Reddit · 3 Jul 2020
backstage podcast
Im just getting into the backstage podcast.. anybody know of any good episodes where actors discuss their audition/preparation process?
19,669 posts from Reddit, Stage 32, the Backstage community and Delphi, newest first. Every title links out to the original thread.
Reddit · 3 Jul 2020
Im just getting into the backstage podcast.. anybody know of any good episodes where actors discuss their audition/preparation process?
Reddit · 3 Jul 2020
Hello fellow thespians. I am a 22 year old from Ireland with dreams of being a successful actor, writer and director. Unfortunately where I am from is not the best place for such opportunities so I'd like to ask for thoughts and suggestions in regards to where I should think of relocating, (is LA all it's cracked up to…
Reddit · 3 Jul 2020
Hello everyone, I hope you're all in good health and doing well in your endeavors. I joined this subreddit approximately two months ago and I must say, I'm amazed by this community, you guys and gals are very knowledgeable and you share your wisdom for free with such amiability. So props to you all! I can't discernibly…
Reddit · 2 Jul 2020
Hi, I know there were already threads about One on One but I'm frustrated with the audition process. I auditioned twice and didn't get in. I'm not saying I'm this incredible actor but I've always gotten consistently good feedback in different acting programs, work solidly on my pieces, and know what I'm doing. I sent a…
Reddit · 2 Jul 2020
Use this thread to post your headshots for feedback, get info on your age range/type, find good headshot photographers, ask any questions you may have about headshots. If you are posting a DIY headshot for feedback, and not just a snapshot in order to get feedback on your age range/type/etc, it is advised that you do a…
Reddit · 2 Jul 2020
An audition is your first step to reaching a creative project in film and TV and can be one of the toughest parts in the film industry. Many actors will want this so bad, that they make small but integral mistakes and fail at the first step of this creative process; the audition. Auditioning is a tough skill to master…
Reddit · 2 Jul 2020
Hi! Canadian here in Toronto. I know there's the pandemic, but things are opening up in Toronto and from what I know, in-person auditions are now happening in limited capacity and of course self-tapes are the norm. But all that aside: I'm an actress that's been acting on and off since I was around 16. I'm 22 now. I had…
Reddit · 2 Jul 2020
I'm thinking about moving to the US to try and be a working actor after the virus situation calms down. Which city should I move to? I've heard that cities like Atlanta are seeing more productions but I'm also interested in training as well as I haven't received any real training. Considering,where should I go?
Reddit · 2 Jul 2020
Any LA actors interested in following each other on Instagram to support each other and follow each other’s career progress? Just comment your Instagram!
Reddit · 1 Jul 2020
I can't seem to find any subreddits, audition websites like ActorsAccess, etc. in Mexico City. I know the film industry in Mexico is huge, but I can't find anything to apply to agencies and auditions. I know it's a long shot, but does anyone know anything? Thank you so much!
Reddit · 1 Jul 2020
Hello, Who would you all say are working actors who play a lot of real people and look like real people? Thanks
Reddit · 1 Jul 2020
I know there have been previous posts about this on this subreddit before, but all of the ones I could find were either archived, half deleted, or both. I'm new to this field and am just looking for some genuine tips. I know Backstage is way more expensive than Actors Access is, yet I've heard Actors Access is *way* be…
Reddit · 1 Jul 2020
I just graduated high school and that’s cool and all but I didn’t get into Juilliard, CalArts, or USC because my auditions were pretty bad. I have a long year ahead of me until I can audition again (community college, job, friends going away). What’s something that motivated you guys to keep pushing? The biggest proble…
Reddit · 1 Jul 2020
Main characters Jacob (early 30s) An author suffering from Bipolar one disorder, has deep aspirations as a novelist. ​ Megan (mid 20s) A woman who is the voice of reason, and is very level headed. ​ Mail the WAV audio to : [thesqueamishcritic@gmail.com](mailto:thesqueamishcritic@gmail.com) ​ You ca…
Reddit · 1 Jul 2020
Doing some research on LA and wondering if I can get some actual people's thoughts on classes instead of just googling. Thanks!
Reddit · 1 Jul 2020
I don't really like talking about this, but hey! I may aswell get it off my chest. Ever since I started watching Stranger Things, I started to grow jealous of the child actors who are kind of my age but like 2 years older like, Finn Wolfhard, Millie Bobby Brown, Gaten Matarazzo, etc. I want to stop that jealousy, so is…
Reddit · 1 Jul 2020
What's been your experience? Personally, I'm fortunate enough to be able to live in the states through dual nationality. In the UK I got completely snubbed by casting directors before they even saw me perform as I had a "working class" accent being a Liverpudlian and didn't go to drama school for three years in London.…
Reddit · 1 Jul 2020
Hopefully this question is on-topic for this subreddit, it's a bit specific so I'm unsure where is the best place to put it. I've never interacted with a historical interpreter before, but it seems like a really interesting and personal way of learning about certain time periods. Are there any good general rules of thu…
Reddit · 1 Jul 2020
I can't seem to find any subreddits, audition websites like ActorsAccess, etc. in Mexico City. I know the film industry in Mexico is huge, but I can't find anything to apply to agencies and auditions. I know it's a long shot, but does anyone know anything? Thank you so much!
Reddit · 1 Jul 2020
Hello one and all, a noob voice actor here always looking to improve my craft and today I have run into a small problem. Luckily I have not really run into the problem professionally (yet) so I think it is best to address it as soon as possible. Let's say that I am voicing a character who is having a very simple calm c…
Reddit · 1 Jul 2020
I want to get into voice acting and have read many blogs such as [http://www.steveblumvoices.com/work/#/how-to-be-a-voice-actor/](http://www.steveblumvoices.com/work/#/how-to-be-a-voice-actor/) or Dee Bradley Baker's blog. However, I still don't know how and where to find consistent work so that I can build up my resum…
Reddit · 30 Jun 2020
The climate crisis has rendered the middle of the planet uninhabitable. Massive famines resulted in a global civil upheaval that has left most governments moot. Almost all of humanity has returned to a barter system. Somewhere near the area once known as North Hollywood an actor says "Hey, is it slow for anyone else?"
Reddit · 30 Jun 2020
Non-actor here! Hope yall don't mind this potentially pretentious question. I think every form of art gives the artist a certain perspective on huge philosophical ideas, but the only art I've personally pursued is music. It's absolutely changed the way I look at life (whatever that means), so I'm SUPER curious what act…
Reddit · 30 Jun 2020
We are a filmmaking collective with various screenwriters, actors and filmmakers who get together to produce free filmmaking resources and filmmaking tutorials on YouTube and would love to build more resources for actors, at no cost to yourselves. What would you like to know more about? What interests you? What do you…
Reddit · 30 Jun 2020
I'm writing a text for an audio guide which will be used in a former detention camp of the Nazi's. The audio guide will be for children between 8 and 12. Besides the text I would also like to include information about tone and style so the voice actors have a sense of what I'm looking for. It's my first time I have to…
Reddit · 30 Jun 2020
Hi, I am still in high school and am deciding what I should do in the future. Is it possible to be an accountant and actor at the same time? I want to act but I also want to have a stable job, and I don’t know if it is manageable to do both.
Reddit · 30 Jun 2020
Hey everyone, I lurk here on and off and I see some comments that remind me of my time in music as a conductor. There's this notion that you have to choose something off the beaten path to be really interesting and grab the audition panel's attention. Let me tell you why this is dangerous. (Note: this isn't meant for p…
Reddit · 30 Jun 2020
Hello everyone! I know this isn't the best place to post this, but I'm an actor and everyone else here is one too so I thought you guy would have good feedback. I recently wrote a longish monologue and was wondering if anyone could give feedback on it. I'm 15 years old. I've been told I have a true knack for writing, b…
Reddit · 30 Jun 2020
I’ve been acting throughout my childhood and into my teenage years, I’ve done some small tv and movie gigs but my big roles have been in regional theatre or small theaters in the city. A year ago I had the honor to play Juror #3 in twelve angry men for a teenage production of the show. I never took a class on dangerous…
Reddit · 30 Jun 2020
Hey, so I'm an aspiring teenage actor in the Atlanta area, and I've had trouble getting talent agencies to notice me. So far, I've sent letters and headshots to five different agencies, none of whom have responded. Do you guys have any tips for me?
Reddit · 30 Jun 2020
Hey guys. So I’m considering getting into this field myself, and am wondering how actors sharpen their range. What actors currently working in TV, games or animation etc have the best vocal range? What roles they’re in show this variety? And how can I sharpen that aspect of vocal work to become beater in VO work? Thank…
Reddit · 29 Jun 2020
I can only remember his face, I'm pretty sure he was in one or two moves set in ancient Greece or time, he was upper middle aged in the early 2000s and has a beard and dark hair. He looks like every male NPC in assassin's Creed oddessy. It's driving me crazy.
Reddit · 29 Jun 2020
Hey Everyone, Here's one way you can support dismantling systemic racism in educational institutions, and in the arts & entertainment world: Check out, follow & share Instagram.com/blackatdramaschool with everyone you know in the Arts, Entertainment & Education industries. Especially with people who you know have done…
Reddit · 29 Jun 2020
i'm really shy, not the most comfortable in my skin and i get bad stage fright. yet, i feel like i want to try acting. i have no experience, asides for acting out a really short play with maybe ten classmates and without an audience watching. i've also filmed some video projects for school that i really enjoyed making.…
Reddit · 29 Jun 2020
As title inferred, casting directors and directors often refer to actors as having a ‘good look’ what do they mean by it?
Reddit · 29 Jun 2020
I'm drawn to comic, over-the-top and eccentric performing. Clown figures, and actors who play quirky people. Im thinking of Johnny Depp, Rowan Atkinson, Jim Carrey, Sasha Baron Cohen, Groucho, Jennifer Saunders, even Gary Oldman. I've been studying clowning for about 3 years, and more lately meisner. I've also make som…
Reddit · 29 Jun 2020
So I want to become an actress, or even producer, but these are obviously industries where you start from the very bottom. It’s all about who you know right? My question is, if I take up a role as a film runner apprenticeship will this help me in terms of knowing the right people? I know there’s more to acting then tha…
Reddit · 28 Jun 2020
Hi guys. This is a silly question. I'm a college student. I have acted professionally in a few film and TV projects before, mostly in high school. I grew up a few hours out of NYC and had a manager in NYC but never an agent. The manager dropped me when I went to college and I haven't been auditioning since. The last jo…
Reddit · 28 Jun 2020
Hello fellow actors! I'm a 24 year old actor living in Los Angeles. I'm currently in the process of trying to assemble a demo reel to eventually help me obtain a manager and agent. Due to the pandemic there are a lot of opportunities to shoot something at home alone either via Zoom or your laptop/phone. Now, although I…
Reddit · 28 Jun 2020
Hello my name is Ethan Goddard and I just wrote my first film! I am looking for someone’s help if they are willing to help me live my dream of making my first DIY film! It’s called The Playlist and it is basically to really dumb it down is its about a boy getting over a girl. The catch is that the story is told by a “p…
Reddit · 28 Jun 2020
This is a little page that allows side-by-side comparison of the auditions of three actors for the role of Elizabeth in "A Royal Night Out": Emilia Clarke, Claire Foye, and Sarah Gadon. One of them got the role. [https://learnforeverlearn.com/actress\_compare/](https://learnforeverlearn.com/actress_compare/) The videos…
Reddit · 28 Jun 2020
Hey there, ill try keep this short. I'm UK based, 24 years old and when I was younger I used to act in plays in theatre (nothing major, local productions) and attending drama schools, it was always a passion of mine. After I left school I focused on other things and lost time to get out and act but I am now getting bac…
Reddit · 28 Jun 2020
Hi all, I'm an actor in New York (so original I know) looking to take a self-tape class over the summer. I've found a couple on the internet, but have never taken classes in self-taping before and figured I'd ask for recommendations here before signing up and blowing a bunch of money. The two I've found are: This one w…
Reddit · 28 Jun 2020
Hi there, I am a starting actor and seeking representation. I submitted myself to lots of agencies in London. All the responses were kinda the same: "Thank you for your email. Unfortunately I am not looking to extend my client list for the moment. May I take this opportunity to wish you success for the future." I don't…
Reddit · 28 Jun 2020
Im seeking a talented and experienced voice actress ages 20-40 who can perfectly imitate the voice of Kath Soucie. Best references would be Lola Bunny from Space Jam or Sally Acorn from the 90s SatAM Sonic the Hedgehog cartoon. The is a paid, short term project that only requires ONE line to be recorded, but needs to b…
Reddit · 28 Jun 2020
I mean...unless the character has an accent that needs authenticity, I dont see how voice acting casting can now be based on appearance. For live action acting makes sense because you cant change your appearance but for voice acting I figured the beauty of it is you dont need to look like the character. You can be fat…
Reddit · 27 Jun 2020
Hey everyone, I'm a relatively new actor seeking representation, and I've been seeing a lot of paid intensives/showcases/seminars with casting directors and agents on acting websites (Backstage, Actors Connection, etc.). I'm tempted to sign up for them just to get my face in front of these people. I was wondering if an…
Reddit · 27 Jun 2020
i keep finding roles i’d be perfect for, but video reels are a requirement but since i’m a theatrical actor filming is frowned upon so u don’t have any footage! Is there anything i can edit together to supplement?
Reddit · 27 Jun 2020
I am a vet. I was working in a clinic and doing phd in school at the same time (because life took me there), but i gave myself 2 years to achieve my acting goal. I love running after my passion but sometimes i feel desperate and i don’t want to be regretfull about it.