Reddit · 11 May 2018
Opinions! What are some special skills you think every actor should know?
Musical instruments? Basic MMA skills like kickboxing? Accents? What are your thoughts!
19,645 posts from Reddit, Stage 32, the Backstage community and Delphi, newest first. Every title links out to the original thread.
Reddit · 11 May 2018
Musical instruments? Basic MMA skills like kickboxing? Accents? What are your thoughts!
Reddit · 11 May 2018
Hey all, Wondering if there’s a good podcast for a guided warm-up for actors (physical or vocal), or if there’s a mindfulness / “checking in” /meditation podcast folks enjoy before working on material. Thanks!
Reddit · 11 May 2018
Khushali Kumar Marriage Status – She is the young lady of Gulshan Kumar, the coordinator of T-Series. Each Body knows her as a best Actor and Bollywood Celebrity she is moreover unmistakable in Public. She has an especially gigantic fan following on her web based systems administration profiles her father moreover a no…
Reddit · 11 May 2018
Each Body knows her as a best Actor and Bollywood Celebrity she is additionally prominent in Public. She has an exceptionally tremendous fan following on her online networking profiles her dad likewise a major VIP in India he sing a loads of reverential tunes of Lord Shiva he is a Legend in India every one of the gener…
Reddit · 11 May 2018
Khushali Kumar is the Daughter of Mr. Gulshan Kumar the organizer of T-Series, Khushali Kumar began her career as a Brand display she completed a-heaps of Brand item's ad on his T-Series channel. Khushali Kumar had a fantasy to be an acclaimed planner in her adolescence. In any case, Khushali Kumar innovative goals hav…
Reddit · 11 May 2018
Hi everyone, I am a SAG-AFTRA actor with an interest in moving to Atlanta. I'm curious to know if anyone has recommendations for solid, affordable acting classes in the city. Classes I've heard about: Actor's Breakthrough (GregAlan Williams), The Robert Mello Studio and Nick Conti's Professional Actor's Studio.
Reddit · 11 May 2018
Hello, I’m not an actor. I’m a filmmaker living in LA and I know and have worked with a great number of actors. Some of them are pretty established, while some have just started out and some are struggling. I used to feel intimated by actors, because I wasn’t an actor myself and it was always a challenge to find the mo…
Reddit · 11 May 2018
https://i.redd.it/m7ryw6ygf8x01.jpg Look at this awful poster for this mid 2000s Romeo and Juliet adaptation. Hayden Christensen is 37 and Emma Roberts is 27. How are they supposed to be a young couple in a blossoming romance when both of the leads look completely out of place in their casting? My friends could play th…
Reddit · 11 May 2018
Hey, Looking to expand my list of "places to look for acting jobs." I've used Mandy, Backstage, and Actors Access I'm the past, all to varying degrees of success. Any suggestions? Thoughts on any that I've listed?
Reddit · 11 May 2018
Use this post to discuss any element of the craft of acting you wish. Have you learned something recently that's worked really well for you? Is there something you've been having trouble with and you need some help? Are you interested in an approach to acting but don't know much about it?
Reddit · 10 May 2018
As the title says, is there a way for me to see everything my agent submitted me for on Actors Access and castingnetworks.com? Or can I only see things that I’ve submitted myself for?
Reddit · 10 May 2018
Use this thread to post your headshots for feedback, get info on your age range/type, find good headshot photographers, ask any questions you may have about headshots. If you are posting a DIY headshot for feedback, and not just a snapshot in order to get feedback on your age range/type/etc, it is advised that you do a…
Reddit · 10 May 2018
For the play I'm doing right now, most of my dialogue is with just one other character. I'm making a concerted effort to listen, and sometimes that means that it takes an extra moment for me to say my line. I'm not talking about full on pauses or silence, we're talking 0.5 seconds here. It all depends on when the impul…
Reddit · 10 May 2018
If there was ever a time I needed this communities help it's definitely now! I'm 23 years old and haven't acted since I was 19 at college. I was very very passionate about acting and wanted to be an actor though life got hard at 18/19 and I lost faith in myself. I went to uni and left acting behind though it has always…
Reddit · 10 May 2018
I'm struggling to choose between Meisner and Strasburg. What have you found to be effective? And if you don't mind... Why have you found it effective?
Reddit · 10 May 2018
I've recently only received one actual audition, and was wondering why I wasn't being asked in at all. So I had a look at my submissions via the casting websites and found out that my agent had submitted me for 8 roles since January 2018, but that I had only been asked to audition for one. Does it have anything to do w…
Reddit · 10 May 2018
A feature Length production is holding auditions on May23rd 2:30 - 8:00pm. If you are interested in expanding your portfolio, and being apart of a Houston project E-mail spiralisstudios@gmail.com
Reddit · 9 May 2018
I have a feeling this will be pretty hard to get off the ground. But I'd like to ask the question to see if there is any interest anyway. I'm sure I'm not alone in this on reddit, but one thing I have in my background is web dev. And it got me thinking. I'm sure there are amateur actors on here who could benefit tons f…
Reddit · 9 May 2018
Interesting insights from all sides: network, director, writer and actor. [http://www.vulture.com/2018/05/pilot\-season\-tvs\-hunger\-games.html](http://www.vulture.com/2018/05/pilot-season-tvs-hunger-games.html)
Reddit · 9 May 2018
STAY AWAY form Actors Aess and Breakdown Express whether agent,studio, network or actor.Run by Gary Marsh,who operates like some kind of wanna be mob b-o-ss and is a discriminatory service that potentially breaks multiple laws by not allowing professional actors(SAG or otherwise) to see ALL the jobs available.His sites…
Reddit · 9 May 2018
Hi everyone, Sorry, I know the board gets lots of questions like this. I'm a male actor. I feel conflicted and am after some advice (and need to write out my thoughts). Like many of you, no doubt, the decision of whether to pursue acting vs. something more stable took me a long time to reconcile with. Ultimately, I dec…
Reddit · 9 May 2018
The title pretty much says it. I’m looking for interesting and effective ways to improve memory skills. What tools and approaches do you suggest to memorize dialogue and longer monologues?
Reddit · 9 May 2018
Hey y’all! I’m not a huge fan of physical activities, I can do a fair few things okay, namely horse riding, badminton, sword fighting and dance, but I’m not highly skilled and don’t enjoy them much. (I would totally invest in the training if I got a role and it was required of the role.) I work out because it’s healthy…
Reddit · 9 May 2018
Hello can anyone help me with finding good websites that will help me find auditions and such? I’m a beginner so sorry if it’s a dumb question
Reddit · 9 May 2018
Finally got my MFA, a commercial agent, a theatrical agent, and moved to NY. Been here for three days and I'm waiting outside for my first interview for a survival job. Suddenly... I'm feeling a little dread about this job. Won't any time spent working be time I could otherwise spend scanning the breakdowns for work? T…
Reddit · 9 May 2018
*TLDR: Unify pursuits under one brand and accept the challenge of different target audiences, or keep them distinct and accept the challenge of disparity?* I'm in the entertainment industry, and I'm taking a few months to look at my personal branding. I've done some work on it, establishing a loose umbrella brand for m…
Reddit · 8 May 2018
I just watched a bunch of acting reels on YouTube, and I noticed how literally everyone acts how they think they should act. We all know the "don't act, feel" thing, and these people probably think that that's what they're doing, but it's not. And that's what's preventing them from becoming the next Oscar winner. I'm s…
Reddit · 8 May 2018
What is it like being an actor in Hawaii? (Oahu mainly) Are there any opportunities on such a small island? Any good acting teachers, Agents you recommend?
Reddit · 8 May 2018
I'm a new actor (but an experienced improviser), and had a tough audition yesterday. It was a group improv audition for a pretty exclusive program, and I'm disappointed in how I performed. In the moment I could feel the nerves take over me. The walls got tighter and I felt mysef out of the moment. I tried to force my w…
Reddit · 8 May 2018
Hi, I was reading an interview with a famous actor, not talking about acting, where he says "I used to teach acting, you know, and I’d always say, ‘Announce where you are.’ ". I've never heard that. I could take it to mean 'show us your emotional state' or 'show what's going through your mind' or something. If he were…
Reddit · 8 May 2018
Looking for some hungry actors to shoot some scenes with. I have excellent equipment that will use for professional/artful looking scenes for your reel.
Reddit · 7 May 2018
I’m a 22-year old actor who works mostly in musical theatre (a couple of featured indie film credits but nothing substantial) and I’m getting to the point where I’m trying to figure out how to best market myself. I’ve previously been cast as comic sidekick/character actor roles, but after a few years of lessons I’ve de…
Reddit · 7 May 2018
i've been doing this for a few years but I feel like i've hit a brick wall. i feel like paid work is inaccessible to me. i've done student films, made a bunch of my own shorts, comedy shows, non union theatre, and i dont want to say any of it was a waste of time, but i don't feel any closer towards tv / film which is w…
Reddit · 7 May 2018
Hi I’m 16 and want to become an actor, plan is in my twenties. I haven’t started with a headshot or taking classes yet, mainly because I have to finish school first. I see people say that you have to study acting but how exactly do you do that is it like studying from a book? Also is there anything else I can do to pre…
Reddit · 7 May 2018
I’ve been acting and taking class for a year now and 4 specific things stand out to me/have been pointed out to me that I need to improve (my diction, my monotone voice when I’m doing “serious” scenes, the fact that my face doesn’t really move when I’m doing serious scenes- really it is so bizarre- and lately I’ve been…
Reddit · 7 May 2018
Can someone tell me what the typical year is like for actors in terms of getting auditions? Example: Jan-March: blah blah blah April-May: agents drop and sign clients Etc...
Reddit · 7 May 2018
Hi! I'm 18 years old at my local uni way down in New Zealand doing non drama papers. Long story short been doing drama in school for a long time and thought I was done but I've realised i can't escape it. I've been looking at the best ways to improve my acting abilities and what will help me best to transport the audie…
Reddit · 6 May 2018
Preface - I've been playing/teaching music at least semi-professionally for my entire adult life. I wish to tell a bit of my story, too; please bear with me. I'm 25 years old an I've had a sort of tumultuous day career since leaving college. I studied engineering and got a job as a chemist when I got out. After being l…
Reddit · 6 May 2018
This is kind of embarrassing and random. I have to rehearse a love scene. However the actor I'll be kissing/intimate with in the scene has a cold sore currently. I don't get them and would prefer to keep it that way and I understand that most people get them! I want to be as gentle to him as possible. But has anyone de…
Reddit · 6 May 2018
So this is a somewhat random question that came out of idle musing. Has anyone seen or been someone who requested a subtle line change due to personal (primarily religious) beliefs? Specifically, I was listening to a song from a musical and the singer says “Jesus Christ!” as an expletive at one point. It made me wonder…
Reddit · 5 May 2018
Hey! I’m 14 and I really want to get into acting, no like seriously, one of my ‘goals’ is to become a movie/TV actor, what are some general good starts? I feel I’m too young and my city is small as hell, so like only 1-2 Drama Schools, but even those I don’t know if they work with teens. I live in Brazil if that’s any…
Reddit · 5 May 2018
*Hello* *We have a few new seats available for the xxxx Workshop on hhhvbbb* *She is about to begin casting for the many episodes of the many TV shows she is casting and is looking for actors of all ages and all sizes and shapes. This would be an amazing opportunity for you to spend the day with her to remind her who…
Reddit · 5 May 2018
Hey wassup guys. I have recently started a podcast and it’s really mainly focused towards actors and just chasing your dreams. About 3 to 4 times a week I have actors on my show and we just discuss everything there is to know in the industry. I am also an actor myself I just thought it would be super interesting to jus…
Reddit · 5 May 2018
So i’m going to start looking for work soon for my day job. I’m just going through a legal name change so i don’t really want to start working until it’s done. But, i wanted to get an idea of what day jobs other actors have. If you’ve had multiple, what were your favorite and least favorite jobs? Why? Thanks in advance…
Stage 32 · 4 May 2018
Hello. I am looking for a acting agent who doesn't need Spotlight.https://m.imdb.com/name/nm7030140/. I have tried asking on Facebook but everyone on their are so up themselves and always trying to put me down. Can anyone suggest anyone who doesn't require Spotlight??Thank you Cheryl
Reddit · 4 May 2018
Lol. Ok I’m thinking this isn’t legitimate but just humor me lol. There’s this group on Facebook called “talent managers for actors” and they say casting directors/ agents are in the group and every Sunday you can post your headshot / resume and people apparently get signed every Monday. It’s ran by a women named Wendy…
Reddit · 4 May 2018
I've been trying to look for community theaters in Los Angeles, and it has been extremely difficult to find some near where I live. I tried Google, but there would be alot of professional theater groups/troupes or playhouses in the searches. I live near downtown LA & don't have a car, so I have to rely on public transi…
Reddit · 4 May 2018
Hi i'm 15 years old and i'm an aspiring actor but i am to shy to go to any place that can help me practice it like a theater or a drama school or something similar i dont want to avoid them i really want to do it but all i have ever known is that my ``friends`` say that drama is for weirdos and theater is a girly thing…
Stage 32 · 3 May 2018
I'm working on a project and I'd love your input. If there was a resource (book, course, etc.) that covered the business aspects of being an actor, what questions would you want/need/like to see in there?
Backstage · 3 May 2018
Hello everyone,new user here. I have a question about self taped auditions. I have been invited to send in a self tape for a movie being filmed in my area. I have been directed to get the sid s from Shadowfax. Th nstructions specified that in order to get the...