Acting forums, all in one place

19,654 posts from Reddit, Stage 32, the Backstage community and Delphi, newest first. Every title links out to the original thread.

Reddit

Reddit · 10 Sep 2019

I still get paid for the movie I was cut from

Not sure if this is inspirational or just something to share. My first gig out of theatre school in 2000 was a movie directed by someone who made some great 90s films and starred some 90s great stars. I had this scene where I got made up with a whole bunch of fake piercings and then got to improv with the male lead. We…

Reddit

Reddit · 10 Sep 2019

Looking for Voice Actors

Hi everyone, My Name is Hazy, And I'm looking for VAs for A WebSeries I'm making called The Internet Factory. I can't promise pay for The pilot, But I'll be able to after I finish The Pilot. For any questions, Please contact **Internet Factory#5422** on Discord. Thank You. ​ [https://docs.google.com/presentation…

Reddit

Reddit · 10 Sep 2019

Acting as a lifestyle

Hey Reddit Actors! What are some ways to prepare yourself as an actor? In terms of lifestyle choices such exercises, diet, habits or routines. Thanks a bunch :D

Reddit

Reddit · 9 Sep 2019

Non-Union applying for SAG?

So I was looking at ActorsAccess and I see that shows like 13 Reasons Why and Riverdale are listed as "SAG" on there, can non-unions send in auditions for the SAG movies? Could you get a recurring role on a SAG film despite not being SAG yourself? Would I just automatically apply for SAG right after being casted? Would…

Reddit

Reddit · 9 Sep 2019

Help Me Help You

Hello everyone!! I am a casting assistant and actress and I make YouTube videos giving advice to aspiring actors and answering questions that we all have! I’ve been in the industry for over 10 years and I just really want to help others feel confident in their auditions and in their career choices. That said, what topi…

Reddit

Reddit · 9 Sep 2019

Do big talent agencies only sign SAG actors/actresses?

Do agencies like UTA, MGMT, WMA, CAA, Paradigm, MKS&D, AEFH, etc only sign actors who are SAG? Or do they recruit Non-Union actors and hope the casting directors they send them to audition for would "Taft-Hartley" you if you get the part? Would they sign Non-Union actors who are SAG-eligible but not SAG?

Reddit

Reddit · 9 Sep 2019

heavy crying, real emotion

I'm looking for female voice acting for heavy crying. This will need to be 'real' heavy crying, with sobbing, wailing etc. I tried hiring off a website or two but ended with just badly acted whining so hoping to find real voice actors here. The person who could deliver would be someone with emotional ranges of real gri…

Reddit

Reddit · 9 Sep 2019

Memorizing tips for ADHD actor

Hey, I have ADHD and I don’t take medication for it as my parents never let me as a kid and now the waiting list for getting reassessed and medicated is about two years lol. As a result I have very poor short term memory. Does anyone have any tips on memorizing texts? I’m so jealous of my friends who can just read some…

Reddit

Reddit · 9 Sep 2019

Actors Daily/Weekly Routine? Tips

Hello, i would love to know what you all do when it comes to your routines that help you. Monologues, Scripts, Exercise.

Reddit

Reddit · 9 Sep 2019

I'm looking for a voice actor for my short movie.

Project Title: The Secret Treasure Contact: Message Me If Interested Deadline: 15th of September. Plot Summary: The Overworld is at threat, but when all hope seems lost, Noah and Violet find a book that might just turn it around. Character Name: Violet Character Description: Smart, good at building houses and is good a…

Reddit

Reddit · 9 Sep 2019

Joining SAG Need Advice

So I’ve recently joined SAG and I’m not fully sure I on how to pay off my dues or how it even works really. I mean, I guess it should be noted that got in SAG through work on sets and receiving a Taft Hartley. I could just google it but I wanted to hear from some fellow working up and coming actors. Does anyone know ho…

Reddit

Reddit · 9 Sep 2019

Looking to recast mascot voice (Unpaid)

Hi. I’m a cartoonist who wants to start working on their internet presence. I’m currently looking to recast the role of the male half of my mascot duo. This isn’t a role for just one project specifically, it’s a role for a multitude of projects that’ll feature the character. If you don’t think you can commit to returni…

Reddit

Reddit · 8 Sep 2019

Male teen actors without body hair?

I am 18 years old and acting but I have realized that when watching most movies, TV shows, or whatever, most actors aged like 17-21 have no arm hair for sure and none or almost no leg hair. Do directors make you shave it off since it looks better for the screen and because a lot of people don't see teenagers with hairy…

Reddit

Reddit · 8 Sep 2019

looking

hi hello I'm trying to become a voice actor its been my dream for a while any tips

Reddit

Reddit · 8 Sep 2019

Casting /talent agency internship while pursuing acting?

Hi everyone! I was reading about Zazie Beetz and Camila Mendes and it seems they found their agents through internship connections. Zazie Beetz had an internship at an NYC casting agency which led to short films with Columbia's MFA faculty and a referral to her current agency, Gersh. Camila Mendes interned at Carson Ko…

Reddit

Reddit · 7 Sep 2019

Should I become an actor?

Hey everyone so I’ve been thinking about becoming an actor for awhile now I’m 18 and just graduated from high school I never did any high school theatre cause at the time acting never really been that interesting for me but a friend of mine said that acting in front of people can get rid of my social awkwardness and sh…

Reddit

Reddit · 7 Sep 2019

Voice acting

I never knew I wanted to be a voice actor till today, I don’t know if I’ll have to do school or not, I honestly don’t want to, but I don’t see any other way to be noticed until I do, I wanna be a voice actor so I can meet bigger people and work with them, raise money for other communities and other people, help my fami…

Reddit

Reddit · 7 Sep 2019

I want to be an actor but I have a really weak chin

I'm currently in drama school. I love acting, on stage or on camera. However, I'm insecure about the way I look, especially about the fact that I pretty much have no chin. I know it may sounds stupid but I'm really insecure about it and sometimes, not always, when I'm on stage it gets in the way of my acting. When I ha…

Reddit

Reddit · 7 Sep 2019

Timothee Chalamet

Hey guys, I would just really know what you think is so special about timothee chalamet Acting. It’s obvious that he is a once in a generation talent and has a love for acting and puts a lot of time into it. However, what do you guys think draws the viewer and makes him so damn relatable? I’ve noticed while watching hi…

Reddit

Reddit · 7 Sep 2019

Budget software/template for actors?

Looking for a google sheets template or a software which will support irregular income that we all experience as actors?

Reddit

Reddit · 7 Sep 2019

How can I find an agent as a newcomer without experience

Hello there! So I have recently moved to L.A. and have one curious question that I just can’t seem to get a straight answer to. How does one in L.A. get signed to an acting agent? I mean I have heard the stories of people moving here and then getting signed to agencies but how do they do that? Where do they go? Who do…

Reddit

Reddit · 7 Sep 2019

Looking for an unknown voice actor with a deep(ish) voice and (optional) British accent for new dark comedy web show. Must have a sense of humor, have the ability to improvise plus have your own microphone and recording software.

The role: play the voice of a polite demon who is also the narrator. Length: 1 season (10 episodes) each episode will be 12 - 30 minutes long. Pay: Only if the show takes off. This isnt a corporate show. It will be a small group of people trying to make something fun. But if it becomes popular, future pay is a very muc…

Reddit

Reddit · 7 Sep 2019

ATTENTION: Yes, becoming an actor IS POSSIBLE!

When I decided I wanted to pursue my dream to act, I was excited and anxious all rolled into one. "What do I need?, How do I find auditions?, Where do I learn what to do?", were all running through my brain at once. It was overwhelming and I began to wonder, "Is becoming an actor even possible at all?" Almost a decade…

Reddit

Reddit · 7 Sep 2019

any actors here have really bad anxiety? how do you cope with it?

i don’t mean general anxiety before a show or an audition because i’m pretty sure everyone has them, but anxiety really bad that it doesn’t make you sleep the night before an audition or show, and just anxiety that makes you shake in nervousness.

Reddit

Reddit · 6 Sep 2019

Voice Actor Looking for Work

Hello! Just a voice actor looking for some work :) If you have anything, you can find me here: [https://www.voices.com/talent/demos](https://www.voices.com/talent/demos) Have a wonderful day :)

Reddit

Reddit · 6 Sep 2019

Wanting to act but also having doubts

Hi,I have little to no acting experience. I was an extra on my friend's film which I'm pretty sure doesn't count. I have never played in any school theatre, etc. I have auditioned for 2 student films just for fun, but I don't think I was taking it seriously at the time and did a crap job. Now I'm changing my mind. I'm…

Reddit

Reddit · 6 Sep 2019

First time using Actors Access

I’m filling out my profile on Actors Access. I have a few questions: How important is it that I fill out the size card? I’ve been told to never list my weight- but is it necessary to fill out all the body measurements? Can you put training information in the Professional Biography (footer) section? I do not have any cr…

Reddit

Reddit · 6 Sep 2019

New voice actor!

Hello! I thought I'd just make a short post introducing myself. I've been stage acting non professionally for several years and singing semi professionally since I was a child. I also do spoken word poetry. I've never done any voice acting before but I've just moved into a place where I actually have my own room and ca…

Reddit

Reddit · 6 Sep 2019

Book recommendations for an actor boyfriend?

Hello! My partner has recently started college for acting and I was wondering if there are any textbooks or books that any of you actors out there would recommend as a gift? I'm so proud of him and would love to surprise him with something that isn't on the curriculum/is recommended by other actors but I know absolutel…

Reddit

Reddit · 5 Sep 2019

Some great ideas for marketing from the CA people

Casting About has been a really awesome resource for me and after helping me with an unrelated issue I asked their customer service for tips on using their info (they have info on projects casting and casting directors) and they answered with some cool stuff which I’m sharing here in case it’s helpful to anyone! Well,…

Reddit

Reddit · 5 Sep 2019

Should I keep my audition a secret from my friends?

Should I tell my friends about an open audition? I want to be a supportive person and try and let other people know about a good opportunity but at the same time I want to keep it a secret to create less competition. Should I tell anyone? Only actor friends?

Reddit

Reddit · 5 Sep 2019

Need voice actors

Hi there! It's the podcast girl again. Currently have 3 distinct podcasts. A talk show, a CYA (still in the writing phase), and one about scripted mini stories. The third one is why I'm here today. For the next episode I need a man with an older sounding voice. Someone who sounds old enough to be a father or a grandfat…

Reddit

Reddit · 5 Sep 2019

Director promised $200 for 4 shows and then added 8 shows. What can my friend do?

Posting this for an actress friend who doesn't have reddit. She recently joined a production for an interactive theater show that has had a lot of professional etiquette problems to say the least. The biggest ones are that they didnt give out the script until 2 weeks til the tech run and then are not having any rehears…

Reddit

Reddit · 5 Sep 2019

Does one bad self tape ruin relatiomship with agent?

I had an agent send me for an auditioN tape. I finished and uploaded it. I regret this very much since there two takes I nailed it down to. I couldn't decide so I gave her the take that in hindsight was unnatural. This was actually in regards to my comedy audition question previously. I didn't read the coments until af…

Reddit

Reddit · 5 Sep 2019

Software application to help actors/actresses

Hello All, I'm a junior software developer and I've had an idea that could potentially help actors/actresses in having continuous feedback on their acting, it's not a replacement for acting classes but it could potentially help some people in their acting career. Before i start creating this tool I'd like to get some f…

Reddit

Reddit · 5 Sep 2019

Headshot-Age Range-Character Type Post - Sep 5

Use this thread to post your headshots for feedback, get info on your age range/type, find good headshot photographers, ask any questions you may have about headshots. If you are posting a DIY headshot for feedback, and not just a snapshot in order to get feedback on your age range/type/etc, it is advised that you do a…

Reddit

Reddit · 5 Sep 2019

"The Burger King" (Unfairly downgraded?)

I got cast as the King in Burger King commercial at a set rate. This was my first job as a actor so everything is new to me. I did well in the suit and mascot helmet so the guy whom was in charge of the BK suit recommended me to his boss for another commercial shot that was the following week. This second commercial sh…

Reddit

Reddit · 5 Sep 2019

i honestly have no idea how any of you people make money from this, i've been pursuing this a few years and I still feel totally lost with how to be productive with my time

like, i wake up every day feeling lost, like i have no idea what i'm actually supposed to do, and i don't like feeling like that. i spend a lot of time emailing people. probably the majority of what i do. i just saw a business coach for the first time, was disappointing because i already know all this stuff, take targe…

Reddit

Reddit · 5 Sep 2019

I’ve always wanted to be a voice actor

This is something I’ve been passionate about for years, I can do silly voices and act out emotions! I just don’t know how to start and I would love anything I can get (just about anything lol). All help is appreciated!

Reddit

Reddit · 5 Sep 2019

Voice actor

Hi everyone, I am a voice actor looking for employment. I am fluent in English and Swahili. I have an American, Spanish and English accent. I am versatile and dynamic. I can change with the requirements of the project.