Acting forums, all in one place

19,654 posts from Reddit, Stage 32, the Backstage community and Delphi, newest first. Every title links out to the original thread.

Reddit

Reddit · 22 Aug 2019

Weekend Acting Classes in Chennai

If you are looking for the [**Weekend Acting Classes in Chennai**](https://zeft.in/weekend-acting-classes-in-chennai/)**.** ZEFT is the good platform to become an actor. We give the practical training. We trained the students in a different style. For further info refer here [Weekend Acting Classes in Chennai](https://…

Reddit

Reddit · 22 Aug 2019

Headshot-Age Range-Character Type Post - Aug 22

Use this thread to post your headshots for feedback, get info on your age range/type, find good headshot photographers, ask any questions you may have about headshots. If you are posting a DIY headshot for feedback, and not just a snapshot in order to get feedback on your age range/type/etc, it is advised that you do a…

Reddit

Reddit · 22 Aug 2019

Young female voice actress looking for work.

I am a young female actress with a long background in theatre and tv acting. I am attending college on a full ride for theatre and play Elizabeth Moriarty in an audio drama. I wanted to branch out a bit and wanted to see if I could get some work, paid or not, in voice acting! I can sent you some lines from the script I…

Reddit

Reddit · 22 Aug 2019

What Are Some Best Practices in Memorizing One's Lines for a Script?

Hey, I am an aspiring screenwriter who likes to write for actors and I have been trying to understand the craft of acting for a couple of years now. I am wondering what are some best practices for actors in memorizing their lines? Do you all prefer certain types of scripts written in a certain way? What methods do you…

Reddit

Reddit · 22 Aug 2019

Why be an actor?

When talking with some folks, I get the sense that people get stuck at "I want to be a good actor." It's understandable. It's nice to be good at something. But you could be good at any number of things. So why acting? I'm curious about what you find meaningful about being an actor. In your opinion, what's the step afte…

Stage 32

Stage 32 · 21 Aug 2019

Hello!

Hi everyone! My name is Carina and I am an actress and singer in the Los Angeles Area. I’m new to Stage 32 but I’m excited to connect with other industry professionals!

Backstage

Backstage · 21 Aug 2019

SaveMyAuditioin Worth it?

I want to take a class through save my audition to get in front of Rachel from Telsey. Is it worth it or has anyone taken her class?

Reddit

Reddit · 21 Aug 2019

First Paid Position!

So, today it was confirmed that I’d been hired for an episode of Chicago Fire as a background actor. This is my first time on a tv set (I’ve only filmed movies before, I’m more of a stage actor anyway) and my first paid position. I realize it’s not as big of a deal as most of the things people post about on here, but I…

Reddit

Reddit · 21 Aug 2019

Is the UK industry OK with thicker women?

By thicker i don't mean fat, but a curvier, "ScarJo" type. I'm not as curvy/heavy as Scarlett but I'm close to it. I'm asking this because i know that the acting industry has always had a preference for thin women (talking about lead "attractive girl" roles specifically) but the US industry is more inclined to cast som…

Reddit

Reddit · 21 Aug 2019

The Importance of Having a Vision

Hey guys! Just wanted to give a little encouragement. Like most of you I’ve wanted to act since I could remember. However, I’ve had a lot of insecurity about it (not good enough, Tom hard to achieve etc.) but last year I made a promise to myself to live my life more authentically. I even went to USC for Theatre and Psy…

Reddit

Reddit · 21 Aug 2019

Heading out on my first US National Tour soon. Any advice?

Like the title says. I'm heading out on my first us national tour. Would love some advice from veteran touring actors. I'm sure there's plenty of great logistical stuff about what to bring with me and how to pass the time etc. Do's and donts. also, any insights on dealing with stress and anxiety when you're performing…

Reddit

Reddit · 21 Aug 2019

¿London or Madrid? for a Spanish actor from Barcelona

I can speak English, Spanish and Catalan. I'm 27, I can look between 20-30, depending on facial hair. ​ I live in Barcelona, where there are almost no auditions for TV or Movies, just commercials. It's so rare to get a Movie or TV Audition, once a year maximum. ​ And I'm considering moving to another city…

Reddit

Reddit · 21 Aug 2019

[Paid] Looking for a Voice Actor for a video for a local restaurant.

*The Auditions are still open.* Hello there fellow voice actors! Whether you're new to this industry or old, here's your chance to do 2-3 small voicelines for a local restaurant. Since its a video for a **restaurant**, you can make your portfolio weigh more just because of it. Its not some international fast food chain…

Reddit

Reddit · 21 Aug 2019

Podcasts for actors?

Im a huge fan of podcasts, and im looking for me. I specifically love the ones where established entertainers discuss their life journey, and what its like being a professional actor. I love... -Armchair Expert -Awards chatter -In the envelope -3 questions with Andy Richter -The Empire Film Podcast -Off camera with Sam…

Reddit

Reddit · 21 Aug 2019

First Thing You Did

So. You've decided you want to be a voice actor. You get the equipment you need, do endless hours of research. Get everything set up for a home studio but you really have no acting experience or any special skills in the area yet. What do you do? How can you practice or improve without spending $500+ on a class/ coach…

Reddit

Reddit · 21 Aug 2019

What do you think of this way of acting a scene, by Millie Bobby Brown from ST?

Spoilers for Season 3 Stranger Things. ​ "It must have been a pretty emotional scene to act out, and most actors would have prepped for a while to get all the nuances worked out. But as [*Gizmodo*](https://io9.gizmodo.com/millie-bobby-brown-explains-how-she-filmed-her-most-emo-1836167345) reports, Millie Bobby B…

Reddit

Reddit · 21 Aug 2019

Looking for Acting classes - Struggling ! (Brighton,UK)

Hello fellow actors, I'm an aspiring actress and moving to the UK, Brighton specifically, for more acting, audition, casting, representation opportunities. I have struggled finding a good acting school, because problem is I want to do training in professional screen "Film & TV" and Musical Theater as I am an not sure w…

Reddit

Reddit · 21 Aug 2019

I can't cry on command

My dream is to become an actor. I like to think of myself as a good actor. My friends have even told me I am a good actor. I test my acting skills daily and they always turn out great. But I can't cry on command. Will this affect any chances of being hired as an actor or will I have to learn to cry on command first.

Reddit

Reddit · 21 Aug 2019

I bombed terribly after a doing well in front of a CD the first time.

This one really hurts. Throwaway because this is super embarrassing. I just finished a 2 week intensive with a well-known CD that I was really looking forward to meeting. Week one went amazingly. I did my go-to scene and nailed it, and he didn't even have to give me notes because he loved it as-is. I was so proud of my…

Reddit

Reddit · 21 Aug 2019

First time voice acting

I found an ad in CL for a voice actress needed for some podcast episodes and gave it a shot. They seemed to like my reading but would like a demo reading of their script. The script includes two characters, but I don’t know which character I’m reading for. How do I go about sending my demo? What should I include? Shoul…

Reddit

Reddit · 20 Aug 2019

How Can I Best Write a Script That is Good for Studying for Actors?

Hey, I am an aspiring screenwriter and I have been editing my scripts about two to three times, and I tend to try to make my scripts easily to interpret and easy memorize for actors. But my question to you actors is this, how can I best write a script that is good for studying for actors? If you think this post is cons…

Reddit

Reddit · 20 Aug 2019

I need advice please

So, I am in no way a voice actor. I animate, and there is a musical I love that I've been wanting to adapt forever now. However, I am super antisocial and want to work on this in my own time without much of a schedule, so I'll be doing all of the voices myself, but I'm afraid everyone will sound exactly the same, since…

Reddit

Reddit · 20 Aug 2019

Worth going SAG?

Would you say it’s worth paying the dues? I’ve done a couple commercials and technically have an IMDb page but all the Actors access auditions seem to be SAG only.

Reddit

Reddit · 20 Aug 2019

Hey yall, please don't give up (hi from Turkey!)

Hello! I don't know if this post is a-okay with the subreddit rules but I wanted to give this message anyways. A little background ; i have been acting ever since I was a child and joined a few community theaters. I am near-native in English (thanks to my mom). Of course like everyone here, I would love to be an actor…

Reddit

Reddit · 20 Aug 2019

Acting instagram follow chain

Hey everyone! I figure we should try to support each other as fellow actors and nowadays Instagram is a huge part of that! Maybe we can make some worthwhile connections or friendships, by posting our handles and following each other! :) I just started my own instagram for acting and would love to connect with other act…

Reddit

Reddit · 20 Aug 2019

Drama school; is it worth it?

Hi guys, I'm a long time lurker that really appreciates this community for how sincere and friendly it has been so far. I come here a lot to read encouraging stories and also to get some inspiration on how to kickstart my career again. I'm a trans man that's about three years into his Hormone Replacement Therapy. I'm p…

Reddit

Reddit · 20 Aug 2019

How to list role on actor resume?

I know it’s the three column one, but what I’m asking is how to list the role on a short I worked on. It’s with an ensemble cast (equal screen time, dialogue, and all that jazz). It’s in the same vein as Friends and How I Met Your Mother. Would that be considered “supporting”, “lead”, etc?

Reddit

Reddit · 20 Aug 2019

Want to have VA as a career. Any tips?

I'm currently 17 y.o. and male, I would like to have a career as a voice actor for animated cartoons/anime/games etc. Right now I plan on getting the essentials for equipment (computer, mic, audio interface). Voice acting seems like a fun job to have, I love and respect the craft of it and the whole medium it's used on…

Reddit

Reddit · 19 Aug 2019

Friends moving to LA and some to Atlanta

The one who is living in LA had a good agent here but when I went to hollywood for a brief moment I was told films are actually leaving LA due to the taxes, etc. Why would people go to LA over Atlanta at this time? He claims it's the "Hub" but wouldn't an actor starting out be better in Atlanta vs LA?

Reddit

Reddit · 19 Aug 2019

How's the acting scene in Dallas, TX?

Hi! I've been recently offered a job as an engineer in Dallas, Texas and want to know about the scene over there. I'm 21 yo, have zero experience as an actor but I'm armed with a killer charisma and I'm also fluent in Spanish and English and speak a bit of German if it's worth anything. Seriously though, I've always wa…

Reddit

Reddit · 19 Aug 2019

A big fuss was made about my age in an audition

So I’m 24 and received a casting call from my agent for a KFC schoolies tvc. Schoolies for those who don’t know is when a bunch of new high school graduates go down to the Gold Coast and celebrate their graduation. Sort of like America’s spring break. A lotta sex. A lotta underage drinking. A lotta drugs. People above…

Reddit

Reddit · 19 Aug 2019

Did I make the right decision?

Alternatively titled, “How can I make the best of this decision?” I’m a 22 yo female actor. I Recently moved back to my hometown Los Angeles from Milwaukee. I originally had plans to relocate to Chicago, but I was quickly running out of money. I ended up making the hard decision to turn down some projects in favor of c…

Reddit

Reddit · 19 Aug 2019

(20F) I don't have the money to join acting workshop. Help?

I currently live in San Antonio, TX and even though I'm glad the city's a melting pot of sorts for actors, I don't know where to start nor does my family have the money to provide to put me in acting classes. I have little experience from high school theater, but I want to get in the acting scene /now/. I feel like my…

Reddit

Reddit · 19 Aug 2019

voice actor archive

I used to have a website that was full of high quality voice lines from actors like Morgan Freeman, Mark Hamill, etc. My bookmarks from back then no longer exist wand was wondering if anyone knows the site as I cannot find it.

Reddit

Reddit · 19 Aug 2019

Spaniard looking for some advice

Hello, I'm 26yo and I'm an actor from Barcelona, Spain. ​ Here in Barcelona there's almost no film industry (just catalan tv). I've just done two important auditions in the past 2 years (as a Mexican in Terminator and as a Mexican in Snatch Season 2), and I got those auditions by luck But these auditions are so…

Reddit

Reddit · 19 Aug 2019

Throwing in the towel...

Hey guys! I don't want this to come off as whiny or anything but I'm genuinely curious if anyone has ever quit and moved on from this business. Or felt like they wanted to but were able to get past it. I've always wanted to be an actor. I went to NYU and got my degree and since then I've been at a standstill. I'm 25 an…

Reddit

Reddit · 19 Aug 2019

My Agent is Upset because I declined a Non-Exclusive In Perpetuity Contract

I got an audition to do a Hasbro commercial through my agent. I declined the audition on Actors Access because the usage term was In Perpetuity (which I've been cautioned against). I get an email shortly after from my agent asking why I declined and I told her I didn't want my image being used forever. She goes on to s…

Reddit

Reddit · 19 Aug 2019

Any advice on doing Line Splicing for projects?

Hello, so last month I had moved several states to be with my bf and he is very encouraging and letting me work from home to devote to voice work. While just starting I came across an ad for a game project that needed help with splicing. Which I took because it was paid. For those who don't know Splicing is when a voic…

Stage 32

Stage 32 · 18 Aug 2019

New to Los Angeles

Hello! I recently moved from Boston to LA a few weeks ago. I was wondering if anyone has suggestions for on-camera acting classes and/or audition technique classes (that are also somewhat reasonably priced)? Also, please feel free to connect with me, as I would love to meet other creatives out here and even meet up for…

Reddit

Reddit · 18 Aug 2019

Actors in California

Do you guys think it’s easier for people in California to become actors? Why or why not?

Reddit

Reddit · 18 Aug 2019

Out of the loop actor doesn't know what he's missing in LA.

Other than submitting on Actor's Access/LA Casting/Backstage and going to class, what other things should I be doing everyday? What other resources are available to me, networking or otherwise? I feel like I'm missing out on so much. For example, at my first acting class here, a bunch of people said they signed up when…

Reddit

Reddit · 18 Aug 2019

How Do Actors/Actresses Memorize Their Lines?

For any feature films and even television shows, do they have to memorize the whole script? Or do they memorize a particular scene a few weeks prior to shooting only to move on to the next?

Reddit

Reddit · 18 Aug 2019

Want to get a better mic, any recommendations?

I'm a beginning voice actor, and I'm trying to look for a good mic, as I've been using my headphone mic, and it certainly didn't have the best quality (had to add a lot of filters). I have a budget of roughly $200 USD. I'm not the best at knowing the differences and terminology of mics, so any help or recommendations w…

Reddit

Reddit · 18 Aug 2019

How do you act and still pay rent in LA.

I’m at a crossroads. I’m have a base income and my SAG card. I work mostly background. I currently live in Austin and want to move to LA. But I don’t have the three times the income to get an apartment. I’m trying for Burbank. Anyway I just want to see how other actors and actresses are working in the industry and stil…

Reddit

Reddit · 18 Aug 2019

Professional Biography of Actors Access??

What exactly should i put here? Anything to avoid? I was gonna go for something similar to my imdb bio but that one may have too much personal info (theatre as a kid, why i got into acting, etc)

Reddit

Reddit · 18 Aug 2019

Where in the world would you place my accent?

I'm not a voice actor btw, but just wonderin' what my accent sounds like to you.. Please describe & classify it etc thx: [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IF8hI77arL8](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IF8hI77arL8)

Reddit

Reddit · 17 Aug 2019

Finding a creative community

I've recently graduated drama school in the UK and moved back home to new york city. I'm finding it hard to meet people in the industry, whether that means actors, writers, directors, producers, dps. I have such a huge network back in the UK but now that I'm back here and living at home I feel isolated and I'm looking…