India, and Norway ju…
Reddit · 5 Jun 2019
I am 15 years old, and quite experienced for my age (supporting character in Netflix original, guest role on a show with a very well known cast, both of these series are yet to be released). I've heard a bit about the importance of joining acting unions, in Australia (where I'm based) it's called actors equity I think.…
Reddit · 5 Jun 2019
Hey guys, I'm a Music Tech student tasked with recreating a scene from a chosen piece of media. I am to take a clip, remove the audio from said clip and then produce and record my own by any means whether that be recording instruments or Foley art mainly. I have chosen a scene from the game "The Last Of Us" and am hopi…
Reddit · 5 Jun 2019
I just had Melissa Hutchison on my podcast to talk about her voice acting career, the impact of her role as Clementine, fans' emotional response to The Walking Dead, and the experience of the final season with Telltale Games' sudden closure last year. Check it out, she is awesome :) [https://puttin-in-work-with-jono-pe…