Reddit · 7 Aug 2022
What percentage of actors do you think have natural talent with little to no training?
Do you think some just have it with very little training?
19,662 posts from Reddit, Stage 32, the Backstage community and Delphi, newest first. Every title links out to the original thread.
Reddit · 7 Aug 2022
Do you think some just have it with very little training?
Reddit · 6 Aug 2022
1. Are there any reputable classes that take place during the daytime on weekdays? like mornings / afternoons? Everything i research seems to be at night, which conflicts with my job. 2. Are there any good on-camera audition classes in-person right now? everything I find outside of scene study seems to be online still.…
Reddit · 6 Aug 2022
Hey all I just want to see if anyone knows where Sarah Finn post her casting calls whether it be Actors Access or Backstage or any under the radar means of posting a casting call for their movies. I know Iman Vellani found her casting call thru WhatsApp. I’m just wondering if anyone happens to know
Reddit · 6 Aug 2022
So I was invited back for an in-person 'pre-screening' (actors/extras listing -- "some small speaking parts") and was told to "Bring a photo and a resume(if you have one), dress casually and be prepared to read for the casting associates if asked." No other info on role, sides, whatever. What should I expect seeing as…
Reddit · 6 Aug 2022
I’m wondering if anyone has done this or had success from it.
Reddit · 6 Aug 2022
So the thing is, ever since I hit puberty, my voice became rather deep and ever since then I've heard comments from here and there about how bombastic, sexy et. my voice sounds. I've also developed an apparent skill of reproducing different voices I hear. I do spend time talking to myself with different voices when I'm…
Reddit · 6 Aug 2022
Hi everyone! Next week we are going to shoot a "chaotic" scene, with people pushing around, becoming crazy, screaming, and fighting (non-violent fight, more like a metal-concert type of "fight"). There are two main characters, I've been doing training with them for a couple of months now. But there are about 20 extras/…
Reddit · 6 Aug 2022
A few weeks back, I had a self-tape audition request come in through my agent for a role that felt like kismet. I can't describe it otherwise. The role required someone of my age, specific ethnic heritage (which is quite obscure where I live and work) and to be speaking the languages I speak fluently (I was raised mult…
Reddit · 6 Aug 2022
I'm in Chicago and we are coming up in terms of productions, but we will never compete with ATL. I'm established with a handful of co-stars and one national commercial. It doesnt help that I live in a bad area in Chicago..Im saving up for a house but I would hate to buy one in Chicago..might as well go to ATL.
Reddit · 6 Aug 2022
Hey fellow actors! Feeling a bit down so wanted to chat with some creatives. To be honest, I’ve been feeling a bit envious of my peers moving up the ladder in their corporate jobs. Seeing that, I’m like ‘wow I should just go learn how to code or be a business analyst or a nurse.’ Financially stable jobs with prospects…
Reddit · 6 Aug 2022
Let’s imagine I’m an actor that had quite a lot of roles in the US for example, and for some reason I decided to move to Japan. Let’s also imagine I learned fluent Japanese. With all that in mind-is knowing the language be enough to be successful in a new country as an actor with all that experience? And what are the a…
Reddit · 6 Aug 2022
I’ve just been cast in a commercial that has a buyout. When should I expect to be paid the buyout amount after shooting the commercial?
Reddit · 6 Aug 2022
So when describing the role on backstage.com and it says something like : Butterscotch Lead, female, 13-18 Obviously the character is 13-18, but does the actor themselves have to be 13-18 or can they be like 12 or 24? If that makes sense.
Reddit · 6 Aug 2022
Hi Reddit, I’m 17 years old and going into my last year of HS theatre, my school is putting on “Antigone” for our states play (competition) and me being the go to man actor (I have a beard) might be cast as Creon. However I wanted to know what some tips would be for getting into the mind of that character? Especially b…
Reddit · 6 Aug 2022
I am basically looking for recommendations for representation in LA for a SE based actor. I have very strong reps in a Atlanta but really need to expand into LA.
Reddit · 5 Aug 2022
Hello:) i am very pale and blue eyed blonde naturally, which doesn't make me a prototypical blonde: pamella anderson, britney spears etc are quite tan usually. I feel like with my skin color ginger hair would be more "natural", and maybe i'll stand out more... But i don't know if i will get cast less because maybe they…
Reddit · 5 Aug 2022
This may not be the right forum, but ask Reddit would kick this question out. Are we still able to watch movies by the likes of Mel Gibson, Bill Cosby, Kevin Spacey or Roman Polanski. Can we ethically separate the actor or director from their behavior?
Reddit · 5 Aug 2022
Hi, I'm in the business of creating PDFs to help actors in the beginning of their journey. I have a PDF on how to get representation that I'm willing to give away for free in exchange for a testimonial that will end up on my website. You must be ok with your first name and last initial going on the site, in addition to…
Reddit · 5 Aug 2022
I wanna be an actor but idk where to start so what should i do?
Reddit · 5 Aug 2022
Hey guys, I’m a 16 year old looking for actors in the Cambridgeshire area. I’m currently working on a horror film named the crawling. If anyone is interested send me a dm, if your around that area. Payment isn’t included.
Reddit · 5 Aug 2022
So if an actor books a Union commercial and makes $10k, the 10% commission is $1000. But if an actor books a non-union commercial and makes $2500, the agent could get $500 from the actor and $500 from the agency fee, so also $1000. So then how do actors know their agents are pushing hard to casting to get their actors…
Reddit · 5 Aug 2022
So if an actor books a Union commercial and makes $10k, the 10% commission is $1000. But if an actor books a non-union commercial and makes $2500, the agent could get $500 from the actor and $500 from the agency, so also $1000. So then how do actors know their agents are pushing hard to casting to get their actors in f…
Reddit · 5 Aug 2022
I notice actors are always photographed at social events like parties/bars/ restaurants/charity events…is this a requirement of the job??? What if you don’t want to do any of this would it affect your career???
Reddit · 5 Aug 2022
Hey, for some reason my photo is not uploading to actors access. It doesn’t give an error code or anything. I thought it was my computer so i switched, but I’m getting stuck. When i browse and select a photo and hit upload it goes to 100%, but never shows the photo or an option for continue. I can sit like this for hou…
Reddit · 5 Aug 2022
I was on a call to my partner, I told her I was about to do a long 30 minute recording of one of my stories, and if she could please not interrupt me during this time. She said ok she will go to sleep. Apparently she wasn't really paying attention. 10 minutes into my reading, i got a couple of loud Facebook dings from…
Reddit · 5 Aug 2022
I'm wondering if it's typical for actors to file an unemployment claim after working a couple of days on a SAG job. Does anyone have any experience with this?
Reddit · 4 Aug 2022
Use this thread to post your headshots for feedback, get info on your age range/type, find good headshot photographers, ask any questions you may have about headshots. If you are posting a DIY headshot for feedback, and not just a snapshot in order to get feedback on your age range/type/etc, it is advised that you do a…
Reddit · 4 Aug 2022
My daughter had a self-tape audition recently. 2 days ago we were asked for an availability check and told that she was getting sent for network approval. In your experience, how long does this take? Outside dates start in 2 weeks and we’d have to travel. Her agent said it’s possible they’ve send 2-3 actors for approva…
Reddit · 4 Aug 2022
In a scene study class now. I'm in a room full of talented LA actors. They're all so great. I noticed after several weeks every Thursday night would be filled with anxiety. I had a convo with another girl in my class and we discussed why we put so much pressure on ourselves. It's because we 1.)want to do a good job in…
Reddit · 4 Aug 2022
A month ago I got the news that I was being considered for the lead role in a new series on a streaming service, after two years of no work and very few auditions. My agent said that the director and casting directors really enjoyed my audition. I controlled myself as much as possible but I cannot deny that I had high…
Reddit · 4 Aug 2022
I'm mixed, and all he submits me for is black roles. One of my white friends told me he submits him for black roles as well as white (he is not black passing, it's an attempt for my agent to gain profit from erasing diversity from a project just so one of his actors can be hired) I cannot do anything about this. What I…
Reddit · 4 Aug 2022
So I applied for a really interesting sounding role on Backstage, and they got back to me today about moving forward in the process! However. I suddenly remembered to do my due diligence (I know) and look up the company and the people involved. I found a trailer for the project online. Oh boy. It is not good. The sound…
Reddit · 4 Aug 2022
We had a very interesting Town Meeting over Zoom last evening, here in Vancouver. Enough with allowing the current self-tape audition situation to continue much longer. Unions are readying themselves for their new Master Agreement negotiations. We should let our Unions know that this system has caused irreparable damag…
Reddit · 4 Aug 2022
I wanted to get other actors opinions on this. I already post about projects I’m in A LOT, because I obviously I want the project to do well. However, I’m currently signed onto a project that is expecting actors to post the crowdfund link daily. I’m not a producer. I am an actor. That’s what I signed on to do. I also d…
Reddit · 4 Aug 2022
Curious on how many clips is too much/too little and what others have on their Actors Access in terms of reels and clips.
Reddit · 4 Aug 2022
As a child, I always had an inclination for performing, and I was charismatic, quick-witted, extroverted, cute, etc. So, as a result, and based off of the advice from many people who were close to my mother and father, they (my parents) decided to try and get me into acting and modeling. I ended up auditioning for some…
Reddit · 4 Aug 2022
So why is it that someone who doesn't even wanna be an actress/model are the people who ends up getting the big break as in getting selected after auditioning, but the one who grinds the hardest just to even get an audition that's not ended up as a scam get's no offers at all or either they just end up getting scammed…
Reddit · 3 Aug 2022
I have been acting for around month and my instructor says the class is going to be doing a scene in front of an audience soon. When I act, I always feel like my emotions look fake and my movements are not realistic. I am EXTREMELY nervous that I might mess up and embarrass myself in front of everyone. How can I quickl…
Reddit · 3 Aug 2022
For my actors out there. How hard was it for your to find your tribe or community of actors? The ones you hang out with on a daily basis. Do auditions with, run lines for auditions, and maybe go to class with. Being in LA can become a lonely journey, and I am having a hard time of finding people that I can really conne…
Reddit · 3 Aug 2022
For me, Better Call Saul pushed me over the edge from daydreaming about being an actor to actively trying to pursue a career in it.
Reddit · 3 Aug 2022
Was surprised to say the least when I logged into Backstage days ago to see the pop-up message they were now partnering with Starnow...always thought Starnow sucked lol but I was like whatever. But now this is really starting to suck because I think this partnership is bringing in more scams/scam posts are more easily…
Reddit · 3 Aug 2022
I work out of a city that isn’t NY or LA but have found some success here. I’ve shot for network and streaming shows that were minor characters, but the work is yearly and over time I have a resume that is longer than most of my peers here. The issue is all my lines are small background characters that honestly are bli…
Reddit · 3 Aug 2022
Looked through the past posts on this but haven't seen reviews on Lesly Kahn, Margie Haber, or Stan Kirsch in the past year--I was wondering what people's perspectives on these studios were, especially the zoom versions of the classes, and if there's any other studios that would be worth checking out for an on camera a…
Reddit · 3 Aug 2022
It seems like if women don't get their big break by 25, they have no chance.
Reddit · 3 Aug 2022
Hi, I don't know if anyone here is aware, but New Brunswick has no Media Industry. There's no TV Studios, no Voice Houses and no Movie Productions. It's all mostly independent stuff and it doesn't seem like the big Media Groups here (Stingray, Acadia Broadcasting, Maritime Broadcasting) are interested in doing anything…
Reddit · 3 Aug 2022
This is going to be strange: I'm making an independent low budget horror movie that will contain vignettes showing disturbing things you might come across online. I am looking to hire someone to make a very short clip of themselves shirtless doing a muckbang while crying (I know, disturbing but it is a horror movie aft…
Reddit · 3 Aug 2022
***What does it mean to be an actor in the modern age of social media and content creation?*** That's what a new video podcast I'm working on aims to figure out! It's called The Digital Actor, and we're going to be going over all kinds of things like TikTok, YouTube, and Twitch from an Actor's POV and how we can use th…
Reddit · 3 Aug 2022
I have done alot of research and have yet to see an openly lesbian/only liking girls actress who wasnt butch/masculine or with short hair who was extremely sucessful or well known. I am very feminine but a lesbian. I believe i have acting potential I’m not out out yet but close friends and some family know but no publi…
Reddit · 3 Aug 2022
i'm new to LA and in my early 30s. i feel like my entire life i've been surrounded by amateurs who don't take it seriously at all, and in turn make me feel like something's wrong with me for taking it seriously. i have low tier reps and i audition semi-consistently, pins, repeats from casting, etc. I was accepted into…