Acting forums, all in one place

19,644 posts from Reddit, Stage 32, the Backstage community and Delphi, newest first. Every title links out to the original thread.

Stage 32

Stage 32 · 6 Mar 2018

Female lead role

I'm directing SHREDDERS later this year! A fantastic #nobudget short film! We are looking for a Female lead! Is that you? Get applying! The script is great! It has action, horror and laughs! It's going to be amazing! Shredders on Mandy Actors https://actors.mandy.com/uk/job/468244/no-pay-female-actress-peggy-reynolds-s…

Stage 32

Stage 32 · 6 Mar 2018

Filmmaking and the Blockchain!

Cheers! I trust all is well with you and yours! Well, I'm a newbie to Stage 32 looking to make connections with film people world-wide.I've had some very modest success in film to date, but I'm looking to explore the horizon, push the edges of the envelope, if I can, and widen the playing field for everyone whose invol…

Reddit

Reddit · 6 Mar 2018

Is Los Angeles truly the greatest place to be as an actor?

Hi. I am from England and often see many British actors heading out to LA to continue their acting career. It seems that LA is the place to be for an actor, no matter where you are on the ladder of acting. I know that London is a great place for acting too, the same as New York, but it seems that LA truly trumps them b…

Reddit

Reddit · 6 Mar 2018

Theatre Networks for Youth and Teen Actors?

Hello! Full disclosure I'm an intern in the marketing department at the Stella Adler Studio of Acting in NY. We're looking into possible places we can reach youth and teen theatre groups and networks. I thought I'd ask you guys if you know any forums or online communities aside from all the theatre subreddits, thespian…

Reddit

Reddit · 6 Mar 2018

Can I act without memorizing lines?

Memorizing is my bane, I don't remember having memorized anything voluntarily since more than a decade ago, when school started becoming more about memorizing things and less about reasoning during highschool I dropped out because I couldn't do it, it feels terrible to memorize, I get stomach cramps from it for some od…

Reddit

Reddit · 6 Mar 2018

Toronto recommendations

Hi all! I've been active in this sub for a little while now. The recommendations such as casting sites (actor's access mainly) has been amazing and led to a surprising amount of auditions for having just a headshot! I've taken a small group class as well as taking some individual lessons for months now. That said, I'd…

Reddit

Reddit · 5 Mar 2018

Let's Collaborate (LA)

The biggest thing I have heard here in LA thus far is "make your own stuff." Great. Then let's do it. I am a highly trained actor with an eye for directing and a talent for writing. I want to collaborate with other talented and like-minded people in LA to make something successful and that has to be talked about in the…

Reddit

Reddit · 5 Mar 2018

actors access/showfax question

i'm such a moron sometimes - i just did my first submission for a role on actors access and only had my headshot and resume info on the submission. i didn't realize i was supposed to/could get the sides from showfax & send in a video audition. is it too late to go back and edit my submission? i can't figure it out.

Reddit

Reddit · 5 Mar 2018

First time posting

I really wanna become a actor but I’m scared to join my schools drama class . I know it will help out a lot with my goal of becoming a actor . Can someone tell me some good experiences they’ve had in there high-schools drama class ? And some tips they can give ?

Reddit

Reddit · 5 Mar 2018

TV and film actors: send me your breakdowns!

I’m a Ph.D. student studying casting breakdowns and I’m interested to see what kind of roles you’ve auditioned for recently. Survey is anonymous and should only take 5 minutes: http://bit.ly/2FhyQxU Please share!

Reddit

Reddit · 4 Mar 2018

An interesting discovery.

Hello wonderful people! Hope you’re all well this weekend. Getting ready for tomorrow’s Academy Awards!!!! (Eeeeekkkkkk) Anyway, quick message/plug. If you are: a) an aspiring actor looking for tips; b) an experienced actor just looking for peers and likeminded people; c) someone who wonders what the life of a non Holl…

Reddit

Reddit · 4 Mar 2018

I [24F] have always dreamt of becoming an actress but my direction in life I heading towards corporate business. Too scared to start and feel like it’s too late

I have always dreamed of becoming an actress. I have no real formal acting training, unless drama class in high school counts (which I know it really doesn’t). I grew up very academically minded and grades came before everything. I wasn’t even involved in many extracurricular activities other than piano lessons and “ac…

Reddit

Reddit · 4 Mar 2018

Worth it to try Actors Connection?

So I'm a college kid in NYC just starting out with acting. I don't really have much experience beyond high school theater and college acting courses. Is it worth it to take some actors connection intensives or will it be way above my skill level and a waste of money to just embarrass myself in front of the casting dire…

Reddit

Reddit · 4 Mar 2018

When do you first remember wanting to be an actor/actress?

For me, it was 2008-2009 so I was 12 or 13. This is embarrassing but Disney's movie Camp Rock had recently come out and after watching it, I became fascinated by the idea of acting and being on a set. It really got me looking into it but my interest eventually dwindled because of my severe lack of confidence at this ti…

Reddit

Reddit · 4 Mar 2018

Does dance help?

Hello- I'm an acting student. I'm very new and have to work passed a lot of timidness. I'm wondering if anyone has tried dance or movement classes? Any particular ones that are helpful for actors? I've seen that a lot of drama schools teach movement and dance as part of core curriculum. I'm pretty stiff honestly and th…

Stage 32

Stage 32 · 3 Mar 2018

Casting call - sarasota, florida

*CASTING CALL*Shooting on Sunday, March 18, 2018.Casting BOTH LEADS for student film "My Lovely Prince."Sarasota, FLCasting Dates:Thursday, March 8th, 2018 from 4:00-7:30 PM.Saturday, March 10th, 2018 from Noon-4 PM.Please contact me at ccharite@c.ringling.edu for more information and to schedule an audition as well as…

Reddit

Reddit · 3 Mar 2018

Acting Course After 12Th

Looking for Acting Course After 12th so you should to try in FCAI we will teach you acting syllabus how to get success in your career and become best actress or actor.

Reddit

Reddit · 3 Mar 2018

New to acting and need to submit an audition tape for a project. How do I do?

Perhaps this has been covered elsewhere but I submitted to a project on actors access (totally new to acting) not expecting to hear back. Well I guess I must look the part because now I’m supposed to submit an audition tape. I’ve been given some sides, character backgrounds, and a general outline of the story. As someo…

Reddit

Reddit · 3 Mar 2018

I think I'm "officially" non-equity.

Hi all, community theater actor outside of the major markets here. Last night was opening night on my first paid production (tips), and I took home twenty bucks. I gotta say it feels pretty damn good. Just wanted to share a small victory on the path. Thanks for listening, all.

Reddit

Reddit · 3 Mar 2018

Casting A Feature! Actors near and around Chicago please apply.

Hey, everyone, I'm casting a feature film. I have about 4 roles to cast. Two roles played by women in their early twenties and two roles by men in their early 20's to 30's. I'm not looking for anything specific. Just people willing to make a feature film. I'm looking for people who want to jump into their first or seco…

Reddit

Reddit · 2 Mar 2018

Actors that currently have uncashed checks from The Weinstein Company.

SAG-AFTRA has been working for several months with outside counsel to protect member interests in residuals payable by The Weinstein Company. As a bankruptcy filing in the next few weeks appears increasingly likely, we strongly encourage you to immediately cash any checks you may have from work performed on Weinstein t…

Reddit

Reddit · 2 Mar 2018

Theatre or Film course?

Hi, my goal is to be a film or television actor, and I want to study acting at college or university. Most of the courses seem to be theatre centric with some mention of working as a film actor. I have found some that teach acting for screen/film but they are not your standard BA in acting. I have seen that most famous…

Reddit

Reddit · 2 Mar 2018

Any KC area actors out there? Need help getting back into the acting scene.

I have an associates in film and stage acting from KD Conservatory in Dallas. I graduated in 2014 and haven’t done a lick of acting since. I got in touch with an agent from Hoffman back in 2015 but she just wanted me to pay for more classes so I backed out. But now after being out of it for so long a little training pr…

Reddit

Reddit · 2 Mar 2018

anybody want to start a lil script reading / filmmaking group in NYC?

repped union and breaking into tv/film in NYC at a painfully slow pace. i'd love to meet more actors, writers & directors in a similar boat, or maybe a step above & below that are interested in a weekly or monthly meet-up group to update their portfolio, network, and create passion projects for potential festival submi…

Reddit

Reddit · 2 Mar 2018

How much do physical imperfections matter in acting?

Like I've seen actors of all shapes, sizes, etc., no single one is perfect. But I still feel really self-conscious about my looks and whether they'll interfere with me being able to do acting work. I had an accident when I was a kid where I was cut near the front of my left eyebrow and it's pulled it down noticeably so…

Reddit

Reddit · 2 Mar 2018

how to release yourself from wanting an acting career?

i always wanted this and I sacrificed everything, for too long. i got rep, and union, but none of that means anything. my rep does nothing for me, they won't even pick up the phone for me. I see young rich actors pay money for workshops and book roles. i've realized this industry has legit become a lottery for rich peo…

Reddit

Reddit · 1 Mar 2018

Genuine advice needed!

M23 Well, I am a beginner actor. Since my childhood, I have always been a great fan of action movies. I like watching fight scenes and enjoy imitating them with my friends or siblings. In my university, I have imitated quite some fight scenes with my friends and have received positive reviews from them. Now, I think I…

Reddit

Reddit · 1 Mar 2018

Character Actress - Minority 101

I’m new to LA and will be signing up for background work this upcoming week. I have a background in comedy and mostly dry humor, but this was from live shows and self written/group produced material. I do not have a reel yet. I know 99% of the people here are extraordinarily attractive, mostly Caucasian and the few who…

Reddit

Reddit · 1 Mar 2018

Benefits of being signed to an agency in a city that isn't popular with film etc.?

So, I live in Houston, Texas. While Houston does have a very large theater scene the film/tv industry is almost non-existent here. The most I can find are auditions for short films, student films that typically don't fit my character. I should add that I am a black woman. There are more opportunities in cities like Dal…

Reddit

Reddit · 1 Mar 2018

Seth "MacFarlane" Net Worth 2018 - How much is Seth ... - globalization

Seth MacFarlane is an Actor, Singer, working in animation and comedy. Seth MacFarlane Net Worth is $200 Million. MacFarlane is the creator of the TV Series Family Guy (1999-Present). MacFarlane got his graduation degree from Rhode Island school of design. MacFarlane has performed as a singer at several venues. MacFarla…

Reddit

Reddit · 1 Mar 2018

Dwayne Johnson Net Worth: See How Much & The... World

Dwayne Douglas Johnson also Known as ‘’THE ROCK” is an American Actor, Producer, Professional Wrestler. Dwayne Johnson Net worth is $220Million. He sustained a successful career in wrestling. On his 17th year of professional wrestling, he became the WWE Champion after the most awaited and action-packed event in Wrestle…

Reddit

Reddit · 1 Mar 2018

Moving to LA just for the summer-- not specifically for acting, filmmaking rather, but I am an actor as well so I figured I might as audition some while I'm there. Need advice plz.

After reading some posts here the general consensus seems to be NOT to move to LA just for pilot season and expect success because agents will be busy and what not. However I am moving anyways to move in with filmmaking buddies so I might as well try while I'm there. I need to get new headshots for sure, but is there a…

Backstage

Backstage · 28 Feb 2018

Finding Monologues for Reel

I'm looking to put together a basic self-tape reel to at least have something to show off my skills, but am looking for material. What's the best resource(s) for finding 1-3 minute monologues? My background: male, late 20's/early 30's. I already have some decent gear (camera/lighting/sound) and editing software. Thank.…

Reddit

Reddit · 28 Feb 2018

Seriously what's my first step?

I've been contemplating becoming an actress for years but have never really dived in because I live in Arizona and there's not a whole lot of opportunities but this is the year I stop making excuses and give it my all. I've considered acting classes from the community college but I can't afford to be a full-time studen…

Reddit

Reddit · 28 Feb 2018

If anyone needs scenes from showfax let a girl know!

Yes I pay the yearly $68 on showfax and I remember being a poor actress living off ramen not being able to afford audition scenes on showfax. So if anyone needs me to email them a specific scene message me and I can help out! Just trying to give back to the acting community!!!

Reddit

Reddit · 28 Feb 2018

Tips on an actor trying to get back out there? Agent/submitting advice.

So I’m a [f/20] I’m from LA originally and I’m an actress. Back when I was 17/18 I had good agents that sadly stopped being an agent. I was at AKA talent agency... but my agent quit and became a yoga instructor and then I got signed with Pantheon but my agent quit because she booked a series regular on This is Us (Chri…

Reddit

Reddit · 28 Feb 2018

Work as an extra? (game of thrones)

So i recently signed up to an extra's agency - not thinking much about it. I received an availability check today for a list of dates from early March to late May - for Game of Thrones. I really want to do it, i feel like it would be an amazing experience. It's paid work, really not the best wage considering its a 12hr…

Backstage

Backstage · 27 Feb 2018

Branding help!

Hi there, I'm working on defining my branding/type before getting new headshots and would love if you could complete this survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/58JDMT9 If anyone else wants to do this, I'd be happy to complete your survey as well! Thanks, Loralee

Reddit

Reddit · 27 Feb 2018

Is a Meisner class really worth it?

Hi everyone! I’m not personally an actor, but my boyfriend is. He’s been taking Meisner classes for almost a year now. He seems really into it. He loves going to class and he’s even read all of Sanford Meisner on Acting (which is the first time I think I’ve ever seen him finish a book!) But he’s getting tired of having…

Reddit

Reddit · 27 Feb 2018

Anyone study at CFC (Canadian Film Centre gor Acting)?

I have no formal training other than a sketchy school a few years ago. I know that schools arent the gatekeeper to acting career but can be helpful. For those who studied here, what are your thoughts about it? Training quality, skills developed and if you feel you became a better actor? This year they introduced a tuit…

Reddit

Reddit · 27 Feb 2018

which is it the study plan of the actors studio school in ny?

which is it the study plan of the actors studio school in ny please? I'll never go to study in it but maybe I can read the books who they give to the students and other materials. can you you write me their study plan please? so I can try to organise myself to study as much as possible. thx